Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Current shaft is playing tour length at 44.5 and my shaft plays 45” so only 1/2”.

It will be interesting to see what changes if anything. I’m hitting driver pretty well actually but Want to try my shaft cause it’s awesome 😁 Plus I’m noticing with the rogue when I try to go after it bad stuff happens. I have to stay real smooth with my tempo...which maybe isn’t a bad thing but worth trying haha

I knew you are in tour length now, so I was wondering what the head weighting would do if your shaft was an inch longer. One half inch should not be too drastic of a change. Let us know what happens.

I knew you are in tour length now, so I was wondering what the head weighting would do if your shaft was an inch longer. One half inch should not be too drastic of a change. Let us know what happens.
You know I will ;)

played a quick 9 yesterday and hit 6 of 7 fairways... This driver has really impressed me in every way; forgiveness, accuracy, distance, speed.... Its great all around.

I also brought the SIM Max that I haven't hit since getting the Xtreme. with the distancing rules and playing by myself I was able to hit 2 drives per hole. SIM Max was longer on 3 out of 7 holes but 2 drives were big misses. With Xtreme I never had the huge misses. I hit both drivers really well overall. Xtreme hit 6 fairways and thats what I tracked on Arccos, SIM hit 5 with 2 awful drives

Twice I hit the Xtreme really well and followed it up with the SIM Max and thought "Man I killed that Max"..... get up to the the balls and see the SIM ball middle of the fairway a good distance out.... But 10 yards passed the SIM ball was the Xtreme, and it was plugged!

Left handed??
😭

I blame the rum.

Good news? I have an incoming 8th grader who is going to be a STUD who is a lefty. So it’ll be used as a bribe, I’m never above bribery.

I have an extreme in the black and white head with Ventus shaft coming. Excited to try it out

Had to laugh, what else are you going to do?
To be fair there were two listings side by side using the same RH pic, one was 20.00 cheaper so I reacted....didn’t read the LH statement on the picture of the RH driver :p

Ah well.

Had to laugh, what else are you going to do?
To be fair there were two listings side by side using the same RH pic, one was 20.00 cheaper so I reacted....didn’t read the LH statement on the picture of the RH driver :p

Ah well.

I'm really pissed about ebay sellers and others doing that. Stock photo of a right handed club and then it says left handed in the details....

I'm really pissed about ebay sellers and others doing that. Stock photo of a right handed club and then it says left handed in the details....
It sucks, but, it was my fault in the end. Ah well.

Today the Xtreme with a Project X Riptide is going to get a little bit of a workout.

Today the Xtreme with a Project X Riptide is going to get a little bit of a workout.
Driver 1 or Driver 2 slot?

Getting out this morning with some THPers. Will report back how things go today.

Driver 1 or Driver 2 slot?

Driver 1 for now.
It seems I go back and forth between this and the MAVRIK and both seem to give me great distance.
The MAVRIK has the best low on the face forgiveness of any driver I have tested as of late. This one has some of the best high on the face.

So I struggle with where to go, but really enjoy both offerings.

I demand pictures, wait, no I don’t because I already know how good that setup looks.

44” definitely helped sweet spot contact. Pretty cool too how the milled face shows the ball mark 15E4BC57-E156-4A1A-8DD0-EEE62ABFE646.jpegB1F606E3-B0C2-4327-B831-60AFF53DFA97.jpeg10AF5561-9AFC-4A0B-BDB3-50E272E1C511.jpeg

1130 round for me today, hopefully rain stays away. Looks like a high chance of rain through next Friday on forecast here. :cry:

Which weight Riptide? From following the review thread I am planning on trying one but trying to decide which weight. I am interested in the 50 hoping to gain some speed but not sure if that's too light.

Driver 1 for now.
It seems I go back and forth between this and the MAVRIK and both seem to give me great distance.
The MAVRIK has the best low on the face forgiveness of any driver I have tested as of late. This one has some of the best high on the face.

So I struggle with where to go, but really enjoy both offerings.

That's some good info on misses..... I typically miss higher these days and I'm loving the outcomes with my Extreme. Better than the cortex for sure haha, buttttt there are a day here and there where my old tendencies come back and I am low and heel sided. The exteme still does ok directionally, but noticeably shorter

That's some good info on misses..... I typically miss higher these days and I'm loving the outcomes with my Extreme. Better than the cortex for sure haha, buttttt there are a day here and there where my old tendencies come back and I am low and heel sided. The exteme still does ok directionally, but noticeably shorter
Low heel has been my miss lately with the SZ standard and that is the only spot on that face I have noticed a big drop off on distance. How much of a drop off are you seeing on the Extreme?

Low heel has been my miss lately with the SZ standard and that is the only spot on that face I have noticed a big drop off on distance. How much of a drop off are you seeing on the Extreme?

i don't have exact numbers and haven't hit a comparison shot to really see, but last week it happened on a hole I'm very family with and I was roughly 10-12 yards shorter than my typical hits and almost 15-20 behind my best. Which stinks, but coming from another driver its awesome as the other driver would be about the same distance loss, but super spinny and wayyyyyyyyy right

If anyone is wondering, I thoroughly tested the driver for people with terrible swings on Wednesday. If you plan to hit this driver with a glancing blow, I am not sure you will see a benefit over a Wilson persimmon driver from the pawn shop. So now that I finished that test, I plan to go back to a better swing and hit the ball with this thing the way I was doing.

The low heel for just about all drivers is going to be super player dependent, because it is always going to come with a big spin increase and significantly lower initial launch. If you are a high spin player, this one does pretty well there. Lower flight player (and so many amateurs are) most will really lose distance in that spot.

The low heel for just about all drivers is going to be super player dependent, because it is always going to come with a big spin increase and significantly lower initial launch. If you are a high spin player, this one does pretty well there. Lower flight player (and so many amateurs are) most will really lose distance in that spot.

yep haha. typically launch between 9-11* sooooo ya, i lose a bit of carry and what not. Hence why I also play an 11-12* driver

Reactions: JB
Hit 9 of 13 fairways today with the Xtreme, including my three best drives of this season (4 rounds). Hitting a nice controlled fade. I'm starting too swing it better.

Back