Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Are you going to let him touch and swing your club? Looking forward to following the Cobra SZ head and UST shaft pairings for that one.
[shakes Magic 8 Ball]

All signs point to yes.

Just wondering where you can order the addition weights. I've looked on Cobra's website and can't find any like in the past.
I called cobra customer service and ordered them straight through them.

I have a badass THP UST Helium shaft, that I plug and play occasionally - glad that's a stock offering. Might be my go to, but I really really really ❤ me some True Sports goodness and like to put it in play when I can.

every other club I tend to gravitate to true sports. whether its Project x or obviously TT. Driver shaft wise, i just haven't enjoyed hitting them. ALthough, I did hit an even flow blue once and liked it for the most part, but it felt a little loose and didn't think I could had enough for the black and certainly not the white. I would like to try out the riptide to see how it performs.

But i really enjoy my helium and my ATTAS 11

@BigDill - any way you're leaning with this pairing, I think you posted in the other thread - if Danny Le told you to pick a shaft first and pick the head, then do the fitting what head shaft would you go with?

oh hes definitely dreaming of that Linq purple and hoping its Fire!!!!!

every other club I tend to gravitate to true sports. whether its Project x or obviously TT. Driver shaft wise, i just haven't enjoyed hitting them. ALthough, I did hit an even flow blue once and liked it for the most part, but it felt a little loose and didn't think I could had enough for the black and certainly not the white. I would like to try out the riptide to see how it performs.

But i really enjoy my helium and my ATTAS 11

Since you and I share similar swings, if you can get your hands on one and if the Speedzone drivers are more forgiveness/spin improvements on the F9 - try the LAGolf Shaft OLYSS absolutely revolutionized my tee game, can't wait to get that one in one of these heads. Has me really excited for my driver game this year.

eh havent been a fan of the hazardous line. Lately I have done really well sticking to mainly UST driver shafts.

Was considering the UST Helium shaft, but is just way to light for me.

Since you and I share similar swings, if you can get your hands on one and if the Speedzone drivers are more forgiveness/spin improvements on the F9 - try the LAGolf Shaft OLYSS absolutely revolutionized my tee game, can't wait to get that one in one of these heads. Has me really excited for my driver game this year.

That’s interesting.... I always felt like those would be way too stiff or low launching for me. I haven’t dove really deep into the looking at them though. Will certainly see if I could find one.

Was considering the UST Helium shaft, but is just way to light for me.

The great thing about it though is I’m pretty sure it is counter balanced so the lightness is not as bad as you would think. You certainly feel the total club or weight being lighter, but it was not as noticeable as I would’ve thought. The biggest difference was when I put a heavier/non-counter balance shaft in my driver head and that was such a weird and different feeling since I played the helium for so long

@BigDill - any way you're leaning with this pairing, I think you posted in the other thread - if Danny Le told you to pick a shaft first and pick the head, then do the fitting what head shaft would you go with?

You would think as a lawyer I would be more careful with my word choice :rolleyes:.

I spoke with Danny Le quite a bit about the new UST Mamiya driver shaft releases at the Graphite Challenge in November at one of the dinners and based upon his description of the shafts and my tenancies, I have a strong preference towards the LIN-Q Purple. The profile and design with a more stable tip seem like its a match for my game. But, I have been working on fixing my driver swing over the last two months, so I am really up in the air with what will ultimately fit me. I was really hitting down on the ball with a very steep AoA with the driver, so i have been pulling it up. Part of that work has really slowed my swing down.

As of today, I am thinking that I would start with a YELLOW 10.5* SpeedZone head and a Purple LIN-Q in regular flex and see what the numbers looked like.

I'm a big fan of the Cobra Metalwoods, always some of the top performers for my swing. Not to mention some of my favorite looking drivers out there. Glad they kept that with this release as well. I think I'm going yellow.

We should play a scramble sometime Craigers - I think we'd do some damage.

I thought at last year’s Morgan Cup that our strengths would have really meshed well. You are definitely a stronger iron player.

That’s interesting.... I always felt like those would be way too stiff or low launching for me. I haven’t dove really deep into the looking at them though. Will certainly see if I could find one.

Oh, I followed some of the other threads, and the TPOC and Trono :LOL: those are lumberjack shafts - they would break me. OLYSS check it out, LEGIT.

Here you go, I think it's going to be amazing with the Speedzone heads.

The great thing about it though is I’m pretty sure it is counter balanced so the lightness is not as bad as you would think. You certainly feel the total club or weight being lighter, but it was not as noticeable as I would’ve thought. The biggest difference was when I put a heavier/non-counter balance shaft in my driver head and that was such a weird and different feeling since I played the helium for so long

I had a Tensie AV Blue on my Cobra F8 but it was stiff flex. I always really liked the Tensie Blue shaft and should be a good fit for me in the Speedzone. (y)

I had a Tensie AV Blue on my Cobra F8 but it was stiff flex. I always really liked the Tensie Blue shaft and should be a good fit for me in the Speedzone. (y)

I mean it’s a total preference thing. Me, I can’t stand a tensei blue. I’ve tried it in the F8 line, I tried it in the TS2/3, I’ve tried it in my current driver the Wilson cortex. I just have never enjoyed hitting it/just doesn’t fit me. But I know it’s a good shaft because a lot of people love it.

I mean it’s a total preference thing. Me, I can’t stand a tensei blue. I’ve tried it in the F8 line, I tried it in the TS2/3, I’ve tried it in my current driver the Wilson cortex. I just have never enjoyed hitting it/just doesn’t fit me. But I know it’s a good shaft because a lot of people love it.

Was a solid plug and play from a stock option - other ones perform just that much better, but I think I could game that shaft and one of these heads with decent results this season.

Guess that is why there over 2 billion choices for golf shafts and more coming every day. :LOL:

Ok. Since receiving the newly released SZ 9.0 set to 8.0 with the Hzrdus Yellow Smoke Shaft 6.5, 60 grams Shaft I have played 99 holes of golf.

I have kept track of my percentage of Fairway hit with the Driver. To my amazement I am happy to report that I have hit 52% Of the Fairways attempted with the driver. This up from 28% Fairway hitting percentage with the F9 for prior 12 months. A 53.8% improvement. Which is Astounding given that there is a breaking in period with any new Club during the first two weeks or so.

Plus when you look at the face of the Club, it looks like Swiss Cheese. Since I always use all the surface of any driver I hit. So even though my swing has not significantly improved and I rarely find the Sweet spot on the center of the Driver I am being rewarded with excellent performance. Of Course I lose some Distance on off center hits. But even on my worse toe or heal shots the driver technology is working hard to correct my mistakes and safely guide the ball toward its intended target.

Get off the fence and test one for your self. Especially the owners of a F9 like me, who doubted that they might see any significant performance improvements only one year after the release of the F9 with the Speedzone. :drinks:

OK, I'm back from PGASS with the Speedzone sitting in my golf bag for tomorrow to play 18 indoors on the simulator. One other thing, has anyone else noticed that there is a little of Star Trek in the design of the Cobra. I swear on the heel of the the club those red bordered squares look like impulse engines to me. My kids keep telling me that I'm weird, they might be right, although I'll never agree with them. :p :laughing:

20200128_123131.jpg

OK, I'm back from PGASS with the Speedzone sitting in my golf bag for tomorrow to play 18 indoors on the simulator. One other thing, has anyone else noticed that there is a little of Star Trek in the design of the Cobra. I swear on the heel of the the club those red bordered squares look like impulse engines to me. My kids keep telling me that I'm weird, they might be right, although I'll never agree with them. :p :laughing:

View attachment 8925260
So inquiring minds want to know... what shaft did you get?

So inquiring minds want to know... what shaft did you get?

Mitsubishi Tensie AV Blue 65 65g R flex

I had the same shaft on my F8 only it was a stiff flex.

View attachment 8925260

:drinks:

Love all the reports coming in on the SZ. Keep letting us know if you try it or buy it!

Back