Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I am pretty close to @OITW. . I tend to see my best shots where the carry and total are around 15 -16 degrees and ~2500-2600 rpm of spin.

Same here !!

i think there are some universals for too low and too high. i would say below 1,800 is borderline too low for almost everyone. and above 4,000 would be too high for almost everyone.

i had a chance to watch a tour pro get fit a few years ago by that oem’s tour rep. the rep wanted to see 2,700 spin. i think a lot of internet golfers would accuse that of too high, but that was deemed perfect by the rep for this player’s swing profile.
I started a thread on it one time, what is high spin to you? Some of the answers were mind blowing. Anything in the 2k’s is not nor will it ever be high spin, but internet gonna internet.

i think there are some universals for too low and too high. i would say below 1,800 is borderline too low for almost everyone. and above 4,000 would be too high for almost everyone.

i had a chance to watch a tour pro get fit a few years ago by that oem’s tour rep. the rep wanted to see 2,700 spin. i think a lot of internet golfers would accuse that of too high, but that was deemed perfect by the rep for this player’s swing profile.
Having never been fit or on a launch monitor I dont know where I'm at currently, and where I need to go to get to my ideal combination. Now will probably be the best time to get it figured out I'd say!

Having never been fit or on a launch monitor I dont know where I'm at currently, and where I need to go to get to my ideal combination. Now will probably be the best time to get it figured out I'd say!

it’s a great time. a lot of the nicer places like club champion will be putting their fitting fees on discount. getting on a launch monitor is both fun and humbling.

Wardy coming through with the great feedback and solid numbers there. These, so far, are the drivers coming out next year that have my attention. #teamboring all the way. They look fantastic, from Wardy's thoughts they appear to sound fantastic, and they perform fantastically. That's all the boxes ticked that I need.

Looking forward to 1/3/20. I may lose my mind and preorder one of these beasts.

Looking forward to 1/3/20. I may lose my mind and preorder one of these beasts.
Yeah, I’m going to TRY to wait for #RangeDays...but....

The more I read about this driver the more I really want to try one out. The F9 had me intrigued, this one just has me flat in flat lust. I would love to test this against the results I am getting from the TS3 right now, if this could squezze more performance out of me that would be awesome.

I started a thread on it one time, what is high spin to you? Some of the answers were mind blowing. Anything in the 2k’s is not nor will it ever be high spin, but internet gonna internet.

Spin is your friend to a certain amount. It stabilizes your ball flight and creates accuracy. I want my driver spin around 2300-2400 that seems to be the sweet spot for optimizing distance and accuracy for me. I get more distance with lower spin but the ball gets squirrel'y. For many even that is too low. Most rec golfers should probably be in the 2700-3000 range or their ball is just falling out of the sky.

Today was the first day I got too test drive the Speedzone & Speedzone Extreme. For full disclosure I’m a 10 handicap, low launch, low spin type player with an average swing speed of 99 mph. So take my results for what it’s worth. Below is a quick synopsis of my results:

Speedzone 9* with Tensei Shaft: This driver didn’t work for me because it just spun too low. Spin average was 1824 after 10 shots. Maybe the lowest spinning driver I ever tried.

Speedzone Extreme 9* with Smoke Shaft: Definitely more forgiving for me. After 10 strikes I averaged 2248 spin rate with deadly accuracy. Will definitely pull the trigger in late January to see if it can knock my beloved Ping 410 plus out of the bag.

Attachments

• 8BB566CF-E3A4-41E7-B469-9FE4994DEE0D.jpeg
    8BB566CF-E3A4-41E7-B469-9FE4994DEE0D.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 41768B12-E080-41CE-BE0C-59D16AAF38A0.jpeg
    41768B12-E080-41CE-BE0C-59D16AAF38A0.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 1BEA314A-C8A9-46E8-AA85-7771E357296E.jpeg
    1BEA314A-C8A9-46E8-AA85-7771E357296E.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
  • B1058DBC-A7DC-4109-BBD2-5E8B578423F3.jpeg
    B1058DBC-A7DC-4109-BBD2-5E8B578423F3.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 22
  • A8DAE2A8-CC21-42F0-A523-614BFADD1069.jpeg
    A8DAE2A8-CC21-42F0-A523-614BFADD1069.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 22
Today was the first day I got too test drive the Speedzone & Speedzone Extreme. For full disclosure I’m a 10 handicap, low launch, low spin type player with an average swing speed of 99 mph. So take my results for what it’s worth. Below is a quick synopsis of my results:

Speedzone 9* with Tensei Shaft: This driver didn’t work for me because it just spun too low. Spin average was 1824 after 10 shots. Maybe the lowest spinning driver I ever tried.

Speedzone Extreme 9* with Smoke Shaft: Definitely more forgiving for me. After 10 strikes I averaged 2248 spin rate with deadly accuracy. Will definitely pull the trigger in late January to see if it can knock my beloved Ping 410 plus out of the bag.

Did you try the 10.5 head in both of these drivers? If you're lower launch might be worth a try too.

Did you try the 10.5 head in both of these drivers? If you're lower launch might be worth a try too.

I was going to ask the same question. Did you try the 10.5 or 12* heads ?

no sense in trying to fight knuckleballs and snap hooks with sub 2k spin.

With the two guys above - I fit the same low spin profile almost dead on - the F9 10.5° lofted plus 1° has been fantastic

I would try the 10.5° head in both - also those shafts for me did not work, need more launch/spin

(I’m going 10.5° in Speedzone and 12° in Extreme regardless)

I got there 20 minutes before closing so I didn't get a chance to adjust or put it through the full testing. I'll post my results with the 10.5 later this week since that's my usual loft on my gamer. That said I'm quite confident it will be the extreme for me when its all said and done.

I have the hardest time not associating SZ with sub zero.

I want to hit these so badly though. Such a good looking driver to me.

The 10.5 SZ is calling my name! I am probably going to spend extra for a shaft that suits me better than the ones that are coming stock.

Got $350 in gift cards ready to go. Hoping HZRDUS black or at least Smoke in 70g is available no cost..

Pre-order on these begins tomorrow. Don’t be late!

Going to be hitting these later this month. Still leaning towards an Xtreme.

I saw Rickie is now using the Extreme version of this driver.

Interesting... Of course, his is probably so full of hot melt that it changes the spin characteristics.

Doing this for a friend, not for me, ha ha, I pulled up the SpeedZone clubs on the Cobra website and even though pre-orders are supposed to be available today, the ability to order has not been engaged yet. Hmmmm...

I plan on getting fit but I really kind of want this to be the case for me.

Back