Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I feel like I have found something with the Speedzone driver my last round out. I was really able to hit some solid drives that put me in good positions to score. With the proper swing it is very forgiving. The tour length has shown no decrease in distance for me. The shaft pairing of Aldila rogue has worked well too. I am excited to see how it performs in Vegas.

I've had the same experience. As long as I keep giving it a good swing, the performance is high. Very forgiving as long as you are close to path/alignment. When I have a bad swing day, I will say I feel like the club is more punishing. Its almost like there is alimit to its forgiveness and over that limit it because more punishing beyond that limit.

Small sample sizes, but the shaft change from Tensei Blue to Helium looks sound.

Tensei Blue:
1601996382117.png

Helium (just a few yards from that Center number being ~60%):
1601996531746.png

Bonus: if I need a low slice out from under the trees, the Speedzone off the deck performs out of the rough, too. :oops:

I have been pondering this club since it came out. The Infinity Face has been calling my name, and I finally have one on the way. So excited to try out the Xtreme!

I've been gaming an F6+ the last few years, and thought it was time for an upgrade to something newer and more forgiving. I had some of my longest drives ever this year, but the last few rounds, I just miss too often and have been losing a lot of balls. The F6 really came to life when I plugged in the HZRDUS Smoke yellow, so I have that and a Smoke Green to try out in the Xtreme. I need the added forgiveness, because golf is more fun when in hitting from the fairway and not taking penalties.

Here's to some fun, more consistent golf with the Speedzone!
You are gonna love it. Some have mentioned the sound is a bit louder, but I didn't notice that compared to my older equipment.

I got to say I absolutely love the Infinity Face :love:. Really speaks to the inner nerd :geek:
Absolutely agree here. Infinity face is fantastic!!

I really want to customize, if that's even possible 🤷‍♂️

I'd really like this:

speedzone-driver-tech-infinity-face-min.png

I've had the same experience. As long as I keep giving it a good swing, the performance is high. Very forgiving as long as you are close to path/alignment. When I have a bad swing day, I will say I feel like the club is more punishing. Its almost like there is alimit to its forgiveness and over that limit it because more punishing beyond that limit.
My experience as well 👊

I struggle with good swings at times. Still learning and getting the good swings ingrained in muscle memory. But my regiular playing partner keeps me in check most of the time and tells me when the bad ones creep in. My forgiveness when I have a bad swing is a right side miss, but not such a bad right side miss that it is out of bounds on my normal track. I do sometimes have a few that are really right, but that is absolutely indian and not arrow there. :ROFLMAO:

After a good range session initially with the Atmos Blue (thanks @BigDill), I've returned to the shaft I ordered, the Helium Black 5F4. I felt like I was fighting the Atmos shaft. With the Helium back in, I need to remember not to over do it in the transition from backswing to downswing. Just let it happen. I'm encouraged.

The head of the club feels great at impact. It really helps you on those that you don't quite square up. And, it looks amazing!

Not that any of us care about that, right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The Atmos Blue TS was not my favorite shaft either, TBH. I felt like it was a lot of work to get it to load. I have been much happier with the LIN-Q Gunmetal I have in the bag now, which has the opposite feel for me.

I haven't been too vocal about my new Speedzone Xtreme since returning from the Distance Bash in Feb. The main reason has been that my whole game abandoned me (even before I arrived for the Bash). I didn't want to unfairly represent the excellent capabilities of the Speedzone, especially paired with the Linq Gunmetal 6F4 shaft I was fit into. After returning I played the new driver in tandem with the old (comfort zone) during several rounds. I let other local THPers try out the new big gun. Everyone was blown away (as they should be, ha ha) and were able to make it sing. To be honest, the better they could hit it the worse it made me feel sometimes.

In any event I kept at it knowing the equipment wasn't the issue - it was me. I finally opted to embark on something I had been considering for several years. Yes, I started taking lessons. We've worked on many things over the last 6 weeks but I specifically wanted to focus a couple of lessons on the driver. At first, my instructor found I was so much more comfortable with the "old" driver (due to familiarity I would expect). He even had me consider just keeping it in the bag as it was still a decent club. I persevered though, and told him it wasn't the club. Well, last week we had a breakthrough. We were able to pinpoint several things in my setup and major tension which were causing me to remain inconsistent.

I'm still learning but this past weekend was my first attempt to play after that lesson (and a couple of range sessions). The prognosis is looking up! I was able to find 7 out of 13 fairways with the Speedzone. Only two of the misses were "unplayable" (and only one led to a lost ball). What's better is my confidence with this amazing piece of equipment is growing. I am so much more comfortable on the tee. That comfort and confidence is unbelievable to my game.

I know I'll still hit some bad shots, but now it will be the exception not the norm. For that I'm grateful to this whole journey and expect to provide more details about this club and shaft to all that are interested.
It's been a while since I made the quoted post back in April. I thought it might be time for an update on my driver...
First and foremost, the Speedzone/Linq combination is still in my bag and performing better than I could have imagined. I haven't swung my old driver (Ping G400) in over 6 months (so I guess I should try to sell it lol). This driver is easily the best driver I've ever gamed for distance and accuracy. My last round fairways hit was roughly 70% which is very good for me. Overall accuracy over the last 10 rounds is 55%.
I've continued to take a lesson (once a week) but to be honest I haven't hit my driver during a lesson for probably over a month. And when I did my instructor didn't have any major adjustments for me. With that said, however, I have played with other THPers who know my game and this driver and their feedback has also helped immensely. Primarily to just get rid of the tension prior to my swing and let the club "go" and do it's thing. It never ceases to amaze me how well that works and the results continue to impress me. I've been able to build the confidence I spoke about in my post above to a point now where I'm not wondering if I can carry a distance or will I be in play and that has probably improved my tee game dramatically as well.

Bottom line this driver is a performer. Anyone that hasn't hit it and evaluated it for their game is missing out.

Lots of Speedzone drivers will be in play this weekend at #themorgancup! This driver has been so money for me since February.

Anyone who has been on the fence may want to check out what our friends at Budget Golf got going on right now. At those prices this driver is a phenomenal value.

Just got my Xtreme in today! Seriously Xcited to give this a go!!

Xtreme has performed pretty well I’m desert golf so far. So interesting hearing the different sounds of everyone’s driver too even though they are the same driver.

Xtreme has performed pretty well I’m desert golf so far. So interesting hearing the different sounds of everyone’s driver too even though they are the same driver.
Driver did it’s job today. I was off - not terribly - but this driver kept me alive at times when I did not deserve it.

The weights really change the sound a lot. Dropping down from the 14g weight to 10g weight in my SpeedZone Xtreme and I noticed a slightly more tingy sound.

I expect the Speed Zone with the weight forward would be higher pitched than weight back.

Well, my SZ Xtreme came today so I'll be selling my SZ. Had tour length, went with 1/2" short this time and HZRDUS smoke black which I was fit into with the f8. Hopefully eek out a few extra yards and some more fairways.

Haven't had the chance to play lately because of some issues at work, but I did manage to get out to the range today. My driver swing was way off today, but I did see quite a few very nice balls coming off the infinity face. I'm still fighting the rights when I try to give it all she's got, but when I lay off a bit and try to control things a bit more it straightens it out.

Watching DeChambeau bomb this driver and diving deeper into the Morgan Cup thread at almost 3am (teething baby) is really tempting me to make it 5 consecutive Cobra drivers.

I love my F9. I love my F9. I love my F9.

Last edited:
I fit another of my kiddos into a SpeedZone this past week, and man, for the current price plus how Cobra takes care of HS golfers, it’s one hell of a setup for him. Excited to see him take it to the course.

I fit another of my kiddos into a SpeedZone this past week, and man, for the current price plus how Cobra takes care of HS golfers, it’s one hell of a setup for him. Excited to see him take it to the course.
Glad to see you out there still helping those young men! And yes, just got myself a Speedzone driver, and it is an absolute deal right now!!

I have been more that satisfied with my switch to the SZ Xtreme from my F9. I was hesitant as I was really getting along great with my F9 but its seamless and actually better. I feel the SZ Xtreame is MORE forgiving on mishits than the F9 was. And im getting more distance on good strikes than my F9. Another thing I didnt think I would like was the look of the crown at address over the F9. But the SZ Extrame avalanche is better here also for me.

Im tellin ya, I was all in with my F9 and the SZ Xtreme took it a step further in almost every aspect of what I look and need out of a driver.

I've now had about 25 rounds on my SZ Pars & Strips and in total love. I've changed from the stock Ventus Blue Velocore to the Tensi AV Blue and not looking back at all. I'm hitting more fairways than I have in years as well as getting a bit more distance. Not to mention the confidence boost in the box. I never thought that hitting driver off the tee would be something that I would consider a weapon in the small group that I play with.

Seen some dudes ripping this thing all weekend at The Morgan Cup.

my SZ Pars & Strips

I got to see this one first hand about 3 weeks ago and man.....I really liked it. I would consider changing from my Avalanche.

Seen some dudes ripping this thing all weekend at The Morgan Cup.

Talking about yourself in the 3rd person again? 😂;)
#Bomber

The accuracy and forgiveness that the Xtreme head offers for me is outstanding where it was for the first 4 months of the season, that is a great question.

Back