Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

The Xtreme is officially going in the bag. Complete stock, 9 degrees, Smoke Yellow 6.0. It is such a forgiving head. Feels great, too.

Last edited:
I had some solid drives today and only pulled one OB left with the extreme. Longest of the day was 288! This driver is just so forgiving to me. The more i hit it the more i love it!

Fvck this driver. After a really nice honeymoon, it's nothing but a two way miss for me. For the 3rd round in a row I push sliced a ball OB on 16 which I NEVER did with my old driver. All of my other clubs are money right now, but I am spraying like Peter North off the tee. I hate this club. Even worse, I mailed off my G400 Max last week, when I KNEW I shoulda hung on to it.

There will be 10.5* SZ Extreme TL going on the market REALLY soon.

I take it all back. Sometimes it's the indian, not the arrow. My iron play had been fine, my driver play had been deteriorating quickly for the last 2 weeks.

I thought the club was a bad fit. I went to a local clubfitter thinking maybe another shaft may be a better fit. That was an epic disaster. Never get fit when you don't feel good about your swing. He decided to try to fix my swing instead of fitting me to a shaft and told me all sorts of things that contradicted what I'd been working on with my instructor for a year. I should have politely just ended the session. I got so into my head at the range afterward that I couldn't hit a ball at all.

I shook the etch a sketch in my head and went back to all the notes from my previous instructor. I went back to the range and went back to the things we worked on last year when my swing was really grooved. It took a bit, but found my swing. Played yesterday and hit everything on the screws, including the SZ. Two bad drives all day...and one of them was when I should have hit a FW wood...as a driver brought trouble into play.

Put the original HZRDUS Black back in for today. Had much better results. Stabalizes the head better than the Smoke although my SW went from D8 to E2. I did hook one drive due to an extreme toe shot, and over cooked another one that found some trouble. Otherwise it was pretty darn straight with good distance.

Put the original HZRDUS Black back in for today. Had much better results. Stabalizes the head better than the Smoke although my SW went from D8 to E2. I did hook one drive due to an extreme toe shot, and over cooked another one that found some trouble. Otherwise it was pretty darn straight with good distance.

Now that's some heft.

Now that's some heft.
Not gonna lie, it's a bit of a beast. I do collect it at the top so that helps keeping the weight manageable. I need a 6g and 10g weight though, just not available in Canada currently.

Another round in today and still working to tweak the Xtreme driver.

Put hosel into Std Draw setting and still seeing my right side miss in play. Did hit 5 fairways on the day though. Distance was good, with gusty winds possibly pushing a few further right than I thought they were going.

Seeing a lower ball flight than I am used to, the more rounds I get in with it.

For those worried about the sound...it’s addicting.

With the coupon yesterday I went ahead and grabbed the SZ. I have tried the one that @MagicSpell got at the Distance Bash and was very impressed. And with @Doubleb21 and @oumagic raving about theirs I had to take advantage.

I went with the tour length Black Smoke and can’t wait for it to get here. First Cobra club ever for me!!!

Last edited:
With the coupon yesterday I went ahead and grabbed the SZ extreme. I have tried the one that @MagicSpell got at the Distance Bash and was very impressed. And with @Doubleb21 and @oumagic raving about theirs I had to take advantage.

I went with the tour length Black Smoke and can’t wait for it to get here. First Cobra club ever for me!!!
I’m excited to try the Xtreme now that I actually bought a RH head :oops:

With the coupon yesterday I went ahead and grabbed the SZ extreme. I have tried the one that @MagicSpell got at the Distance Bash and was very impressed. And with @Doubleb21 and @oumagic raving about theirs I had to take advantage.

what coupon ?

what coupon ?
Check out the deal of the day thread. There were some codes that worked for a time then went away. Not sure if there is a current active code.

Still getting acquainted with my SZ driver, today was still seeing a two way miss. As it rained all last week I’ve not been able to spend much time at the range getting it dialed in.

some stats from arcoss:

3C00592A-0CDE-4200-8182-BC47DA9CA4C0.jpeg

Not a lot of roll out there to be had so today was much shorter off the tee. Don’t feel really confident in my swing right now with the driver in my hand, but hope to get out to the range this week to tweak the weights and possibly the settings.

The sound, well it’s louder than the F9 but I personally love it. Definitely know when it’s been hit but it’s not obnoxiously loud.

Last edited:
I just ordered the Extreme driver and looking forward to getting this one in hand. I think a shaft change might have worked just fine with the standard, but the Extreme will definitely suit me better.

Shot my PB this morning and a big part of that was the extreme! I did push a couple right but they were just off the FW and totally playable. Like mentioned above the sound is awesome and when you crack one dead center you know it.

I just ordered the Extreme driver and looking forward to getting this one in hand. I think a shaft change might have worked just fine with the standard, but the Extreme will definitely suit me better.

what did you go with, loft shaft flex ?

Driver Accuracy entire life has been 42% last two rounds according to Cobra Connect

Dispersion has been 22 yards

Past two round 54%

Trending in the right direction- still haven’t swapped out the shafts yet, not sure if I will

As if having 4 drivers wasn’t enough. Put in an order today. Lol

Triple track on display.....

what did you go with, loft shaft flex ?
I went Avalanche Extreme in 9* at 45" with Ventus Black 6x shaft. Pretty excited about this shaft. Everything I have heard about it makes me believe it will be a good fit for my swing.

I went Avalanche Extreme in 9* at 45" with Ventus Black 6x shaft. Pretty excited about this shaft. Everything I have heard about it makes me believe it will be a good fit for my swing.

very nice.
I went Avalanche Xtreme 12* with Tensei AV Blue 50 Reg.
Std length for now but will likely play it at 45”.

Driver Accuracy entire life has been 42% last two rounds according to Cobra Connect

Dispersion has been 22 yards

Past two round 54%

Trending in the right direction- still haven’t swapped out the shafts yet, not sure if I will

That is solid, Alex! You are definitely trending in the right direction. Me, my handicap is stuck and trying to reverse at the moment.

very nice.
I went Avalanche Xtreme 12* with Tensei AV Blue 50 Reg.
Std length for now but will likely play it at 45”.
Awesome setup! I like ordering about 0.5" extra in case I want to tip the shaft later. I will call customer service and see if they will exchange the weight on the back to keep my swingweight in the D2-D3 range.

Back