Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

So far, I really feel that center ( even high and low strikes ) are money and my bomb location is middle of face, slightly tow side. Heel strikes are where I seem to lose the most distance and extreme tow strikes are where I lose the most accuracy. Anyone feel the same?

Can Confirm. Toe side is more forgiving for sure. I seem to miss toe side more than anything so far this year and as long as its not too far out the gear effect isn't even that noticeable. There are times I thought I hit the center only to look down and see it slightly toe and high.

Had a chance to workout the new Speedzone Xtreme driver.
I ordered it with a 12* with Tensei Blue 55g R shaft. Also brought along 2 other shafts:
Project X Even Flow Green 55 5.5 (normal gamer shaft) and a Graphite Design YS-Five Nano Reloaded.
All 3 play at between 45 and 45.25" / D2.5-D3 swing weight.
All 3 shafts play within 3g of each other and are listed as mid/high launch, mid spin type shafts.
I camped out on the final hole and hit 9 drives with each shaft setup and 9 drives with my gamer driver (Epic Flash 12* with Even Flow Green shaft).
Slower swinger..usually around 90mph

Results were as follows...
Counting 8 out of 9 drives with each (had a poor swing/mishit with each shaft):
SZ X with GD Nano averaged 223; 6/9 fairways
Flash with EF Green averaged 218; 7/9 fairways
SZ X with EF Green averaged 216; 4/9 fairways
SZ X with Tensei Blue averaged 209; 4/6 fairways

If I take the top 5 drives of the 9 shots:
SZ X with GD Nano averaged 230
Flash with EF Green averaged 225
SZ X with EF Green averaged 221
SZ X with Tensei Blue averaged 215

Longest drive with each:
SZ X with GD Nano averaged 237
Flash with EF Green averaged 231
SZ X with EF Green averaged 229
SZ X with Tensei Blue averaged 224

The Tensei Blue and EF Green I had a 2 way miss going. I blocked 2 drives big time with the GD Nano shaft but changed the hosel setting and then hit 6 straight fairways. Of the 3 shafts in the Xtreme it worked the best for me.

Overall I really like how the Xtreme sets up for me at address. Very confidence inspiring; now it's more about dialing in the GD Nano shaft and seeing which hosel setting works the best for me. The Flash as always did very well hitting 7/9 but the Xtreme shows it has the potential to beat it out once dialed in.

Can Confirm. Toe side is more forgiving for sure. I seem to miss toe side more than anything so far this year and as long as its not too far out the gear effect isn't even that noticeable. There are times I thought I hit the center only to look down and see it slightly toe and high.

Exactly same thoughts. I've hit some shots that had great launch and just seemed to hang in the air forever, just a bit of a push off the face but no really turn on the shot. Looked down to see a pretty hefty toe strike.

So far, I really feel that center ( even high and low strikes ) are money and my bomb location is middle of face, slightly tow side. Heel strikes are where I seem to lose the most distance and extreme tow strikes are where I lose the most accuracy. Anyone feel the same?

That is a lot of work keeping those stats - thanks for sharing. I have been missing heel side this year with a pretty inside out path and both the standard and the Xtreme seem to suffer with a heel side miss. I haven't been on a monitor, but it just seems to hit a high spin fade that loses about 30 yards or so compared to a square strike. I need more time with the Xtreme to see if it is as bad, but based on initial range time, it is similar.

However, square strikes are missiles and feel so good!

Playing tour length the regular helium is the best shaft i tried in the sz

tried my oly proto and and a hzrdus

i do have hotmelt in there though

might try a stiff helium in there but need to butt trim it half an inch

i’ve hit some great shots with the helium- highest launching shaft and it’s not close

Woah now...real world confirmation. Seemed like every hole was into the wind. Tracked some shots and can't wait to see how it does without a 15 in your face. Even with the wind I was further than before on every hole. Even the miss I had was way further, haha. So much further in fact it turned out playable on the next fairway.

Kinda excited again

Last edited:
Rewatching some highlights from the Charles Schwab. Bryson is out of the LTD Pro and in a SZ.

Still loving this driver. The SZX combines manageable spin (not too high or low) and great forgiveness.

Rewatching some highlights from the Charles Schwab. Bryson is out of the LTD Pro and in a SZ.

Still loving this driver. The SZX combines manageable spin (not too high or low) and great forgiveness.
Yes and he has the LA Golf Trono shaft in 60 TX flex. He moved on from the 70g version. Good to see the SZ in play out there - and leading the field in distance.

Yes and he has the LA Golf Trono shaft in 60 TX flex. He moved on from the 70g version. Good to see the SZ in play out there - and leading the field in distance.
Glad this was spotted... I thought it was the f9 but couldn't get a good still frame image

You guys should follow the tournament threads or us on social haha. The shaft is tweaked I am told, hence the reason it is listed as BAD Proto.

Playing tour length the regular helium is the best shaft i tried in the sz

tried my oly proto and and a hzrdus

i do have hotmelt in there though

might try a stiff helium in there but need to butt trim it half an inch

i’ve hit some great shots with the helium- highest launching shaft and it’s not close
You have hotmelt? I don't recall seeing that, maybe I missed it. Where did you have it put and did it change the sound?

Got in 16 holes last night. Continue to love the feel and results of my Extreme when I am swinging properly. Got off to just a horrible start, OB right, then OB left, then right into the trees with my first 3 drives. Pitiful swings, standing up and not hitting through the ball. Turned it around from there with 7 solid swings. Had one hole downwind where Arccos distance came in at 292. Had another in a crosswind that landed in the rough at 270. Seemed to be dead into the wind for the other drives but was really pleased to see them ending up 245-255. If I am getting that kind of distance, I will be just fine. The more aggressive and fast I get with the swing, the more impressed I become with this club/shaft combo. Never seems out of control and is starting to really launch for me. Doesn't seem spinny when I launch it high like drivers in the past have for me, it just gets up there and wants to go.

Next up, 6 rounds at Pinehurst starting on Saturday. Can't wait to see what kind of results I get.

Had a chance to play 9 again this morning and also brought along the Speedzone Xtreme with Graphite Design YS-5 Nano Reloaded shaft since it won my shaft shootout yesterday.

On the final hole, I hit (3) balls in each of the hosel settings on the adapter tip.
All drives ended up in play with no OB or penal drives. Hit 18-24 Fairways with the SZ X.

My avg distance with each hosel setting.

RankAvg YardageHosel Setting
230​
-1.0* D​
226​
STD D​
226​
+1.0* D​
224​
+1.0*​
221​
STD​
216​
+1.5*​
Benchmark (Gamer Driver - Epic Flash)
215​
+2/D​
203​
-1.5*​
203​
-1.0*​

The +1.0 D setting produced the longest single drive at 236 but the ball flight was a sweeping push draw. Definitely -1.0 D and STD D had the best ball flights for me (high gentle draws) so I will probably land on either of those two settings.

I hit every fairway in the STD D, +1.0, +1.0 D and +1.5* settings.
As a benchmark I added the avg distance with my gamer (Epic Flash) when hitting it today.

One other tidbit I noticed in the numbers. If I average all the shots in the "D" settings I get an avg distance of 227. If I average all the shots in the "non-D" settings I average 213. I know for me I have always liked the way the driver sits using the "D" setting on the Epic Flash as I feel it makes the head sit more upright without really closing the face. I feel the same with the Xtreme as well and it seems to help my results as well.

So speed zone replace the f9 and the extreme is low spin I’ve read and read and still can’t make out the difference thanks

So speed zone replace the f9 and the extreme is low spin I’ve read and read and still can’t make out the difference thanks
Yes the SZ replaces the F9. Not sure what you mean by the extreme is low spin, but of the 2, the non extreme SZ is supposed to be the lower spinning of the 2 while the extreme is supposed to be more forgiving. Haven’t had a chance to see for myself yet as far as actual spin on the extreme as I just received mine yesterday and haven’t had a chance to hit it.

Yes the SZ replaces the F9. Not sure what you mean by the extreme is low spin, but of the 2, the non extreme SZ is supposed to be the lower spinning of the 2 while the extreme is supposed to be more forgiving. Haven’t had a chance to see for myself yet as far as actual spin on the extreme as I just received mine yesterday and haven’t had a chance to hit it.

Yes, this is correct. I have both now and from what I have heard and observed the Xtreme is more forgiving and not that much higher in spin. And can be just as low in spin for some players (though the standard SZ has more weight configurations that can probably get even lower if needed). I would equate the Xtreme to the Ping Max type driver that is aimed at max forgiveness while keeping spin VERY manageable.

I haven't had a chance to hit the standard SZ head yet this year but I would say the Xtreme is higher spin than the standard version but not crazy high. The standard version has two weights to adjust spin and ball flight where the Xtreme only has one weight in the back. The standard head is also a slightly different shape than the Xtreme as well.

Haven't had the chance to play lately due to some back issues, but went out to the range this evening to get some swings in and test things out. Back held up ok, and was able to hit a few with the driver. When I let my swing get away from me, this thing goes right, but if I just put a nice smooth what feels like 50% swing to me on it the ball goes and goes. Distances were what I'd expect them to be on my LM and ball flight was changing between a nice straight ball to a slight fade. All in all a pretty good range session and even better no back pain. Hope to get out tomorrow or Friday for a round.

Was excited to get out again this morning to see if the new settings were still working or just a honeymoon period but sadly the Scottish weather meant the course was closed for the first half of the morning. Will aim to get out to the range tonight for a play, looking forward to this just getting better and better.

Hit A LOT of driver today. Much much better for me than last time out. I seem to have found something with a ball change and putting the driver back to 9* with my THCE shaft. Still had a couple wayward shots but overall a solid day with the Xtreme. Also it looks pretty slick

AC66D20B-2CE3-4224-A544-8F0D74F9B7F2.jpeg
E7104CB9-1D6F-49B2-8611-E34723424198.png

Hit A LOT of driver today. Much much better for me than last time out. I seem to have found something with a ball change and putting the driver back to 9* with my THCE shaft. Still had a couple wayward shots but overall a solid day with the Xtreme. Also it looks pretty slick

View attachment 8949631
View attachment 8949632
Great looking combo. What kind of misses are you seeing?

One thing I have yet to do (as I normally don't) is move the heavy weight back instead of forward.

For those who have, what are your thoughts? What changes are you seeing?
I have a higher flight with weight back and it plays straighter and I am at 8 degrees in draw setting. I might be able to play heavy weight forward, but I would need to try it at 9 degrees or maybe higher.

I am playing it with 10g in front and 18g in back

Back