Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

That looks so sweet! Can't wait to see the rest.

View attachment 8932012View attachment 8932014View attachment 8932015View attachment 8932016

And here we have the new big dawg! SZ Xtreme, avalanche white set at 12 degrees. Tour length, Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60 shaft in stiff.

Honestly, this thing looks even better in person, the matt top is just out of this world and is screaming hit me!View attachment 8932017

The driver looks awesome. Congratulations.

The toes also look fairly good. I am not detecting any fungus.

That white and matte finish is 🔥

The driver looks awesome. Congratulations.

The toes also look fairly good. I am not detecting any fungus.
My socks are now back on....heat of the moment, I offer no apologies 😂

So happy for clubs to start showing up!

View attachment 8932012View attachment 8932014View attachment 8932015View attachment 8932016

And here we have the new big dawg! SZ Xtreme, avalanche white set at 12 degrees. Tour length, Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60 shaft in stiff.

Honestly, this thing looks even better in person, the matt top is just out of this world and is screaming hit me!View attachment 8932017
Looks great!!!!! That's the exact model I ordered, just a different shaft. Can't wait for it to get here!!

Looks great!!!!! That's the exact model I ordered, just a different shaft. Can't wait for it to get here!!
You’ll love it! Only bad thing is that I couldn’t hit it immediately, the frustration is real...

Well, today we had great weather and just a breeze. Played the Supersoft ball so I could see the distance with the SZ Extreme driver compared to the Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo driver. Both are 9*, the SZ Extreme shaft is the UST Helium 4F2 @ 55 grams and the HB Turbo has the Miyazaki C Kua 5R @ 50 grams. I'm amazed as to how straight the SZ Extreme results are and it's 5 to 8 yards longer than the HB Turbo. IO'm still geting used to the white circular lines on the back of the driver head and the bright white Cobra snake emblem just behind the sweet spot. After 2 rounds with the SZ Extreme it's now my gamer and the HB Turbo is the hot spare.

3 11 20 Cobra Speedzone driver c.jpg

I do like that the headcover stitching matches the color head you choose, that is a nice touch.

Last edited:
I do like that the headcover stitching matches the color head you choose that is a nice touch.
It really is, just class from start to finish.

I do like that the headcover stitching matches the color head you choose that is a nice touch.
Talking about the head cover. Goes on very hard/tough, comes off hard but putting it on..............................I now use a knit head cover. fixed that problem.

I've tried the extreme version a few time. The smash factor all over the face is what I like best. Wish they made the same model type in a very low spin head though.

What were you spinning it at? I havent seen many complain about it being too spinny unless of course the player just comes down on the ball aggressively.

Talking about the head cover. Goes on very hard/tough, comes off hard but putting it on..............................I now use a knit head cover. fixed that problem.

Ya I couldn't deal with the headcover. thankfully I have others to use from Cayce, but dang the sz extreme cover was a bear to put on and off

Finally got the SZE out to the range. Felt crisp on contact although the sound will take some time to get used to. My previous XR16 was a soft thud at contact. This is a higher pitched crack. Distance seemed longer. I'll have to hit side by side in a round to see which ends up farther. But to my eye on the range I've got more distance and roll out with the Cobra.
My dilemma now is which shaft to keep. The Atmos 6R had a solid feel to it with a flatter ball flight. I had to loft up +1 to get the apex I wanted. The Tensi 65R had a similar feel but launched higher and I went back and forth between standard and -1 lofts. My gut tells me to use the Atmos and loft up. What do you say?

Today, this driver was exceptional. According to Arccos, when using this driver during my round today, averaged 287 yards, and hit 8/9 fairways. Even at elevation in SLC, for a spring day, that is as good as I can possibly hit driver.. Today, the driver was set up with the Ventus Blue shaft in standard 9* setting. I think I am settling into this setup for the year.

I do like that the headcover stitching matches the color head you choose, that is a nice touch.

I noticed that, too. Nice touch.

The Big Dog came out of the bag at the range last night, and even putting it down behind the ball it just looks phenomenal. I've always loved a matt finish, and the avalanche white finish here ticks every box I could want in terms of visuals. The face looks great, and paired with the Hzrdus just looks like a complete weapon. The confidence this inspires down on the ground is amazing.

Performance was fantastic as well. Only thing I fell down on slightly was the distance and ball speed. With my EF Sub Zero, I'm averaging 244 carry off the tee and with the SZ this went down to 212. There are a couple of mitigating factors though;

Last night was after a long and stressful day at work, so I was pretty exhausted and probably not swinging as fast as I could along with the fact that I had already hit 120 balls and I'm not the fittest of chaps :LOL:
I've gone Tour Length, so the shaft is shorter and this will take a little bit of getting used to.
Range balls - say no more.

As I've said on a number of posts, I am totally confident that these numbers will go up considerably once I get into a groove with it and build up the confidence.

The dispersion and accuracy however was absolutely out of this world. This was a driver that just wants to go straight down the middle, no matter what sort of swing I put on it. My big miss is usually a slice (or power fade as it's called in the industry ;)) and even with a true slicers swing this ended up either straight or with just a small baby cut. I've never hit a driver that has been so consistent and easy to hit. Even if the distance doesn't go up, I'm still taking the SZ purely because of the number of times I will be in the fairway as opposed to right rough or trees. I just can't wait to get this out onto the course to see some real life results - Cobra have made an absolute monster of a club here.

The Big Dog came out of the bag at the range last night, and even putting it down behind the ball it just looks phenomenal. I've always loved a matt finish, and the avalanche white finish here ticks every box I could want in terms of visuals. The face looks great, and paired with the Hzrdus just looks like a complete weapon. The confidence this inspires down on the ground is amazing.

Performance was fantastic as well. Only thing I fell down on slightly was the distance and ball speed. With my EF Sub Zero, I'm averaging 244 carry off the tee and with the SZ this went down to 212. There are a couple of mitigating factors though;

Last night was after a long and stressful day at work, so I was pretty exhausted and probably not swinging as fast as I could along with the fact that I had already hit 120 balls and I'm not the fittest of chaps :LOL:
I've gone Tour Length, so the shaft is shorter and this will take a little bit of getting used to.
Range balls - say no more.

As I've said on a number of posts, I am totally confident that these numbers will go up considerably once I get into a groove with it and build up the confidence.

The dispersion and accuracy however was absolutely out of this world. This was a driver that just wants to go straight down the middle, no matter what sort of swing I put on it. My big miss is usually a slice (or power fade as it's called in the industry ;)) and even with a true slicers swing this ended up either straight or with just a small baby cut. I've never hit a driver that has been so consistent and easy to hit. Even if the distance doesn't go up, I'm still taking the SZ purely because of the number of times I will be in the fairway as opposed to right rough or trees. I just can't wait to get this out onto the course to see some real life results - Cobra have made an absolute monster of a club here.
Glad to hear you are liking the consistency and accuracy in your early trials. I'm sure the distance will come around, that is quite a big discrepancy.

Glad to hear you are liking the consistency and accuracy in your early trials. I'm sure the distance will come around, that is quite a big discrepancy.
I have absolutely no doubt at all the distance will be there, I was exhausted at the end of the session last night so is no real surprise. I'm heading to the range again tonight, and will be warming up with wedges and then straight into the driver again to get some better numbers.

I have absolutely no doubt at all the distance will be there, I was exhausted at the end of the session last night so is no real surprise. I'm heading to the range again tonight, and will be warming up with wedges and then straight into the driver again to get some better numbers.
Good good. I went to an exective 9 course locally last night, so I got about 5 more swings with my SZ Extreme. It has not been shorter than my old driver, but around the same distance. Working through some issues with my driver swing. But even the worst of swings have been playable, it really does seem to contain the misses.

Good good. I went to an exective 9 course locally last night, so I got about 5 more swings with my SZ Extreme. It has not been shorter than my old driver, but around the same distance. Working through some issues with my driver swing. But even the worst of swings have been playable, it really does seem to contain the misses.
That's the thing that was most impressive for me. Still far too early to give any concrete views, but it is certainly very very straight and forgiving which I love. The distance will come!

Back