Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Looking forward to sharing some thoughts in here soon on the Speedzone Extreme.
I was fit into the 9* head at Distance Bash.

First thoughts are I love the sound. The toe forgiveness is legit. This thing will finally kick out my previous gamer that I had such a hard time moving on from.

Same thoughts as me. Ill be posting a full review of the shaft and head hopefully tomorrow and will link it in here.

Crazy seeing so many fit into the Xtreme head at the distance bash. I need to give that head another try!!
In my fittings for Morgan Cup, I was expecting Xtreme would be the one, but my first fitting put me into the regular SZ head.

Went for a final fitting yesterday and Xtreme is gonna be the winner for me. (y)

Looking forward to sharing some thoughts in here soon on the Speedzone Extreme.
I was fit into the 9* head at Distance Bash.

First thoughts are I love the sound. The toe forgiveness is legit. This thing will finally kick out my previous gamer that I had such a hard time moving on from.
@Tevenor and I were talking about how it sounds good regardless of how poorly you hit it. Very consistent sound, but you can definitely feel where you missed it.

I hit the longest drive of my life with the Extreme this weekend. Playing mine at 10.5 with a UST Mamiya Helium shaft
That is good news but now I am second guessing my plan. Very recently got. A 12 extreme with the Helium. In F2 flex at a stupid low price. I have not hit it and have it up for sale. 12 degree with senior flex Helium at this point might work for me. First choice would be 10.5 and R flex Helium but I bid a stupid low price and won. How far do you think your drive was? Congrats on hitting the. beast of all drives. You young ones make me very jealous.

It is really cool that The Xtreme fit so many so well. I am playing mine at 10.5 which I haven’t done in a while. Loft has become my friend.

It is really cool that The Xtreme fit so many so well. I am playing mine at 10.5 which I haven’t done in a while. Loft has become my friend.

Interestingly enough I think there only 2 folks fitted to none standard lofts during the bash: @hailoffire fire was reported down on a 10.5 deg head and I was lofted down to 8 deg from 9 deg head.

So, I unleashed this drive today. I am playing the standard head, set to 9 degrees draw, Ventus Blue 5 Stiff shaft. I was playing the new Bridgestone RX, which I think is a really good ball for me. This driver is terrific. I am seeing a perfect trajectory for my ball speed to maximize carry and roll out.

3CFA2DD7-B28B-42DC-A587-66130B1F59B6.jpeg

That is good news but now I am second guessing my plan. Very recently got. A 12 extreme with the Helium. In F2 flex at a stupid low price. I have not hit it and have it up for sale. 12 degree with senior flex Helium at this point might work for me. First choice would be 10.5 and R flex Helium but I bid a stupid low price and won. How far do you think your drive was? Congrats on hitting the. beast of all drives. You young ones make me very jealous.
He hit it like 361, we were looking in the completely wrong area of the fairway for a minute.

I hit the longest drive of my life with the Extreme this weekend. Playing mine at 10.5 with a UST Mamiya Helium shaft
Sounds like a moon ? shot. Love seeing this!

That's a great combo JB. Did Danny fit you into that shaft??

Finally got to hit these. Found a place that does outdoor fittings with either Trackman or GC2. I opted for GC2 since it was only $50. Hit these, the Sim, G410, and Mavrik. I ended up getting fit into the Extreme 10.5 lofted up 1 with the Tensei Blue 65 stiff.

I expected the Mavrik to be the one because of what I saw at CC. I’m glad I didn’t buy it because I could not hit it straight. It was actually worse than what I play now. The regular SpeedZone wasn’t for me. It was shorter with higher spin than the Extreme. Dispersion was horrible. The Sim was a close second but the Extreme averaged about 5yds further carry with lower spin and better dispersion. Picked up about 15yds over my current driver and eliminated the power fade. Needless to say I will have one shortly.

On a separate note I’ll never do another indoor fitting. Seeing the ballfight made a huge difference

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing more from the Distance Bash folks!!! Change my mind this is better than my F9!

Finally got to hit these. Found a place that does outdoor fittings with either Trackman or GC2. I opted for GC2 since it was only $50. Hit these, the Sim, G410, and Mavrik. I ended up getting fit into the Extreme 10.5 lofted up 1 with the Tensei Blue 65 stiff.

I expected the Mavrik to be the one because of what I saw at CC. I’m glad I didn’t buy it because I could not hit it straight. It was actually worse than what I play now. The regular SpeedZone wasn’t for me. It was shorter with higher spin than the Extreme. Dispersion was horrible. The Sim was a close second but the Extreme averaged about 5yds further carry with lower spin and better dispersion. Picked up about 15yds over my current driver and eliminated the power fade. Needless to say I will have one shortly.

Also, I will never do another indoor fitting. Seeing the ballfight made a huge difference
Thanks for your interesting thought on the Extreme. I agree with you that it is best to avoid indoor fittings. Seeing ball flight is better . I think you get a better idea on the sound if you are hitting outdoors.

Thanks for your interesting thought on the Extreme. I agree with you that it is best to avoid indoor fittings. Seeing ball flight is better . I think you get a better idea on the sound if you are hitting outdoors.

I agree. At the indoor fitting track man was showing me hitting the Maverick straight or even with a draw. Outdoors it was a 40 yard slice. Also the maverick won the sound battle indoors but outdoors the cobra was better by miles

Wednesday is going to be a fun day thanks to the man, the myth the legend @Tenputt
Craig is a solid guy for sure!! What do you guys have going on??

Craig is a solid guy for sure!! What do you guys have going on??

Let’s just say that Alex has let me borrow some of his equipment in the past to try and I have done the same. It’s a back and forth thing.

On a separate note I’ll never do another indoor fitting. Seeing the ballfight made a huge difference
How does the launch and ball flight compare between the 9 and 10.5 extreme heads?

How does the launch and ball flight compare between the 9 and 10.5 extreme heads?

I really can’t say, I didn’t hit the 9°. We started with the 10.5° because I have a negative AoA

I have been trying different shafts in my Extreme. Today I played an Aldila Rip'd NV stiff and hit my best drives so far. I have tried the Project X Smoke Yellow and HZRDUS Red with marginal results. I have a few more shafts to try.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back