Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

If I were in the Morgan Cup, I would definitely consider going Tour Length, given how well it has worked for so many.

Interesting take, I’m a big fan of the yellow this year after going Avalanche last year. Great to read that you’re seeing less glare with the glossy head too

Same. I'm digging the yellow this time around.

I think I'm going Tour Length.

Just not feeling driver this year for some reason. Want shorter and heavier. Change up the way it plays.

I feel the same way. Hammer time.

I think I'm going Tour Length.

Just not feeling driver this year for some reason. Want shorter and heavier. Change up the way it plays.

Mine is definitely that. Tour length, extra head weight. I am guessing somewhere in the D9 swing weight. Total deadweight at 347 grams. Its 16g heavier than my EF SZ with a 45.5" shaft.

If I were in the Morgan Cup, I would definitely consider going Tour Length, given how well it has worked for so many.
I second this! And #TeamYellow

So I have three rounds with my new extreme and my first round was a decent driving day with a 42% fairway found. The number is a little low, but my Mrs. we’re not very far off. I probably only had one maybe two drives that legitimately went off the map. So I have three rounds with my new extreme and my first round was a decent driving day with a 42% fairway found. The number is a little low, but my Mrs. we’re not very far off. I probably only had one maybe two drives that legitimately went off the map.

In the last two rounds at my home course which is very tight, have been 50 and 57%. And my distances are right around where I should be if not a slight bit longer on my good hits, but like people have said previously the tow hits are saving me a ton. The one thing I’ve noticed is that my toe tape hits are flying off the face pretty straight with a slight draw and still just carrying in the last two rounds at my home course which is very tight, have been 50 and 57%. And my distances are right around where I should be if not a slight bit longer on my good hits, but like people have said previously the toe hits are saving me a ton. The one thing I’ve noticed is that my toe type hits are flying off the face pretty straight with a slight draw and still just carrying in the air. That may have to do with the fact that I have a 12° head that I’ve think I’ve lofted down to about 11. So I think that increase in loft on the toe hits is keeping my spin in a good range.

Cannot wait to change out the shaft to what I’ve been playing for the past month which is the attas 11. I currently have a helium in it now.

Oh and I went with a matte head. I do like the look of it, but I’m semi-missing the glossy finish of my cortex driver and wonder if I should’ve gone with the yellow instead ha ha. Plus because of the infinity face, the matte head really shows off the junction/lip of where they put the face on the head. Not super annoying but definitely noticeable at times and can somewhat make the driver come off as cheap-ish looking in my opinion.

I’m hoping to be cleared this afternoon to start getting after it again, because this one has been waiting a LONG time for me to give it a run.

I’m hoping to be cleared this afternoon to start getting after it again, because this one has been waiting a LONG time for me to give it a run.

You’ve been down for a bit, now. Hope you get the green light!

Best of luck James! I know that has been frustrating but hopefully you get the green light today!

Planning to give the SpeedZone Xtreme a crack at my local course today. New driver on familiar course. I'll report back later.

Was able to go and hit the Speedzone and Extreme again today just to make sure of my previous fitting. They didn't have tour length to try so that is the only thing I don't know about. Speedzone 10.5 with Aldila rogue. Numbers below from GC Quad.

5C39C3A6-A3FF-46F9-98CA-1E406F25809E.jpeg

Was able to go and hit the Speedzone and Extreme again today just to make sure of my previous fitting. They didn't have tour length to try so that is the only thing I don't know about. Speedzone 10.5 with Aldila rogue. Numbers below from GC Quad.

View attachment 8929449

Damn good numbers there. Especially like the spin and launch angle.

View attachment 8929449
Those are great numbers!! How was the dispersion??

I’ve hit every OEM driver over the last 2 months before I was picked for the Morgan Cup. I’m so glad I was bc I would never have even tried the Speedzone Xtreme..... and that would have been a huge mistake!!!!

Over the last month of hitting SZ vs Xtreme, the Xtreme may be the best driver I’ve ever hit. I’ve been set on Xtreme the last 2 weeks and tonight confirmed it after finally finding a 9* head.

Easily the most controllable driver and most consistent speed I’ve seen

89bb3d479971d10c4fc69127d3d7eb2b.jpg
cdc23549e9e6c22400c0f2b2d6f80677.jpg
2550e45bd2515c78cb7c4784c9a20bdc.jpg
9b0a8462d32fcd27aee562c142ea05e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice numbers on those swings! Absolutely love the shot shape as well.

Nice low spin for you. I wonder How many in the MC will go with the Xtreme. It is a gem.

I hope mine shows up tomorrow..

Nice low spin for you. I wonder How many in the MC will go with the Xtreme. It is a gem.
I think it’s gonna be half and half ... the tour length Xtreme is a huge sleeper this year!!

@jfrigo1003 great numbers and tremendous ball speed ?

Back