Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

Same as driver. Rogue silver
Ah ok.. when I’ve used that in the tour it’s definitely lower launching. Ventus Blue is noticeably higher and I feel the kick in the tip launching it higher

Ah ok.. when I’ve used that in the tour it’s definitely lower launching. Ventus Blue is noticeably higher and I feel the kick in the tip launching it higher
I might try the Tensei blue I have soon if its still not working. I love the look and sound of this club and want it to work for me, I don't typically struggle with fwys.

I might try the Tensei blue I have soon if its still not working. I love the look and sound of this club and want it to work for me
I ended up with the atmos blue because it also worked well in the driver. But at demo days, I hit the tensei blue in the big tour 3w and I felt it was a higher launch and felt better than rogue silver. Yet I didn’t like tensei in the driver and rogue was my second choice behind atmos in driver

Last edited:
I ended up with the atmos blue because it also worked well in the driver. But at demo days, I hit the tensei blue in the big tour 3w and I felt it was a higher launch and felt better than rogue silver. Yet I didn’t like tensei in the driver and that was my second choice behind atmos in driver
Shafts are kind of big thing. I hadn't played Rogue before but I kind of liked the look and feel of it. I struggled with driver early on but found a bit of a groove with it hoping I will with this soon but if not I will try a different shaft. I liked the Tensei blue but thought it was a touch on the higher spin side. Of course this is a different head entirely. Maybe a shaft change is all I need to unlock its potential

No hybrids in my bag this year as I just couldn’t get along with them at my fitting. Did however get the chance to hit my 3 and 5 woods this evening. But first a disclaimer- I’ve never gotten along with my fairway woods. I don’t like them off the tee, haven’t been able to hit them off the fairway, so I really have just had them in the bag for...well I guess decoration. I told myself this year I was going to try to hit them more often, in the right circumstance of course but going to make a concerted effort to get along with them this year.

First couple swings off the turf with the 5w(standard heads here, I’m not Dan)I did my normal, hit 2 inches behind the ball but instead of disastrous contact it still went straight and out about 200 yards.Workable even with a terrible swing. Let off it a bit and gave it the 80% swing and here is this glorious baby fade that landed near where I was aiming, ok I can work with this. Proceeded to hit several more stellar shots with the 5w off the turf before putting it on the tee. Tee shots were just as nice except when I overswing and then bad things happen.

3w was much the same as the 5. Overswing and it’s a low burning fade that likely ends up one maybe two fairways over, but put my 80%on it and watch it fly. They are long and for the most part forgiving...the rails are probably what’s saving my hind parts on most of my awful swings, but somehow they found the fairway.

This is going to be a process for me, but one that I’m hopeful will turn out well in the end.

Shafts are kind of big thing. I hadn't played Rogue before but I kind of liked the look and feel of it. I struggled with driver early on but found a bit of a groove with it hoping I will with this soon but if not I will try a different shaft. I liked the Tensei blue but thought it was a touch on the higher spin side. Of course this is a different head entirely. Maybe a shaft change is all I need to unlock its potential
I've hit the big tour with the Rogue silver, Atmos 6s, Tensei blue, and Hzrdus smoke all in stiff flex. The Atmos and Tensei are the easiest for me to get up in the air. The smoke is more penetrating and a little more tough to elevate from the fairway. The Rogue silver didn't work well for me. I would hit one good shot then have 4 or 5 balls that were just crap. I just couldn't get in a groove with it and I think it was a timing thing with my swing.

I've hit the big tour with the Rogue silver, Atmos 6s, Tensei blue, and Hzrdus smoke all in stiff flex. The Atmos and Tensei are the easiest for me to get up in the air. The smoke is more penetrating and a little more tough to elevate from the fairway. The Rogue silver didn't work well for me. I would hit one good shot then have 4 or 5 balls that were just crap. I just couldn't get in a groove with it and I think it was a timing thing with my swing.
Maybe I’ll throw the tensei in there on Friday and see what happens. Since I have been able to hit driver much better with rogue I figure maybe it’s just an adjustment period. I’m determined to keep at it though

Had a few more rounds with the clubs this week. 3 wood has been performing really well for me and I am trusting it more each round. Has a fantastic low and slight fade biased ball flight when struck well from the deck. Have also had success with teeing off with it on certain holes.

Hybrids are just awesome. Loving the distance I am getting from them, that is, when my swing is on point. Have had a few duffed shots, but that is me and not the clubs.

Many more great things to come from these clubs each time I can get out.

I don’t know how I can hit the OL irons well, hit one good OL 4h and then top the next 3h shot 30 yards. It isn’t that I don’t have an occasional bad iron shot, but I am consistently topping 3h. @phoffer any advice on OL hybrid?

I have really enjoyed the 3W and 5W so far in my limited chances to hit them. I think for the most part they perform when struck well. I have been having mechanical issues with disconnect with the longer clubs and hitting things out of the heel. Even those shots are not too bad. I think I would have gone with the 2H instead of the 5W purely for looks and something I am more used to for a 215-225 yard shot.

I don’t know how I can hit the OL irons well, hit one good OL 4h and then top the next 3h shot 30 yards. It isn’t that I don’t have an occasional bad iron shot, but I am consistently topping 3h. @phoffer any advice on OL hybrid?
Most likely it's in your head.

I never got along with my F9 4h, but plenty of other people who don't play OL hit mine just fine, treating it like a 7i.

Any chance you're still overswinging it a bit, even without realizing? Maybe pulling out a little like Justin Thomas driver jump?

Most likely it's in your head.

I never got along with my F9 4h, but plenty of other people who don't play OL hit mine just fine, treating it like a 7i.

Any chance you're still overswinging it a bit, even without realizing? Maybe pulling out a little like Justin Thomas driver jump?
That is the only thing I can think of. The pro that I have taken lessons with said I could fix my problem by not hitting a hybrid made for youth height. (It was a joke as we were just bantering at the counter). I feel like I am swinging too hard and lifting up slightly on those clubs. When I try to stay down on them and swing easier, no consistent distance with some fat shots and weak fades. I keep plugging along at it, but zero confidence on the course when I am 195-215 yards right now. I know that they work based on the few good shots I have hit, but they are just too few. At the fitting, I was crushing these time after time and what I was most looking forward to in the new set.

The big tour 3w is still my favorite club in the set. I don't hit it often enough.

That is the only thing I can think of. The pro that I have taken lessons with said I could fix my problem by not hitting a hybrid made for youth height. (It was a joke as we were just bantering at the counter). I feel like I am swinging too hard and lifting up slightly on those clubs. When I try to stay down on them and swing easier, no consistent distance with some fat shots and weak fades. I keep plugging along at it, but zero confidence on the course when I am 195-215 yards right now. I know that they work based on the few good shots I have hit, but they are just too few.

The big tour 3w is still my favorite club in the set. I don't hit it often enough.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: at the youth hybrid comment

But that bit about you've seen the potential...that's the key. You know it can work and it's just a matter of zoning in. And some clubs take longer than other. Swinging something that low lofted at OL is definitely going to be a mind f*** that you have to get past, there's no way around it. Plus the hybrid head makes D/FW swing thoughts creep in. I think those 2 things combined to make it hard for me.

Hit the 3, 5 and 7 woods frequently today. I really enjoy playing the Speedzone Fairways. I'm hitting them out of the rough and off the fairway. I have also used the 5W and 7W off the tee on par 3s. Very good results off the tee. I'm very impressed with the 3W. I'm playing it at 14.5 with a Regular Flex Helium 5 shaft. I remain shocked over how well I'm hitting the 3W at 14.5 degrees. I was not expecting good results at that loft. In my next few rounds I'm going to try to hit the 3W off the tee. Without the range being open, my only chance to hit these have been on the course. So, I haven't yet tried the 3W off the tee.

Hit the 3, 5 and 7 woods frequently today. I really enjoy playing the Speedzone Fairways. I'm hitting them out of the rough and off the fairway. I have also used the 5W and 7W off the tee on par 3s. Very good results off the tee. I'm very impressed with the 3W. I'm playing it at 14.5 with a Regular Flex Helium 5 shaft. I remain shocked over how well I'm hitting the 3W at 14.5 degrees. I was not expecting good results at that loft. In my next few rounds I'm going to try to hit the 3W off the tee. Without the range being open, my only chance to hit these have been on the course. So, I haven't yet tried the 3W off the tee.
Glad you are finally able to play some golf!!!! These fairways are really fantastic from Cobra this year!

Glad you are finally able to play some golf!!!! These fairways are really fantastic from Cobra this year!

Hitting a nice little fade with them. Can't wait to get more reps with them.

I’ve gotten a few more rounds in with the Big 3 and it’s been a fun club to hit. I have no way to measure spin but from my observations, it doesn’t seem to be a super low spin head. My first round it played it at 14.5* and last round lowered it to 13.5*. I hit it once off of the deck and it launched nice and high. Being paired with the Smoke Green, it’s been a surprise how easy it launches off the deck.

My miss is right and I generally play a fade off the tee. I did miss a few right so I do like having the option to set it Draw, which I am going to set it today along with it lofted down to 12.5*

I am determined to figure this club out but man its a struggle for some reason. Only had the opportunity to hit it twice yesterday. The first was a perfect lie in the fairway about 260 out on a par 5 which is go zone typically. I didn’t expect to get home but definitely was a spot I usually have no issue pulling a 3w. The result was a knuckle ball that flared off to the right an hit a tree I looked at the face and it appeared to be close to center contact maybe a little heel side.

The very next hole I lofted it up to 15* (was playing at 14.5*) and hit it off the tee. The result was a straighter flight that seemed to spin up and drop.

I’m so baffled why I can’t seem to figure this club out right now.

I was able to get out yesterday for a round. The 3 W and 5 W when hit well go far and feel great. My swing wasn't the best yesterday but when you connect with these it is a nice feel. I drove the green on a short par 4 with the 3 W. I think the rails on the bottom make a big difference with turf interaction. It helps out a lot.

I was able to try the 3 W off the tee and on the turf. It performed well on both occasions. I am impressed by this because the 3 W is usually the least favorite club for me. Working with it over the summer should inspire some confidence to use it more and more.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 5 W, but for me I kinda wish I would have grabbed the 2H instead. I played a 3 W and 2H in my last set up and just feel more comfortable with that. Maybe using the 5 W more will help with that. All in all excellent products.

Played today with it cranked down to 12.5 and set to draw and the Big FW came alive so to speak. I teed it a bit lower and for the 5 times I hit it, the results were great—straight or a very small draw and today with hard fairways, I was getting some extra distance.

It seemed to be launching lower and had a flatter ball flight that I had been wanting to see. The ball flight reminded me of the 3 Deep I had in the bag years ago but the Big FW appears to be more forgiving.

Anyway, today I got the weapon off the tee I was hoping for.

Only a couple opportunities to pull the 3 and 5 from the bag today as the links course I played doesn't pose many problems off the tee where I'd need to pull either of the FW woods. The few chances I had to hit these proved to be solid, as they performed well and as intended. More to come as I become a bit more acquainted with them.

I am struggling with the big tour so far after 4 rounds. It could be the smoke yellow shaft that I’m not getting along with but I had big hopes for this club. I am going to try a different shaft but if that doesn’t help I’m going to look for the smaller tour head and move this one. The smaller head is something I am comfortable looking down at

I am struggling with the big tour so far after 4 rounds. It could be the smoke yellow shaft that I’m not getting along with but I had big hopes for this club. I am going to try a different shaft but if that doesn’t help I’m going to look for the smaller tour head and move this one. The smaller head is something I am comfortable looking down at
If you've read my posts I'm right there with you except I have the Rogue shaft. Going to try a different one as well this week if I am able to get out. I don't find the head to be big or anything just seeing some odd results. Maybe it could be the deeper face too but something isn't working for me for whatever reason.

3w for me has been good for me. Nothing great, but nothing bad. The hybrid on the other hand continues to perform beautifully. It's not the longest off the tee I've had, but off the deck and out of the rough, is where it shines for me. I think the weighted rails on the bottom are where it's at. With that weight low, I can get it off the ground easily and out of the rough it's got enough pop to just go right through. This hybrid is the winner of the fairways or hybrids. Love it!

3w for me has been good for me. Nothing great, but nothing bad. The hybrid on the other hand continues to perform beautifully. It's not the longest off the tee I've had, but off the deck and out of the rough, is where it shines for me. I think the weighted rails on the bottom are where it's at. With that weight low, I can get it off the ground easily and out of the rough it's got enough pop to just go right through. This hybrid is the winner of the fairways or hybrids. Love it!
Which hybrid did you end up getting? I am really torn about grabbing a hybrid or the utility iron if/when it comes out.

Back