Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Shows minor gains. But still gains. I have seen very similar things. The one thing that will make the speedzone a bit more difficult for some is a bit of fade bias. When you put the club down is want to slide open. I love that. Others that tend to fight a fade may not.

You fit people and I don’t, so you must see more people swing the various heads than I. However, I think the general consensus was the the F9 9* head had fade bias to it as well. One of the great things about the Cobra product, though is the adapter allows for a draw setting and it does not cause the head to look extremely closed, as some of the adapters do when in the draw setting.

You fit people and I don’t, so you must see more people swing the various heads than I. However, I think the general consensus was the the F9 9* head had fade bias to it as well. One of the great things about the Cobra product, though is the adapter allows for a draw setting and it does not cause the head to look extremely closed, as some of the adapters do when in the draw setting.

You are correct. It did. That was probably the only issue people had with the F9. It seems a bit more pronounced in the speedzone. Or maybe it is the same and there are other factors involved. But those that fight a fade are hanging this up quickly and moving on. Which is fine. Not every driver is for every golfer.

You are correct. It did. That was probably the only issue people had with the F9. It seems a bit more pronounced in the speedzone. Or maybe it is the same and there are other factors involved. But those that fight a fade are hanging this up quickly and moving on. Which is fine. Not every driver is for every golfer.
I know a lot did not like the fade bias of the F9 and for that reason wouldn't play it. Cobra claimed last year with the weight in the back it would be draw biased but I don't see that in the description this year. I was unfortunately not able to play the weight in the back with the F9, hoping it will be possible in the SZ. Does the extreme face seem similar to you?

Have you tried putting it in the draw setting for those who are “hanging this up quickly?”

I know a lot did not like the fade bias of the F9 and for that reason wouldn't play it. Cobra claimed last year with the weight in the back it would be draw biased but I don't see that in the description this year. I was unfortunately not able to play the weight in the back with the F9, hoping it will be possible in the SZ. Does the extreme face seem similar to you?

Having hit both, there is no doubt in my mind that the Xtreme is more draw biased than the standard SZ head.

Now this is scaring me. I definitely fight a fade off the tee. I've learned to quiet it somewhat with my Ping G400 SFT but I can still send it right. I'm hoping the Speedzone with the right shaft from @DannyLe will allow me to play this driver...

Now this is scaring me. I definitely fight a fade off the tee. I've learned to quiet it somewhat with my Ping G400 SFT but I can still send it right. I'm hoping the Speedzone with the right shaft from @DannyLe will allow me to play this driver...

Listen, just go try it. It is a great driver. There are draw settings that should help facilitate some change there. Don't let others fitting affect yours. Just go try and see for yourself. Many that see a fade with this are going to see a fade with the most anti slice driver out there.

As @tahoebum mentioned. Try the extreme as well. It is very good.

Having hit both, there is no doubt in my mind that the Xtreme is more draw biased than the standard SZ head.

I find it to be a very good driver. I believe the face is still square. Just much higher MOI.

If it is good enough for Rickie... Right?

I'm set to demo this on the 15th locally and then get the proper fitting a week later at the Distance Bash!

I have mentioned it a few times now today, but will state it again. If people are fighting fades or leaving it right with the standard SpeedZone, They owe it to themselves to put the driver in the draw setting before giving up on it. It really does make a difference.

I have mentioned it a few times now today, but will state it again. If people are fighting fades or leaving it right with the standard SpeedZone, They owe it to themselves to put the driver in the draw setting before giving up on it. It really does make a difference.

I am the opposite. My fight/miss is taking my baby draw and turning it into a baby elephant draw. I have my EF SZ set in bias fade setting and my shot shape still is a baby draw. Interested to see if this head truly is fade biased.

I am the opposite. My fight/miss is taking my baby draw and turning it into a baby elephant draw. I have my EF SZ set in bias fade setting and my shot shape still is a baby draw. Interested to see if this head truly is fade biased.

That will be interesting, because most people would say that the Epic Flash Sub Zero is fade biased, as well.

Yep, everyone is different and I can’t wait to try this out. On my Callaway, I kept fighting a big draw on 10.5 loft and neutral. I didn’t want to go down in loft because my launch angle on 10.5 was borderline low. I went to a fitting and he took me to 9.5 loft and my launch went up and the drives straightened out with a new shaft.

I am excited to get fit in the extreme or standard of this one and will just go with what the fitter finds best.

This is 100% correct. Solved the problem for me.

I just saw a guy pick up 11.4 yards of carry with the XTreme head vs his current M6 at a fitting. That was pretty darn wild.

I just saw a guy pick up 11.4 yards of carry with the XTreme head vs his current M6 at a fitting. That was pretty darn wild.

Was the new shaft profile quite different?

Was the new shaft profile quite different?

And to add to that, 11.4 yards on average I am assuming. What was the dispersion from lowest to highest distance delta between the two?

Was the USGA watching? :oops:

That'll be an exact comparison that I will be seeing on Saturday when I finally get to hit some Cobra clubs. (y)

So had some mixed results today. Stock shaft wise none of the offerings are typically something I fit in to . Smoke yellow felt awful and smoke black i already know is a bad fit for me. PGA store only had a 10.5 head available in the Xtreme so I lofted down to 9*.

SZ 9* w/smoke yellow 6.5 60g
SZ 9* w/ Rogue Silver 110 60x
Xtreme 10.5 (down to 9*) w/ Rogue 60x

If I had to pick right now I’m going with Xtreme in a 9*. Xtreme had the most consistent flight and was so much easier to hit. Bad strikes stayed on line with less curve. The head is so much more stable at impact than standard SZ. Next time testing I’ll move the weights in the SZ and compare results again

I’m gonna demo both Speedzone’s as much as possible until it’s time to pick for Morgan Cup, but I strongly feel the Xtreme is the sleeper pick of the 2

793b45c1e1539dc6f31a65e3814cc08d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So had some mixed results today. Stock shaft wise none of the offerings are typically something I fit in to . Smoke yellow felt awful and smoke black i already know is a bad fit for me. PGA store only had a 10.5 head available in the Xtreme so I lofted down to 9*.

SZ 9* w/smoke yellow 6.5 60g
SZ 9* w/ Rogue Silver 110 60x
Xtreme 10.5 (down to 9*) w/ Rogue 60x

If I had to pick right now I’m going with Xtreme in a 9*. Xtreme had the most consistent flight and was so much easier to hit. Bad strikes stayed on line with less curve. The head is so much more stable at impact than standard SZ. Next time testing I’ll move the weights in the SZ and compare results again

I’m gonna demo both Speedzone’s as much as possible until it’s time to pick for Morgan Cup, but I strongly feel the Xtreme is the sleeper pick of the 2

793b45c1e1539dc6f31a65e3814cc08d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the M5 is the clear winner though.

Looks like the M5 is the clear winner though.
To be fair my m5 is custom fit and I have a year of familiarity... but yea it’s not close. I think shafts play a huge role in the numbers too

To be fair my m5 is custom fit and I have a year of familiarity... but yea it’s not close. I think shafts play a huge role in the numbers too

Custom fit and its that close and more launch already.
I think you are going to be surprised how much you get out of the XTREME with even more forgiveness.

Back