Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Bridgestone Golf

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mine should arrive in a few days. I am thinking that the grip will not be to my liking. 2 questions if any know. 1. I have a rod type grip remover. Can the grip be removed successfully? 2. Is it true that installing. A different grip will result in -1/2 inch playing length?
Did you order cobra connect grips? If so, they come longer than standard to accommodate the sensor. If you want to replace I would advise pulling the grip back away from the sensor and squirting some solvent in and removing the sensor. Then the grip can be removed like any other grip.

uman

Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y
I got it on EBay and can't tell if it has the Cobra connect grip.
Did you order cobra connect grips? If so, they come longer than standard to accommodate the sensor. If you want to replace I would advise pulling the grip back away from the sensor and squirting some solvent in and removing the sensor. Then the grip can be removed like any other grip.
Thanks for info. I got it on EBay and can't tell from the photos if it is the Cobra connect grip. Info just says Cobra grip.

PapaJohick

#ShortKnockerBombs
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am in on the SZ Extreme with the Helium shaft. Barely used like new HC and tool. Just checked my eBay. $211 auction winner. I am a sucker for good driver deals.
Better price than I got haha

uman

Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y
Better price than I got haha
I have all of the newer drivers. I have had some medical issues and have not been able to do any golf for 3 months. But today for the first time I hit my epic flash as well as my trusty 400 Max. My 6th driver the SZ Extreme will be in the lineup in a couple days. Have not had cobra since Bio Cell. I got the SZ because of the Helium shaft. That shaft. At age 74 peaked my interest.

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got it on EBay and can't tell if it has the Cobra connect grip.

Thanks for info. I got it on EBay and can't tell from the photos if it is the Cobra connect grip. Info just says Cobra grip.
Send a picture of the butt end and it will be very easy to verify if there's a sensor or if it's a standard grip.

sposey013168

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am in on the SZ Extreme with the Helium shaft. Barely used like new HC and tool. Just checked my eBay. $211 auction winner. I am a sucker for good driver deals.
Are you sure it’s a real cobra? That price seems crazy low

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I got an email that worldwide golf is doing 150% trade ins at their stores on Speedzone clubs.

sposey013168

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got an email that worldwide golf is doing 150% trade ins at their stores on Speedzone clubs.
That’s sweet deal

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

sposey013168

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just checked their website and it said 50 percent?

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

sposey013168

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Never mind me that’s 50 percent above, I am dumb tonight

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.6
True. I saw it at my local store.

uman

Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y

uman

Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y
Send a picture of the butt end and it will be very easy to verify if there's a sensor or if it's a standard grip.
I will know when I get it in hand. I am pretty sure it is a sensor but hoping it is standard. I know what the connect/ sensor looks like but the eBay photo of the grip is a side few from bottom to top. It looks like a Lumpkin crossline with white at butt end of grip

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
19ish :(
Pulled the trigger on a white Extreme 10.5* with the Tensei regular. Also ordered an Atmos TS Blue 6R to give another option. Need the snow to melt so I can get it dialed in.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

MrFlapjack

Reaction score
Handicap
Ordered a 9 degree Extreme with a 70g 6.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black. Hoping for similar stability as my LTD with HZRDUS Black 70g 6.5 but with a bit more launch. Hoping I can keep spin in check.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Ordered a 9 degree Extreme with a 70g 6.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black. Hoping for similar stability as my LTD with HZRDUS Black 70g 6.5 but with a bit more launch. Hoping I can keep spin in check.
looking forward to your feedback, hope it gives you high launch low spin ? ? ?

MrFlapjack

Reaction score
Handicap
Also, with a 14g weight in the back the head felt ridiculously stable at impact.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.6
I will be very interested to see the spin numbers or your thoughts on spin. The Xtreme head inspires confidence when set up to the ball. It would be in my bag if the spin numbers were a little lower.

MrFlapjack

Reaction score
Handicap
That's the stock weight correct?
No, pretty sure stock is 4g. I pulled it from the reg head and put it in the extreme. I play driver at about D7 with a midsize grip, so I like heavy.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
No, pretty sure stock is 4g. I pulled it from the reg head and put it in the extreme. I play driver at about D7 with a midsize grip, so I like heavy.
Just looked 6g is stock in Xtreme and 14g is stock in regular SZ

Tevenor

Boom boom stick
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

stoney_dukes

Reaction score
Handicap
Going to try the SpeedZone for the second time again today against my M5 gamer. I played the F9 before the M5 and it was pretty automatic. Saw better distance with a small sacrifice in dispersion going to the M5. SS about 100 at mile high in Denver. I'll post the results head to head 9 deg in both. Currently playing Tensei pro white 60S in M5 and i have a KK Silver TiNi 60x to try in the cobra. I've got numbers with the M5 in the KK so I'll compare those and decide if I want to swap out the adapter on the Tensei if the Cobra looks like it's going in the bag.

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I found out that the guy hitting the SpeedZone driver next to me at the range last time had come in set on ordering the Masters F9 and the shop owner let him know those sold out last year. They fit him into the SpeedZone driver he was hitting. I know the owner told me that the guy inquired if I was willing to trade my F9 masters head for the SpeedZone. This might sound silly but I said I don't think so. I love the look of the Masters camo and hope they make a SpeedZone version this year for me to get!!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in