Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Bridgestone Golf

ToddJ027b

Morgan Cup, Paradise 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Nice numbers. Getting everything dialed in for the Morgan cup!
Trying....But I sure hope it doesn't take me 80 more drives to figure it out again and add direction. MC will be over by then!!

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That's going to be interesting to watch.
Shows minor gains. But still gains. I have seen very similar things. The one thing that will make the speedzone a bit more difficult for some is a bit of fade bias. When you put the club down is want to slide open. I love that. Others that tend to fight a fade may not.

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just watched that video and I need to stop ignoring this driver. Definitely going to try this out with the Mavrik and SIM next week.

I don't have any brand loyalty, I just try and play what is best for my game and taste.

Can't wait for next week!

If anyone can recommend a great place for a fitting in Myrtle beach, I'm all ears!!!!

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Shows minor gains. But still gains. I have seen very similar things. The one thing that will make the speedzone a bit more difficult for some is a bit of fade bias. When you put the club down is want to slide open. I love that. Others that tend to fight a fade may not.
The little bit more fade bias in the regular speedzone is music to my ears...

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The little bit more fade bias in the regular speedzone is music to my ears...
It is to mine as well. I do not suspect that there is an actual fade bias. As in an open face. There is just something about the shape of the head and how it sits that promotes this. But The Cobra is the number 2 driver on my top driver list this year. It could move up with a proper combo as well.

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.8
You fit people and I don’t, so you must see more people swing the various heads than I. However, I think the general consensus was the the F9 9* head had fade bias to it as well. One of the great things about the Cobra product, though is the adapter allows for a draw setting and it does not cause the head to look extremely closed, as some of the adapters do when in the draw setting.

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You fit people and I don’t, so you must see more people swing the various heads than I. However, I think the general consensus was the the F9 9* head had fade bias to it as well. One of the great things about the Cobra product, though is the adapter allows for a draw setting and it does not cause the head to look extremely closed, as some of the adapters do when in the draw setting.
You are correct. It did. That was probably the only issue people had with the F9. It seems a bit more pronounced in the speedzone. Or maybe it is the same and there are other factors involved. But those that fight a fade are hanging this up quickly and moving on. Which is fine. Not every driver is for every golfer.

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You are correct. It did. That was probably the only issue people had with the F9. It seems a bit more pronounced in the speedzone. Or maybe it is the same and there are other factors involved. But those that fight a fade are hanging this up quickly and moving on. Which is fine. Not every driver is for every golfer.
I know a lot did not like the fade bias of the F9 and for that reason wouldn't play it. Cobra claimed last year with the weight in the back it would be draw biased but I don't see that in the description this year. I was unfortunately not able to play the weight in the back with the F9, hoping it will be possible in the SZ. Does the extreme face seem similar to you?

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.8
Have you tried putting it in the draw setting for those who are “hanging this up quickly?”

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.8
I know a lot did not like the fade bias of the F9 and for that reason wouldn't play it. Cobra claimed last year with the weight in the back it would be draw biased but I don't see that in the description this year. I was unfortunately not able to play the weight in the back with the F9, hoping it will be possible in the SZ. Does the extreme face seem similar to you?
Having hit both, there is no doubt in my mind that the Xtreme is more draw biased than the standard SZ head.

MagicSpell

one big somb1tch
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20 ish
Now this is scaring me. I definitely fight a fade off the tee. I've learned to quiet it somewhat with my Ping G400 SFT but I can still send it right. I'm hoping the Speedzone with the right shaft from @DannyLe will allow me to play this driver...

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now this is scaring me. I definitely fight a fade off the tee. I've learned to quiet it somewhat with my Ping G400 SFT but I can still send it right. I'm hoping the Speedzone with the right shaft from @DannyLe will allow me to play this driver...
Listen, just go try it. It is a great driver. There are draw settings that should help facilitate some change there. Don't let others fitting affect yours. Just go try and see for yourself. Many that see a fade with this are going to see a fade with the most anti slice driver out there.

As @tahoebum mentioned. Try the extreme as well. It is very good.

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Having hit both, there is no doubt in my mind that the Xtreme is more draw biased than the standard SZ head.
I find it to be a very good driver. I believe the face is still square. Just much higher MOI.

If it is good enough for Rickie... Right?

MagicSpell

one big somb1tch
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20 ish
I'm set to demo this on the 15th locally and then get the proper fitting a week later at the Distance Bash!

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.8
I have mentioned it a few times now today, but will state it again. If people are fighting fades or leaving it right with the standard SpeedZone, They owe it to themselves to put the driver in the draw setting before giving up on it. It really does make a difference.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
I have mentioned it a few times now today, but will state it again. If people are fighting fades or leaving it right with the standard SpeedZone, They owe it to themselves to put the driver in the draw setting before giving up on it. It really does make a difference.

Tevenor

Honored to be the 1st member of the Grandmama!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am the opposite. My fight/miss is taking my baby draw and turning it into a baby elephant draw. I have my EF SZ set in bias fade setting and my shot shape still is a baby draw. Interested to see if this head truly is fade biased.

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.8
I am the opposite. My fight/miss is taking my baby draw and turning it into a baby elephant draw. I have my EF SZ set in bias fade setting and my shot shape still is a baby draw. Interested to see if this head truly is fade biased.
That will be interesting, because most people would say that the Epic Flash Sub Zero is fade biased, as well.

oumagic

Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 10
Yep, everyone is different and I can’t wait to try this out. On my Callaway, I kept fighting a big draw on 10.5 loft and neutral. I didn’t want to go down in loft because my launch angle on 10.5 was borderline low. I went to a fitting and he took me to 9.5 loft and my launch went up and the drives straightened out with a new shaft.

I am excited to get fit in the extreme or standard of this one and will just go with what the fitter finds best.

BigDill

PutPut Palace
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20.1 Grint
This is 100% correct. Solved the problem for me.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw a guy pick up 11.4 yards of carry with the XTreme head vs his current M6 at a fitting. That was pretty darn wild.

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.8
I just saw a guy pick up 11.4 yards of carry with the XTreme head vs his current M6 at a fitting. That was pretty darn wild.
Was the new shaft profile quite different?

Tevenor

Honored to be the 1st member of the Grandmama!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Was the new shaft profile quite different?
And to add to that, 11.4 yards on average I am assuming. What was the dispersion from lowest to highest distance delta between the two?

BigDill

PutPut Palace
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20.1 Grint
Was the USGA watching? :oops:

vdubtx

MC Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That'll be an exact comparison that I will be seeing on Saturday when I finally get to hit some Cobra clubs. (y)

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in