Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Ive never despised Cobra but I have always been the biggest TaylorMade fan. I have played practically every driver and fairway they release every year... even this year I already had a sim Max driver and sim 3w

once I hit the Xtreme I was 100% sold on it being the driver for me this year. on course it’s been the most accurate and controllable driver I’ve ever played. What has been the most surprising is the ball speed I’ve gotten from it and spin staying pretty low
I know I mentioned it previously but if you were a fan of TaylorMade clubs previously it makes sense that one would be a fan of Cobra clubs now. Their head of industrial design left and went to Callaway. Their head of R&D left and went to Cobra. Their product design manager left and went to Cobra. Iron designer is at Titleist .

Lots of changes in golf, so barring someone just being in love with a logo, it would make sense.

I know I mentioned it previously but if you were a fan of TaylorMade clubs previously it makes sense that one would be a fan of Cobra clubs now. Their head of industrial design left and went to Callaway. Their head of R&D left and went to Cobra. Their product design manager left and went to Cobra. Iron designer is at Titleist .

Lots of changes in golf, so barring someone just being in love with a logo, it would make sense.
And Jose came from TaylorMade so that’s why i like cobra now too!

Why such strong feelings about Cobra?
No need to derail this thread, but I've had major customer service issues with them in the past. Swore I'd never spend another penny on their stuff and have so far kept my word.

People under estimate a ball change off the tee so much. Low compression reduces spin and minor misses can become more playable.
Having played a few different balls this season and actually paying attention to the flight and stats (thanks Cobra Connect) I have been noticing the differences and most of them seem to be tee related though with one in particular I've seem some iron distances jump as well.
But wouldn’t the ChomeSoft X be higher spin than the Bridgestone B X?
That was my thought too, felt harder but its funny the people I was playing with immediately commented on the sound being different as well...in a good way. Like you said I probably had the driver grooved yesterday but it was fun to watch myself. One of those days you think to yourself...why can't I do this every time? Haha

Having played a few different balls this season and actually paying attention to the flight and stats (thanks Cobra Connect) I have been noticing the differences and most of them seem to be tee related though with one in particular I've seem some iron distances jump as well.

That was my thought too, felt harder but its funny the people I was playing with immediately commented on the sound being different as well...in a good way. Like you said I probably had the driver grooved yesterday but it was fun to watch myself. One of those days you think to yourself...why can't I do this every time? Haha
Because the golf gods smite us. :p

You’ve clearly found something, run with it, and those Arccos numbers will have me hitting second shots first a LOT when we finally get a round in! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Because the golf gods smite us. :p

You’ve clearly found something, run with it, and those Arccos numbers will have me hitting second shots first a LOT when we finally get a round in! 🔥🔥🔥🔥
They do don't they! Haha I doubt that very much. 90 degrees, a bunch of humidity and very hard fairways played a role as well but this game giveth and taketh away. The rest of my game was a dumpster fire yesterday. If only it would ever all come together at once :D

Ive never despised Cobra but I have always been the biggest TaylorMade fan. I have played practically every driver and fairway they release every year... even this year I already had a sim Max driver and sim 3w

once I hit the Xtreme I was 100% sold on it being the driver for me this year. on course it’s been the most accurate and controllable driver I’ve ever played. What has been the most surprising is the ball speed I’ve gotten from it and spin staying pretty low
Finding something that works is what it's all about.

I think Cobra is doing a lot of good here. I love the option for a properly weighted "Tour Length" driver, and 2 (now 3) color options is great.

They do don't they! Haha I doubt that very much. 90 degrees, a bunch of humidity and very hard fairways played a role as well but this game giveth and taketh away. The rest of my game was a dumpster fire yesterday. If only it would ever all come together at once :D
Hahaha, ah yes, those fleeting days where we feel like we actually aren’t terrible at this game! I live for those! :ROFLMAO:

Finding something that works is what it's all about.

I think Cobra is doing a lot of good here. I love the option for a properly weighted "Tour Length" driver, and 2 (now 3) color options is great.
And I want to add that being $100-$150 CAD cheaper than the other options on the market doesn't hurt either.

First round out with my extreme today in a mini outing. My setup is 10.5 with stock tensor av blue in stiff tour length. I can definitely say the head is very forgiving, the problem was I was spraying the ball all over the place and overall distance was slightly shorter than my G400 with tour 65(which I swap out for the stock alta cb when my swing is feeling weak or off). But honestly, I didn’t find it considerably more forgiving than my G400 the first go around. Gotta give it some more workouts this and next week to determine whether I keep it or not.

Huge, huge fan of how the Speedzone plays with the Rogue silver in it. Really glad I swapped it in for today's round, and saw some excellent flight and shape.

Still battling the fade a bit - thinking this thing has a bit of a bias and wondering if throwing a tiny bit of weight on the heel side can settle that down... or just, you know, learn to play that shot shape hahahaha

Huge, huge fan of how the Speedzone plays with the Rogue silver in it. Really glad I swapped it in for today's round, and saw some excellent flight and shape.

Still battling the fade a bit - thinking this thing has a bit of a bias and wondering if throwing a tiny bit of weight on the heel side can settle that down... or just, you know, learn to play that shot shape hahahaha
The fade bias is noticeable regardless of the weight configuration.

It's a plus if you can live with hitting a power fade or straight push, both down the middle of the fairway and totally eliminating the hook and left side of the fairway.

BTW you can still hit a draw, it just requires closing the face shut and aiming to the right. :drinks:

The fade bias is noticeable regardless of the weight configuration.

It's a plus if you can live with hitting a power fade or straight push, both down the middle of the fairway and totally eliminating the hook and left side of the fairway.

BTW you can still hit a draw, it just requires closing the face shut and aiming to the right. :drinks:
Yeah, I tried to do that a bit and just hit pulls. I think I'm at my best with a 10 yard fade off the line, it's just not the shape I'm used to watching!

May be something about a change of scenery, but I had a much better day with driver today in Oklahoma playing with my #TeamParadise teammate @MarMill8412.

While I have been working on correcting a slight right side miss, I was hitting some to the left with a nice fade right back into middle of fairway today. Even a few perfectly straight ones which I hadn't seen too often. Improvement is certainly progressing.

May be something about a change of scenery, but I had a much better day with driver today in Oklahoma playing with my #TeamParadise teammate @MarMill8412.

While I have been working on correcting a slight right side miss, I was hitting some to the left with a nice fade right back into middle of fairway today. Even a few perfectly straight ones which I hadn't seen too often. Improvement is certainly progressing.
It was a pleasure playing today. SZ was going a little right today. More the swing than anything. Did have one or two good ones!

I only hit the driver 4 times today and was hitting straight pulls. That was something new and I need to work that out. But this driver is really good for me when I put a halfway decent swing on it
EDE963A0-3B31-4FE0-895A-EB6471D13761.png

Yeah, I tried to do that a bit and just hit pulls. I think I'm at my best with a 10 yard fade off the line, it's just not the shape I'm used to watching!
M2. As Mr Lee Trevino said "You can talk to a Fade....:drinks:"

I played my G400 LST built up with a hzrdus black. Needless to say it was quite different from my SZX with Tensei Orange.

Overall the SZX just keeps the ball in play so well. I had so many toe snap hooks with the G400 LST that i thought a few of these would just be a slight overdraw with the SZX.

It really makes me wonder why I wouldnt just play the most forgiving driver I can always?

Finally got to play around with the SZX settings and have settled in on 8* draw setting. Was seeing a lot of drives in my perfect window and quite a few tight draws. Will get in the course this week with it and get an idea of spin and distances. Overall I’m much happier with the Xtreme so far.

Was finally able to get out today and while it wasn't the best driving round of the year, I was able to figure somethings out that helped straighten my drive's out a bit. Looking forward to getting out a couple times this week to see if it sticks. Few screen shots of the good below....

Took the Xtreme 9* w/ Ventus Black to the range to see how it compares to the Speedzone lofted to 10* w/ Ventus Blue

when struck pure the Speedzone was a much more penetrating flight which I liked to see. But on mishits you could see the spin climb up. Overall the Xtreme was more consistent and easier to control.

the Xtreme plays at 45” and SZ is at 45.5”. I’m hoping to get an x flex in the Ventus Blue before trimming anything, otherwise I’m gonna tip trim the blue and play at 45 also

CE87C3F4-E7C5-443A-B816-E422D0A1053F.png3E2DF73A-38F1-4615-BCE2-36CBE806C682.png9F38E880-B3FB-48B9-835B-090A30D09A66.png11C63491-041A-4EDC-9D0C-88F9A6585D15.png

Back