Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

Speedzone 3, 5 and 7
5C1211F6-E544-48A6-A5F7-366692BD91E1.jpeg

I was able to play yesterday for the first time with some new clubs. I didn’t get a ton of swings with the Big Tour 3W and my OL 3h/4h. I did get enough to know that the Big Tour 3W off the tee is going to be a great second option. I have it set to 12.5 degrees in the draw setting and hit 3 perfectly straight tee shots and one baby fade that trickled into the water. If anything, I was hitting it too far compared to my normal 3W off the tee. My old 3W smart distance is 224 yards, but that includes shots off the deck. Below is the Arccos for the Big Tour from yesterday
DC8C71F0-C6B1-41DF-A5A7-C753285AC890.png
The One Length hybrids I admittedly struggled with. Only hit a few shots, but I think I was over swinging with them. It is easy to forget that you need a 7 iron swing when you pull out a short hybrid. It felt like I needed to swing harder to get it to go. That said, I did hit one good 3 hybrid off the tee when I said to swing it like a 7i and it went farther than I expected (I used it to lay up in front of trap and would have gotten to it if I hit it a few yards left):
0DD90180-BDE4-4665-8FD5-5A7E3A98C109.png

I can't wait to hear how you like the 7 wood. I smoked my F9 7-wood on the course today..

I’m hopeful that I’m going to really like the 7 wood. I have had success in the past with a Heavenwood and a 7 wood.

Put the Fairways in play this past Saturday. 21* with UST Helium Black 5F5 and 24* with UST Helium Black 5F4

Conditions: Cold High 40s with slight wind - light rain/drizzle for the last 13 holes.

Course: First time playing this course, 6,400 yards from the blue tees - plenty of elevation change, wide forgiving fairways and fairly large greens with plenty of break and slope.

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

Hit the 21* twice during the round. Once off the tee and the other time off the deck.

Averaged 215 for total distance 220 off the tee and 210 off the deck.

I couldn't hit the tee shot much better - nice mid height draw spin ball was nicely in the fairway.

Off the deck - well struck shot, drew it a bit much and got an unlucky bounce, was still close proximity to the green.

The off the deck shot was a bit low, need to try and generate more launch especially from the deck, having/trying to hold greens.

I struggled with the 24* Fairway - all me and my swing, was way too quick with a lot of the transitions - averaged 100 yards with this club - hit it 5x.

Same great fairway woods performance I'm used to in a higher lofted fairway (21*) looking forward to getting dialed in some more.

Potential changes to the setup:

Leave as is for the next round. 21* is locked in 24* needs more time.

Was able to hit the 5wood a couple of times today. Definitely a rock star. Straight and long. Turned down to 17 degrees puts me in the 235-240 carry range which is right where I want it to be.

My brain is flying right now with this tour fairway.

I thought for sure that the 2019 offering was as good as it gets, but two swings into the Speedzone tour head and I'm totally over last years model hahaha! Holy wow!

Sounds excellent, goes like crazy, launch is right where I want it with some bounce on semi firm'ish fairways, and even when i miss the middle I'm having fairway level success. UGH I WANT TO HIT IT MORE.

My brain is flying right now with this tour fairway.

I thought for sure that the 2019 offering was as good as it gets, but two swings into the Speedzone tour head and I'm totally over last years model hahaha! Holy wow!

Sounds excellent, goes like crazy, launch is right where I want it with some bounce on semi firm'ish fairways, and even when i miss the middle I'm having fairway level success. UGH I WANT TO HIT IT MORE.
That sounds absolutely amazing! I absolutely love my 5w as well, the few times I've been able to hit it the results have been unreal - and the 3w off the tee is just a plain fairway finder. Want to get out and hit these more now!

Picked me up an F9 3 and 5 wood and they are on the way. Now I will add them to my F9 driver and hoping for the best. With FWs you never know, but the fact that I am killing my F9 driver certainly has me hoping the fairways will prove out for me. I simply cannot get along with my Callaway FWs and I am not one to blame clubs since it is really the one holding them. I just like to match my stuff out nicely.

Man, this tour three wood is just... stupid.

My driver swing is hot trash right now (WAYYY too long), and it caused me to switch to this off the tee on the 12th. I proceeded to absolutely blast balls for the rest of the round - And even when i missed, aggressively might I add, on the toe, it was still a very solid shot down the right side.

If someone told me to use the bag I had right now, and drop a club for my next round, it'd be driver in a heartbeat - purely because of how much I love this club. Hopefully it's not a honeymoon phase. The sound is outstanding, the shape is notably improved, and wow.

Also, I hit one off of a rough (propped) lie on a par 5 and it was HAMMERED. My buddy who was watching was about as impressed as I've ever heard him on a shot of mine. Beautiful flight.

/gush fest

The Speedzone Tour fairway???

It's absolutely effing bonkers.
I have one in the bag now and it’s really easy to hit. My current issue is that I am leaking it right a good bit, but for a club marketed to the lower cap player, and me being the opposite, it’s really easy to launch.

What shaft do you have in it? I’m playing the Smoke Yellow, but I want to plug a LIN-Q Gunmetal in it.

I have one in the bag now and it’s really easy to hit. My current issue is that I am leaking it right a good bit, but for a club marketed to the lower cap player, and me being the opposite, it’s really easy to launch.

What shaft do you have in it? I’m playing the Smoke Yellow, but I want to plug a LIN-Q Gunmetal in it.
Smoke Green. I wasn't really sure what to expect with it, but I've been very impressed. With already having a non-smoke yellow with a Cobra fairway tip, I really wanted to branch out.

I bet the LinQ gunmetal would be nutty.

Smoke Green. I wasn't really sure what to expect with it, but I've been very impressed. With already having a non-smoke yellow with a Cobra fairway tip, I really wanted to branch out.

I bet the LinQ gunmetal would be nutty.
I’m definitely going to try to make it happen. And I’m going to convince @Tevenor to get a purple in his.

I am impressed with anyone who can make an Atmos shaft work.

If they are water, I am oil.

Don't get me wrong. I can't wait it switch it for a purple. But until I get my hands on an 8F5, this will have to do. Swing weight is way light on this.

I am impressed with anyone who can make an Atmos shaft work.

If they are water, I am oil.
I was in the same boat, but with a much worse swing. I wanted to get the Blue TS to work in my F9 but man was it way too stiff in all the wrong spots. I’m sure it’s awesome for sure people, but that people wasn’t me.

Back