Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Love all the reports coming in on the SZ. Keep letting us know if you try it or buy it!

Last weekend I went to PGASS and hit some demos of both the Xtreme and the Speedzone just to get a feel of the club and the shafts. I was not really concerned about the numbers at that point. Tomorrow on the simulator I try and get some numbers. Numbers are not the endall for me as they are to other golfers. It's more about feel to me in the end. Cobra has always had that feel for me and I hope it continues. :)

Last weekend I went to PGASS and hit some demos of both the Xtreme and the Speedzone just to get a feel of the club and the shafts. I was not really concerned about the numbers at that point. Tomorrow on the simulator I try and get some numbers. Numbers are not the endall for me as they are to other golfers. It's more about feel to me in the end. Cobra has always had that feel for me and I hope it continues. :)

Let us know what you see.

Get off the fence and test one for your self. Especially the owners of a F9 like me, who doubted that they might see any significant performance improvements only one year after the release of the F9 with the Speedzone. :drinks:

A few of us will be able to give our opinions on February 22nd. :)

After looking at the numbers some more, I am pretty excited to reverse the weights in the standard SpeedZone and see what happens with the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow shaft. Almost every shaft I have tried keeps my launch at around 15 when the head is set to 9 degrees. If reversing the weights gets my spin up to about 2300 and I maintain the dispersion I have seen every time with the standard head, this will likely be the best driver I have ever had in my bag.

Paging, @JB... You mentioned you would have this driver out for a round yesterday, I believe. How’d it turn out?

After looking at the numbers some more, I am pretty excited to reverse the weights in the standard SpeedZone and see what happens with the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow shaft. Almost every shaft I have tried keeps my launch at around 15 when the head is set to 9 degrees. If reversing the weights gets my spin up to about 2300 and I maintain the dispersion I have seen every time with the standard head, this will likely be the best driver I have ever had in my bag.

What’s the current weight setup?

What’s the current weight setup?

I did have the heavy weight forward. With The Ventus shaft, my spin numbers were about 2500, which is totally fine. I have tried Smoke Yellow twice and the spin numbers were around 2000. It moving the heavy weight to the back increases the spin by 300-ish, I will truly be in the sweet spot for my launch and ball speed.

Honestly, I LOVE the Smoke Yellow shaft. I was always so so about the Yellow. The Smoke Yellow is tweaked enough to make it feel really good with this head.

I did have the heavy weight forward. With The Ventus shaft, my spin numbers were about 2500, which is totally fine. I have tried Smoke Yellow twice and the spin numbers were around 2000. It moving the heavy weight to the back increases the spin by 300-ish, I will truly be in the sweet spot for my launch and ball speed.

Honestly, I LOVE the Smoke Yellow shaft. I was always so so about the Yellow. The Smoke Yellow is tweaked enough to make it feel really good with this head.

Looks like you have it dialed in nicely. Nice work. Should be a bomber for you.

Apologies Craigers, I wasn’t clear - what are the weights of your weights - and were they stock or did you have them give you a custom setup

Apologies Craigers, I wasn’t clear - what are the weights of your weights - and were they stock or did you have them give you a custom setup

I didn’t order special weights. It came with 14 and 2 grams, which are stock, I believe.

Paging, @JB... You mentioned you would have this driver out for a round yesterday, I believe. How’d it turn out?

It turned out really well. In fact better than I remember from the last round. Im hesitant to have too much feedback since it was extremely windy, but I am enjoying both the distance and forgiveness I am seeing more than I have in a long time. I also continue to find the sound to be downright intoxicating.

It turned out really well. In fact better than I remember from the last round. Im hesitant to have too much feedback since it was extremely windy, but I am enjoying both the distance and forgiveness I am seeing more than I have in a long time. I also continue to find the sound to be downright intoxicating.

yup, I need to hit this

I cannot wait to get this dialed in and see what the numbers throw up.

Intoxicating sound :oops: I love hearing that. I need to go hit this again. For some reason the one time I hit it it seemed really loud, could be the temps and the hard balls though. I loved the sound of the F9

Thanks for the feedback, @JB. One thing that is fun to hear is that you are getting out to play. Some people who love something (like golf, fly fishing, etc.) turn the avocation into a vocation and then never get to enjoy it for themselves anymore. I am glad you still get to enjoy golf as a participant.

Intoxicating sound :oops: I love hearing that. I need to go hit this again. For some reason the one time I hit it it seemed really loud, could be the temps and the hard balls though. I loved the sound of the F9

Obviously, all of us who participated in the last Morgan Cup know the F9 well. I don’t know that I have ever played a modern driver that sounds/feels better. I now have hit hundreds of balls with the new SpeedZone, albeit all indoors. I think it is somewhat louder than the F9, but on the spectrum, it is still very much in the range of the F9 and I can’t imagine anybody not really liking how it sounds/feels.

Wow, can't wait to get some first hand experience with this. Hoping next weekend will be able to do a Cobra only fitting with irons and drivers/fairways.

Warning The New Cobra Speedzone Driver can do some serious damage to your Scorecard.

Like when your Older Playing partner insists that you Drive the Green on a 296 yard par 4 down wind. Mind you the are 20 years older and you have been hitting your drives 50 yards further than theirs. As it needs to be said that my average drives are in the 250 to 260 yard range. So you decided what the heck. Their is no danger Zone between you and the Green. You Tee your ball a little bit higher, widen your Stance an inch or two and swing out of your Boots.

You sit back an are amazed to see the ball heading straight for the front of the Green. Everyone starts hooting and yelling get up there. Get up. Then see as your ball hits 10 yards short of the Green as the wind is picking up. Takes a hard bounce and continues to bounce and roll over the Green into the Pond hidden from view behind the Flag. Rolling Splash!!!

Please Driver Responsibly.

Warning The New Cobra Speedzone Driver can do some serious damage to your Scorecard.

Like when your Older Playing partner insists that you Drive the Green on a 296 yard par 4 down wind. Mind you the are 20 years older and you have been hitting your drives 50 yards further than theirs. As it needs to be said that my average drives are in the 250 to 260 yard range. So you decided what the heck. Their is no danger Zone between you and the Green. You Tee your ball a little bit higher, widen your Stance an inch or two and swing out of your Boots.

You sit back an are amazed to see the ball heading straight for the front of the Green. Everyone starts hooting and yelling get up there. Get up. Then see as your ball hits 10 yards short of the Green as the wind is picking up. Takes a hard bounce and continues to bounce and roll over the Green into the Pond hidden from view behind the Flag. Rolling Splash!!!

Please Driver Responsibly.

Sounds like the Big Tour Fairway would have gotten you on the green :p

What shaft is in this for you?

Sounds like the Big Tour Fairway would have gotten you on the green :p

What shaft is in this for you?
Hzrdus Yellow Smoke 6.5 60 gr X-Stff.

My jaw fell off my face as we watched the ball track the pin almost hit the flag stick and keep on trucking off the Green :golf2::snub::facepalm::banghead:

Hzrdus Yellow Smoke 6.5 60 gr X-Stff.

My jaw fell off my face as we watched the ball track the pin almost hit the flag stick and keep on trucking off the Green :golf2::snub::facepalm::banghead:

Big drive!!!

Back