Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Awesome setup! I like ordering about 0.5" extra in case I want to tip the shaft later. I will call customer service and see if they will exchange the weight on the back to keep my swingweight in the D2-D3 range.
My guess is won’t need any extra weight.
I have an Xtreme right now (global golf u try it program). I threw a 65g shaft in it at 44”‘and it still plays at D2. The Xtreme head I have is 199g With the stock weight. Add another 6g for the tip and it’s a pretty heavy stock setup. My guess is yours will be D3 or so at 45” with that heavier shaft (if you use a normal grip). Those with the connect grips will reduce swing weight as they weigh around 62g. About 10g heavier than a stock grip setup.

Looking forward to giving a Kinetixx Launch a go in the Xtreme and SZ hopefully in a week or so. One more go round for Cobra to make the bag.

Took the extreme out for its maiden voyage and fell in love with it. I Don’t think it’s longer then the TS3. But it is consistently longer and with the Ventus shaft I seem to be able to find the middle of the club over and over again. I was looking for a little more spin in my driver and the extreme set at 9.5 gave me the spin and launch numbers I wanted.

closer to MAVRIK, it’s definitely a crack and not at all metallic.
I disagree completely. Though I have only hit the Xtreme I don't think it sounds anything like the Mavrik

I think my G400 just realized I have an SZX on order. Had my best driving day in a while with it.
Dem clubs be hatin' on each other :ROFLMAO:

I disagree completely. Though I have only hit the Xtreme I don't think it sounds anything like the Mavrik
To be fair to JB, I’m the one that asked for a comparison between G410 and Mavrik...not that he actually meant it’s similar in sound to the Mavrik, just that it leans closer in sound to the Mav than G410.

Got in this weekend on the coupon code deal. Called Cobra today. 3 weeks out on custom orders. That’s like 1/3 of our season here in OH lol

The Gunmetal LINQ in the SZ was pretty crazy. And by that I mean the amount of spin decrease was eye opening. I’m talking that flight where it looks almost knuckleish but it’s high and just surprisingly long.

Oh, and it’ll get tried in this new toy too

DE7BC264-F210-4F3E-B91F-C920D42CBFAC.jpeg272FCC12-33C5-4417-A8A5-3E2C5BFD129F.jpeg

The Gunmetal LINQ in the SZ was pretty crazy. And by that I mean the amount of spin decrease was eye opening. I’m talking that flight where it looks almost knuckleish but it’s high and just surprisingly long.

View attachment 8946009View attachment 8946010

Really interested to see what the differences are for you on launch/spin/BS between the two on the LIN-Q.

Took the extreme out for its maiden voyage and fell in love with it. I Don’t think it’s longer then the TS3. But it is consistently longer and with the Ventus shaft I seem to be able to find the middle of the club over and over again. I was looking for a little more spin in my driver and the extreme set at 9.5 gave me the spin and launch numbers I wanted.
That's good to hear as I have the same combo inbound :)

Big shout out to Cobra as I have been gaming a SpeedZone for a couple of months now and the finish on these are magnificent. Love how the infinity face will show you where exactly you struck the ball and the durability of the head just does not Show just any scuffs or tee marks. Very well made driver.

Got in this weekend on the coupon code deal. Called Cobra today. 3 weeks out on custom orders. That’s like 1/3 of our season here in OH lol
Great, my G400 just heard you and is no longer worried about being replaced...back to hitting 3 off the tee.

Got a SZ Standard incoming. Excited to see what the buzz is all about!!!

View attachment 8946009View attachment 8946010
That’s a good combo right there... just sayin

Well, today is Xtreme Day.

Straight to the course to get some work in. Likely starting it off with the Kinetixx Launch, but the Gunmetal LINQ is lurking.

Being honest, I’m going to leave the LINQ in the SZ and hit both setups after what I saw yesterday. They’ll be the only two in the bag, this is their shot at the throne.

Well, today is Xtreme Day.

Straight to the course to get some work in. Likely starting it off with the Kinetixx Launch, but the Gunmetal LINQ is lurking.

Being honest, I’m going to leave the LINQ in the SZ and hit both setups after what I saw yesterday. They’ll be the only two in the bag, this is their shot at the throne.
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
I saw knucklers that were FILTHY long yesterday in the SZ when I put he LINQ in. Was quite unexpected and chuckle inducing.

I saw knucklers that were FILTHY long yesterday in the SZ when I put he LINQ in. Was quite unexpected and chuckle inducing.
I just saw that and your new toy. Out of curiousity what length do you typically play?

I just saw that and your new toy. Out of curiousity what length do you typically play?
I’m a 44.5-44.75 guy til I die. :p

I’m a 44.5-44.75 guy til I die. :p
Gotcha. I'm sure you are aware being the club guy you are but I only asked because I noticed your Xtreme didn't have the heavier weight in the head for Tour Length.

My right side misses with the Xtreme and the Hzrdus Yellow smoke continued for me yesterday. Currently seeing 50% of drives to the right. Have been tweaking hosel settings and added lead tape near hosel to see if that counter acted anything.

Those changes worked to an extent that it wasnt as far right and most drives were not out of bounds.

Took my old gamer out yesterday just to test it out against the Xtreme on the back 9 yesterday during my round. When I put the old gamer in play, the right side miss went away and I had a slight fading drive that was ending in mid to left side of fairway. For back 9, I hit 5 of 7 fairways. Old gamer is TM M6 and plays about an inch longer than current tour length. Going to try a shaft tweak and get my old gamers shaft adapter switched out to Cobra on the Hzrdus Black Smoke.

Disclaimer: I know I have some swing issues that are going to be worked on with some lessons, so some the issues I am having are the Indian and not the arrow.

Gotcha. I'm sure you are aware being the club guy you are but I only asked because I noticed your Xtreme didn't have the heavier weight in the head for Tour Length.
Have three extra weights already. ;)

Back