Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Full details on the latest from Cobra Golf right here on the home page.

Here we go!

:oops: WOW, they look fantastic and the tech story is even more impressive. I was a big fan of the F9 but I'm thinking I will be an even bigger fan of the SpeedZone. Also White looks good from the pictures and I'm glad Cobra went back to offering two different models

• Admin
:oops: WOW, they look fantastic and the tech story is even more impressive. I was a big fan of the F9 but I'm thinking I will be an even bigger fan of the SpeedZone. Also White looks good from the pictures and I'm glad Cobra went back to offering two different models

Hope you enjoyed my description of the colors in that article.

Loved Canadan "Not as R&D Brilliant."

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I gotta say. This driver does not disappoint in the looks department. I really like the new chassis. I really enjoyed the feel of the F9 and almost bought one. The only turn off was that the shape "seemed to me" to promote a closed look at address. I wonder how this will sit. They had the sound/feel right on the F9, and would expect that this is no different.

On a side note, I see they have an updated version of the 110 MSI Rogue.

I'm going to lead into this with a surprisingly pessimistic perspective on one of my favorite drivers of 2019 by saying that I felt like the way they incorporated the CNC Milled face into F9 was leaving something to be desired from both a visual and contact perspective.

In Speedzone, they answered that massively. You now have a cup face that is rolled around the edges to eliminate that 'potential-point-of-contact' location and create massive confidence -- Not to mention less worry about damage on sky balls, AND from what I saw, crazy good aero.

It's in my opinion one of a number of elements that separates Speedzone from anyone else on the market.

Hope you enjoyed my description of the colors in that article.

Haha the white is approved by Jose this year so I wont feel bad about it if it ends up in my bag.

I'm in - love what I am seeing!

That infinity face looks amazing! I love my F9 and I didn't think I'd be looking at a driver in 2020.
Cobra really had to go and make something even faster and with a cooler tech story!! DANG IT!

I am SOOO anxious to hit this. January 17 seems like a long ways away.

Second to the face tech has to be the carbon wrap. We're talking about massive weight gains (within the realm of weight gains) and creating potential for discretionary weighting to be geared heavily towards performance.

How many times have you seen that kind of execution with a head that still looks fantastic? I'd argue it's at the leading edge.

I'm going to lead into this with a surprisingly pessimistic perspective on one of my favorite drivers of 2019 by saying that I felt like the way they incorporated the CNC Milled face into F9 was leaving something to be desired from both a visual and contact perspective.

In Speedzone, they answered that massively. You now have a cup face that is rolled around the edges to eliminate that 'potential-point-of-contact' location and create massive confidence -- Not to mention less worry about damage on sky balls, AND from what I saw, crazy good aero.

It's in my opinion one of a number of elements that separates Speedzone from anyone else on the market.

Only demoed the F9 in store. Was there an issue with mishits on the seam of the CNC insert and the outside of the face? I know it visually made the face appear small. But, at address, you couldn't tell anyways.

Impressive to say the least. Really interesting tech in a great looking package. Cobra is really setting the bar with this release.

The tech story is great, and it looks really good. And the Black Helium finally comes out for the rest of us!

Only demoed the F9 in store. Was there an issue with mishits on the seam of the CNC insert and the outside of the face? I know it visually made the face appear small. But, at address, you couldn't tell anyways.
I didn't spend much time in those areas, but I have to think there would be. Any time you create a seam that needs to be connected, you're opening the door to reduced potential for ball speed. That said, Range Days didn't see much variation although I don't know that we ever got out to those areas.

The reality is, just like the drivers without cup face, at some point, that potential for big numbers goes down. In this case, you'd basically have to hit it on the weight port to get that reduction, I'm guessing. It's increased potential (from my armchair pondering).

Considering TO is like.. all kinds of crazy smart, I'll take that 'not as' like it's a compliment hahahaha
As you should! Great work on this.

Back