Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Next fall round I might bring my own blower to the course. Need to clean the leaves almost continuously off the greens, plus I could sweep a larger area that my feet and an iron so while searching for the shots :ROFLMAO:

I switched from my preferred yellow ball back to a white one for my last few rounds. I was having difficulty keeping track of the yellow ball because of the conditions. I played my last 23 holes this season with the same ball . Not bad as I play on a tree lined course in the Northeast and leaves are big issue. But the Xtreme helped. The course did a great job keeping leaves off the fairways and the Xtreme did a great job keeping the ball in or near the fairway.

Over the last few rounds I have come to test the forgiveness and ball speed of the extreme toe miss with my SZ. I have hit some that were way out there, but still found the fairway with only about 10 to 15 yards of distance loss. It case to mind because on one tee shot, my playing partner said “great shot” after I hit it, but I knew it was off the toe and was pushing to the right side of the fairway when I wanted to be in a more aggressive line to the left. I showed him the ball mark on the face and he was surprised.

I have continued to lower my average score and handicap over the last few months, and this driver is a big reason why.

mine arrives tomorrow! I'm excited. An extra 1 or 2 fairways hit and a bit longer distance on my mis-hits will help my game more then an extra 15 yards on my best stroke. it has taken me a long time to see this and actually learned the lesson from my iron play where I can sometimes see toe or heel strikes that turn out marginal but keeps me in play

mine arrives tomorrow! I'm excited. An extra 1 or 2 fairways hit and a bit longer distance on my mis-hits will help my game more then an extra 15 yards on my best stroke. it has taken me a long time to see this and actually learned the lesson from my iron play where I can sometimes see toe or heel strikes that turn out marginal but keeps me in play

I played all of last season with the Xtreme. Admittedly, I have an OTT issue and have historically had difficulty hitting a driver. The Xtreme was terrific as far as accuracy goes. Often times, I didn’t hit it as far as I like because of my flawed swing, but the majority of my tee shots remained in play.

one thing I appreciate more and more is the importance of the shaft fitment. I'm just hoping I made a good choice for my swing. this thread proves the driver can be long and accurate if properly shafted and with a decent motion. Unlike the Wilson and Tour Edge drivers I'm currently playing, finding shafts with the Cobra adaptor should be relatively easy if I don't like my initial choice

I generally miss towards the toe, but I did hit a couple closer to the heel yesterday. They were not wild misses on the heel, but I did notice some distance loss. I’ll take it if it’s in play though on a swing that wasn’t my best.

my tour length arrived today. Club looks incredible and screams confidence. To hold the club it feels short to me like a 3w. I measured it with my current gamer and it is the same length. The illusion of short is just that. Maybe head size.

It is 30 degrees here today but managed to get out in the driveway and make some swings after warmup with a 6i. I was way out on the toe on everything initially. Pulled another old driver from the garage and situation was gone.. Eventually I got closer to the ball then feels comfortable and I started to hit a more solid shot.

I'm assuming this is a shaft fitment situation. Has anyone else noticed this?

my tour length arrived today. Club looks incredible and screams confidence. To hold the club it feels short to me like a 3w. I measured it with my current gamer and it is the same length. The illusion of short is just that. Maybe head size.

It is 30 degrees here today but managed to get out in the driveway and make some swings after warmup with a 6i. I was way out on the toe on everything initially. Pulled another old driver from the garage and situation was gone.. Eventually I got closer to the ball then feels comfortable and I started to hit a more solid shot.

I'm assuming this is a shaft fitment situation. Has anyone else noticed this?

What do you mean by this?

I mean the shaft is flexing differently under load vs maybe the drivers I normally play. The flex and torque of a shaft have impact on the face at impact? I guess I could be setting up on the cobra to far out on the toe but certainly does not look like it at setup

I mean the shaft is flexing differently under load vs maybe the drivers I normally play. The flex and torque of a shaft have impact on the face at impact? I guess I could be setting up on the cobra to far out on the toe but certainly does not look like it at setup

Can you check SW as well? Might the be shaft if they have different properties

Can you check SW as well? Might the be shaft if they have different properties

The SW came in low and roughly D0 to D1 on my scale. I normally play a D4 on same scale. I've ordered a 19g weight that will get me to roughly D3. The SW being low is related to the sensor in the grip. That grip is approx 58g as best I can tell vs a stock 50g grip.

The SW came in low and roughly D0 to D1 on my scale. I normally play a D4 on same scale. I've ordered a 19g weight that will get me to roughly D3. The SW being low is related to the sensor in the grip. That grip is approx 58g as best I can tell vs a stock 50g grip.

I'm no expert, but that may be the culprit.

When I change drivers every year, I try to match up SW first then try other things.

I'm no expert, but that may be the culprit.

When I change drivers every year, I try to match up SW first then try other things.

Same here. The Driver and FW wood will typically be the lightest SW's in my bag but all of mine are D4 to D5. My irons play roughy D8. not sure how I got to this heavy a SW but somehow I did and I just helps me stay a little slower.

Same here. The Driver and FW wood will typically be the lightest SW's in my bag but all of mine are D4 to D5. My irons play roughy D8. not sure how I got to this heavy a SW but somehow I did and I just helps me stay a little slower.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

warmed up today and I got to the range. Hitting irons and hybrids above average and high. Hitting drivers low and with hook spin. I was consistent across three drivers so it was my swing not shafts.

My conclusions about the extreme

1- just gives me confidence at setup. Looks huge and short compared to my others. lengths are actually all about the same
2- sounds like an alum bat hitting a ball
3- The straightest driver I've hit. may or may not be the longest I own.

I was hitting everything low today and almost like top spin on the cheap old range balls. Not what I see in course of normal play so I need to see the extreme on the course. Here is what I feel though- no thoughts about putting the older drivers in the bag. Get to next summer if I'm still hitting low balls I might need a high launch shaft but the confidence this thing gives me is super.

on the course results better then I had expected. One total miss with the extreme today and still made par. for the other 13 driver swings I was either in the fairway or within 5ft of the fairway. No lost balls. Several drives just striped as good as I can hit a golf ball.

I can't determine a clear pattern other then mostly straight. Rogue silver shaft seems to be a good pairing for me with this head.

Super happy as I think the spin issue has been fixed and I'm getting drives back out there. but this thing just loves to leak right even when well struck.

in my first round, I noticed a baby fade and low flight on my best drives though I never felt I ever delivered my best swing. Then I changed the 14g weight in my Tour Length driver out for a 19g which increased my swingweight to D0 to D4 on my scale. My flight this past weekend was much higher then the prior week but my variability changed such that I don't feel I can describe and average ball flight.

The main thing I observe in 2 rounds of winter golf is that if I make a decent move on the ball I'm generally in play and with enough distance to have a chance to score. When I've hit really poor drives they are not quite as bad as I expect. The face of my club tells me I'm out on the toe relatively high most of the time.

I can't wait to play this driver in decent weather on a day when I'm closer to the sweet spot to see what she can do.

in my first round, I noticed a baby fade and low flight on my best drives though I never felt I ever delivered my best swing. Then I changed the 14g weight in my Tour Length driver out for a 19g which increased my swingweight to D0 to D4 on my scale. My flight this past weekend was much higher then the prior week but my variability changed such that I don't feel I can describe and average ball flight.

The main thing I observe in 2 rounds of winter golf is that if I make a decent move on the ball I'm generally in play and with enough distance to have a chance to score. When I've hit really poor drives they are not quite as bad as I expect. The face of my club tells me I'm out on the toe relatively high most of the time.

I can't wait to play this driver in decent weather on a day when I'm closer to the sweet spot to see what she can do.
I really had to drop the headweight to get spin down. I had been trying to increase to chase a D4 swing weight and things kept getting worse. I haven't rechecked swing weight but I'd bet im in the Cs.

Super happy as I think the spin issue has been fixed and I'm getting drives back out there. but this thing just loves to leak right even when well struck.

had a crazy thought this morning when pondering the RAD speed.
With as consistent as this moves L->R
If the RAD is easier to turn over as has been mentioned.
I might start the season with a 2 driver set up.
:unsure:

on the course results better then I had expected. One total miss with the extreme today and still made par. for the other 13 driver swings I was either in the fairway or within 5ft of the fairway. No lost balls. Several drives just striped as good as I can hit a golf ball.

I can't determine a clear pattern other then mostly straight. Rogue silver shaft seems to be a good pairing for me with this head.

Nice! Glad to see it’s working well

This serves as my 2020 recap for the Speedzone Xtreme. I was fortunate to game this driver this year thanks to THP and Cobra. I have the Xtreme Tour Length with a Helium 5 Black (R) shaft. It is the most accurate driver that I have ever played. That one sentence sums up my feelings towards this driver. Not only did I hit more fairways, but also my mishits generally remained in play.
Just got the same one.. Only could hit outside once. with good results. Plan to go indoors to get some stats. Like the shorter length though.

Just got the same one.. Only could hit outside once. with good results. Plan to go indoors to get some stats. Like the shorter length though.

have you always played the shorter length?

have you always played the shorter length?
First time. Always felt out of control with regular length . In my limited use , club seems very consistent. Since just turned 70, Im happy with 200 in the fairway.

that Cobra is the only company offering a shorter driver stock was one reason I bought the Cobra. I've had a portable monitor on the range this summer and I don't swing faster with a 45.5 inch shaft. somehow I am able to put a better move on the shorter shaft.

First time. Always felt out of control with regular length . In my limited use , club seems very consistent. Since just turned 70, Im happy with 200 in the fairway.

Happy belated! Glad it’s working for you

Back