Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Hit the range today for the first time since quarantine. I have a few rounds under the belt now and wanted to see if my custom THCE shaft would be better or worse in the Xtreme.

I hit 7 shots with the TL Rogue first then switched. First thing I noticed, it felt loooong. Like really long it was strange. I played it at 45" last year I thought and Tour Length is 44.5" so I didn't think it would be that noticeable but it was. (Edit: Measured the TL shaft when I got home and its measuring 43 1/8" from tip to butt and mine is at 44") guess that explains a little better why my shaft felt so long!

Unfortunately I don't get spin numbers but the results were interesting, not sure if the ball speed and distance is coming from the longer length or better contact. I have enough rounds under the belt with Tour Length now that I'm going to game my shaft for the next several rounds. I've also installed an Arccos screw in sensor in the shaft so I can have some on course data. Should be fun :cool:

Rogue Tour Length
7B286E51-43CE-41D5-9FBD-CB2F01BA52DE.jpeg

Custom THCE shaft 45”
0A65D920-CA8B-43AE-BF70-987202028A8D.jpeg

Last edited:
My SZ with Tensei AV 65 arrived yesterday. The face does have an interesting design and look to it. I can see where it would be forgiving on off hits due to the crown wrap design on all edges.

I cut 1" off the Tensei shaft so it will play at my 44.5 area. After I cut the 1" off I put an MCC +4 grip on it. I hate those stock Cobra grips for sensors. I checked the swing weight which is good for me at around D0 and and let it rest for a few hours so the grip would dry.

I only hit a small number of hits with it in my practice net late yesterday and the results were very good. I was swinging around 98-100 and hitting nice and solid with good launch and distance. Shaft feels very nice for me. Balls off the face had a good feel to them and I like the sound too.

The Tensei AV 65 shaft might be a winner for my setup. I plan to pop the Tensei in my F9 to see how it performs and to determine if it is more shaft, club head, or a combo of both. Excited to get to play this driver and see how it performs on the course.

I will probably play today just to give it a whirl.

My right side misses with the Xtreme and the Hzrdus Yellow smoke continued for me yesterday. Currently seeing 50% of drives to the right. Have been tweaking hosel settings and added lead tape near hosel to see if that counter acted anything.

Those changes worked to an extent that it wasnt as far right and most drives were not out of bounds.

Took my old gamer out yesterday just to test it out against the Xtreme on the back 9 yesterday during my round. When I put the old gamer in play, the right side miss went away and I had a slight fading drive that was ending in mid to left side of fairway. For back 9, I hit 5 of 7 fairways. Old gamer is TM M6 and plays about an inch longer than current tour length. Going to try a shaft tweak and get my old gamers shaft adapter switched out to Cobra on the Hzrdus Black Smoke.

Disclaimer: I know I have some swing issues that are going to be worked on with some lessons, so some the issues I am having are the Indian and not the arrow.

I think we have some things in common.
My swing is a work in progress at this time.
I have the Xtreme with the Helium 5 Black. I’m playing it at 10.5 Draw. I hit a fade with this setup. Like you, my usual miss is right. A bad push. Starts right and continues right. But for me, the Xtreme has eliminated the bad miss right. Two rounds ago, I hit 9 of 13 fairways and of the 4 missed fairways (all right), 3 were in the right rough and very playable. Last night, in a 9 hole round, I hit 3 of 6 fairways and my three misses, all right,were all playable. On my misses. I’m losing distance but they are not that far off line. It’s a miss right, I can live with as I continue to work on my swing.

I really need to try this dang driver....

Looks like I might be able to sneak out for a bit with the Xtreme today. Here’s to hoping! If not, Monday it’ll be.

Hit the range today for the first time since quarantine. I have a few rounds under the belt now and wanted to see if my custom THCE shaft would be better or worse in the Xtreme.

I hit 7 shots with the TL Rogue first then switched. First thing I noticed, it felt loooong. Like really long it was strange. I played it at 45" last year I thought and Tour Length is 44.5" so I didn't think it would be that noticeable but it was. (Edit: Measured the TL shaft when I got home and its measuring 43 1/8" from tip to butt and mine is at 44") guess that explains a little better why my shaft felt so long!

Unfortunately I don't get spin numbers but the results were interesting, not sure if the ball speed and distance is coming from the longer length or better contact. I have enough rounds under the belt with Tour Length now that I'm going to game my shaft for the next several rounds. I've also installed an Arccos screw in sensor in the shaft so I can have some on course data. Should be fun :cool:

Rogue Tour Length
View attachment 8946199

Custom THCE shaft 45”
View attachment 8946200

Unless the fairways hit change drastically, your THCE shaft looks like a better set up for sure.

Unless the fairways hit change drastically, your THCE shaft looks like a better set up for sure.
It will be interesting. I noticed a more consistent launch angle with the Rogue where my shaft was launching lower and man did 45" feel long haha but I don't think I bring myself to cut it anymore. Assuming I get to play today (weather) I'll report back.

It will be interesting. I noticed a more consistent launch angle with the Rogue where my shaft was launching lower and man did 45" feel long haha but I don't think I bring myself to cut it anymore. Assuming I get to play today (weather) I'll report back.
I went back to my 45" shaft today myself and hit 12/14 fairways. I was hitting everything low and off the bottom with the TL shaft. I also lofted my 9° head up to 10.5°, put the heavy weight back so that may have helped as well. You're right, you wouldn't think that 1" makes a difference in looks but now the 45" shaft looks like a telephone pole.

This upcoming week I plan to get back to the range where I can test the SX and SZX heads with my gamer shafts. Unfortunately they have had reduced hours until recently so this is my first opportunity to try these again. Looking forward to seeing what they are capable of!

9964D3C4-6B39-49D6-93A6-1DD137BCA886.jpeg

Well, I hit my SZ with the Tensei Blue AV 65 today on 9 at a muni. I did not hit the range first so the first hole was warm up mostly. I hit under the ball twice (go figure), but after that I started getting it together. There is no doubt this SZ will get them out there.

I hit a few right, but got control of that and was hitting some super nice drives. Of course since I only played 9, it had limited use. I am excited to get this setup out tomorrow when we play 18 with the league game.

I wanted to look at the distances of the drives but there was an error with my Garmin connecting today. First time that has ever happened with my Garmin, so I really am not sure of the distances.

The sound on the SZ is....not what I anticipated. :unsure:

Damn, don’t like the sound of that.
Oh, it’s not bad. Not like Flash SZ or Flash last year, imo, but it’s also just not as F9 as I think I wish it was. Flight was good though, hit it all day, 9 with Kinetixx and 9 with LINQ Gunmetal

Oh, it’s not bad. Not like Flash SZ or Flash last year, imo, but it’s also just not as F9 as I think I wish it was. Flight was good though, hit it all day, 9 with Kinetixx and 9 with LINQ Gunmetal
Hoping to hear your comparison between SZ and SZX.

Eh, the sound is...not my favorite.
Been saying that for weeks. I loved the F9 sound...not as big of fan of the SZ sound but if it hits bombs I can deal with it haha

Played 9 tonight with the longer THCE shaft. Man after playing Tour Length it felt like a telephone pole haha. My misses were....bad. Really bad swipes waaay to the right. I think it was just an adjustment to the length and different swing weight.

When I connected the flight was higher than I expected. I don’t think too much spin though but I’m considering going back to 9* and the Draw setting since with the longer shaft all my misses were right.

Have a scramble in the morning which means lots of drivers so will be a pretty good test hopefully. If the Morgan Cup was tomorrow and I had to pick one shaft to game I think I’d go back to tour length.

Time to go play tomorrow. Gotta let the SZ/Lin-Q purple run free. Especially on a short course with some 280-300 yrd par 4's. I am either going to shoot 95 or play awfully good.

Eh, the sound is...not my favorite.
No more honest feedback, please :cool:

It is crazy how I liked the sound, messed with weights and loved the sound, and messed with the weights some more and am to dislike now. I don’t hate it, but it has gone from “damn, that sounds good” to “meh”

But I have some weights ordered and think I will get back to like/love the sound.

Thonk tha thonk thonk thonk

I think we have some things in common.
My swing is a work in progress at this time.
I have the Xtreme with the Helium 5 Black. I’m playing it at 10.5 Draw. I hit a fade with this setup. Like you, my usual miss is right. A bad push. Starts right and continues right. But for me, the Xtreme has eliminated the bad miss right. Two rounds ago, I hit 9 of 13 fairways and of the 4 missed fairways (all right), 3 were in the right rough and very playable. Last night, in a 9 hole round, I hit 3 of 6 fairways and my three misses, all right,were all playable. On my misses. I’m losing distance but they are not that far off line. It’s a miss right, I can live with as I continue to work on my swing.
Does sound like we have some similarities with our miss. Misses right fortunately for me have also been playable, but need to figure it out and make more fairways.

Dropped my prior gamers HZRDUS Smoke Black off at golf shop today to get Cobra adapter put on. Will see what kind of performance I see with that change. (y)

Back