Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

I was in the same boat, but with a much worse swing. I wanted to get the Blue TS to work in my F9 but man was it way too stiff in all the wrong spots. I’m sure it’s awesome for sure people, but that people wasn’t me.
Oh man, and that lineup looked SOOOOO good too.

What else is in the stable?

Cobra 3H at 19 degs. Currently has 780 F5 SmacWrap but replacing that with Recoil Proto Utility F5 shaft. Already have the shaft . Need to get it cut and assembled.

Cobra 3H at 19 degs. Currently has 780 F5 SmacWrap but replacing that with Recoil Proto Utility F5 shaft. Already have the shaft . Need to get it cut and assembled.
No, I meant shafts.
Wait, does everyone not have 30 shafts laying around?
That's not a thing?

No, I meant shafts.
That's not a thing?

Lol. No, that is not a thing. We aren't all like you and @Jman . :LOL:

Only other shaft I have is an Oban Isawa Red w/ a Callaway tip driver length.

Lol. No, that is not a thing. We aren't all like you and @Jman . :LOL:

Only other shaft I have is an Oban Isawa Red w/ a Callaway tip driver length.
Man, you need to step up your game.

1 - Buy two staff bags
2 - fill them with things.
3 - get notably worse as the years go on

Man, you need to step up your game.

1 - Buy two staff bags
2 - fill them with things.
3 - get notably worse as the years go on

Oh man that would not go over well. My wife already thinks I am obsessed. If random bags and shafts just started showing up, she'd freak. :D

Oh man that would not go over well. My wife already thinks I am obsessed. If random bags and shafts just started showing up, she'd freak. :D
Want me to send a pic of what your collection does NOT look like? You'll have lots of flex after that.

Want me to send a pic of what your collection does NOT look like? You'll have lots of flex after that.

Then i can use the ole "but honey, at least I am not like Canadan!" explanation. :giggle:

No, I meant shafts.
That's not a thing?
Ha I certainly went a little shaft crazy this winter

Yes! It's pretty fun, minus the lunacy of it all.
I think I have at least settled on my setup. Kuro Kage Red for Big Tour/3w/5w. Bullpen has HZRDUS Red, EF Red, and Smoke for when I'm nostalgic. Plus some driver shafts that have been more or less retired lol

Oh yeah and I finally ordered the Big Tour. Once my Vans opens back up, just need some shafts tipped and gripped and ready to roll.

I think I have at least settled on my setup. Kuro Kage Red for Big Tour/3w/5w. Bullpen has HZRDUS Red, EF Red, and Smoke for when I'm nostalgic. Plus some driver shafts that have been more or less retired lol

Oh yeah and I finally ordered the Big Tour. Once my Vans opens back up, just need some shafts tipped and gripped and ready to roll.
Love it! What a fun head.

Love it! What a fun head.
I'm excited for it. Last time out, piped my 3 longest drives in months with the F9 3w @ 13*. Adding BT @ 12 will get my 3w/5w back where they belong, and it will really be cooking.

Not only am I extremely jealous of all the talk in here while I sit and stare at a bag full of Cobra goodness, @Canadan you are making me rethink my choice of the Big Tour without even hitting it yet haha

Not only am I extremely jealous of all the talk in here while I sit and stare at a bag full of Cobra goodness, @Canadan you are making me rethink my choice of the Big Tour without even hitting it yet haha
That's what I like to hear. Insert confusion.

@jdtox
I think the big tour still makes a lot of sense.

The tour in my mind makes more sense if you want to shape the ball more. If you just want to hit high bombs, the big tour makes sense.

I think parable is:
GI: SZ
Players Distance: Big Tour
Players: Tour

I liked the f9 tour in the 5 wood last year to hit high fades to attack par 5s or turn the ball over to setup on dog legs. But in the 3 wood I dont want as much ability to shape the ball since it will go farther offline.

@jdtox You are not alone in your sitting and staring at a beautiful new set of magical Cobra clubs. That’s an everyday occurrence for me. I sit and I stare and I dream of splitting fairways with my Xtreme and hitting greens with high and straight launches off the T Rails.

Was able to play 18 today and played from the blues to get some hits in on the 5w and 19 deg hybrid. Love them both.

The hybrid hits damn straight for me. About 225 ish or so. Very very easy to get in the air. Definitely a keeper on top of my 4i.

The 5 wood is a rocket. I have it turned down to 17 degrees to make it more of a 4 wood. I was only able to hit it on 2 holes ( short par 4 tee shot and 2nd shot on par 5 18th ) but man does the ball jump off the face. Hit a shot 240 uphill into the wind on par 5 18th with a slight draw and landed it front left of the green. Its a little draw biased with this Atmos 7X black shaft so that will have to get swapped I think once I get more time with it.

I think they are both keepers in my bag.

Man, this tour three wood is just... stupid.

My driver swing is hot trash right now (WAYYY too long), and it caused me to switch to this off the tee on the 12th. I proceeded to absolutely blast balls for the rest of the round - And even when i missed, aggressively might I add, on the toe, it was still a very solid shot down the right side.

If someone told me to use the bag I had right now, and drop a club for my next round, it'd be driver in a heartbeat - purely because of how much I love this club. Hopefully it's not a honeymoon phase. The sound is outstanding, the shape is notably improved, and wow.

Also, I hit one off of a rough (propped) lie on a par 5 and it was HAMMERED. My buddy who was watching was about as impressed as I've ever heard him on a shot of mine. Beautiful flight.

/gush fest
Ugh. Stopppppp itttttttttt

Back