Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

My big tour fairway is at 13.5 degrees and with the smoke shaft in getting great distance and accuracy off the tee and bullets off the fairway. I believe this will have a permanent place in my bag for quite some time!

That is awesome. Even with the size/depth of the Big Tour it is playable from the fairway.

Love hearing the success stories! I don't know why I've struggled with it so far but not every club works for everyone the same

I agree 100%. Every club is not going for every golfer.

I am so thrilled with the 3 5 and 7 with the Helium 5 black shaft. I'm so glad that I went with that combination of loft and shafts. And to be honest, I expected the 14.5 degree 3 wood to be practically useless for me. I thought I may use it infrequently as a club to tee off with. But, I'm rocketing the ball off the deck and out of the rough with the 14.5.

Even with my swing flaws, the performance of the fairway woods off the deck and out of the rough has been excellent. Really looking forward to getting my swing dialed in.

That is outstanding to hear!

I am so thrilled with the 3 5 and 7 with the Helium 5 black shaft. I'm so glad that I went with that combination of loft and shafts. And to be honest, I expected the 14.5 degree 3 wood to be practically useless for me. I thought I may use it infrequently as a club to tee off with. But, I'm rocketing the ball off the deck and out of the rough with the 14.5.

Even with my swing flaws, the performance of the fairway woods off the deck and out of the rough has been excellent. Really looking forward to getting my swing dialed in.

You really are coming back into form quickly with this Cobra equipment... and the fact that you can actually leave your house and play helps too.

Love hearing the success stories! I don't know why I've struggled with it so far but not every club works for everyone the same
Seriously, if you want to borrow the Atmos blue or hzrdus smoke to try out just let me know!

Good to see all the good reviews so far. Higher trjaectory/launch is something I like to see with fw as with how I swing, I typically play my 3 wood low and running. A higher launch would be welcome to get a bit more carry and versatility to have it stop when actually carrying into greens

Got out this weekend, cut hand and all. Played not so well but man I am really enjoying these fairways. Like many have said they perform with high launch. I can’t believe how well they get up. I have never been a 3 wood player because I have no confidence in the club. This 3 wood and me have clicked.
The 5 wood is equally as impressive. Goes high and far. Had a par 3 into a slight wind playing 230 and this trickled through the back of the green. At first I thought I would regret not getting hybrid and going 5 wood. Glad I got the 3 and 5 wood!

They work really well off the tee or off the deck. Another big plus for these clubs! Must be the rails.

I only used the big tour fairway once yesterday but split the fairway with it even though the strike wasn't perfect.

Happy to report I have found some recent success with the Big Tour fwy both off the tee and deck. I have it lofted up to 15 and that seemed to do the trick. Off the tee I teed it up a little higher than I am used to for 3w, starting thinking about the deeper face but it has really seemed to help. ITs still not going as far according to Arccos as I am used to for my 3w but hoping this new trend continues

Out of everything I did today, the 3 and 5 wood were the shining stars in the bag. Hit some absolute monsters with both of the clubs today and couldn't believe how easily they launched. They definitely want to draw for me, whereas my normal ball flight is a fade so have to get used to that. Otherwise these things are fantastic.

Out of everything I did today, the 3 and 5 wood were the shining stars in the bag. Hit some absolute monsters with both of the clubs today and couldn't believe how easily they launched. They definitely want to draw for me, whereas my normal ball flight is a fade so have to get used to that. Otherwise these things are fantastic.

Agree with you completely. I absolutely love the 3 5 and 7. However, the draw you refer to eludes me.

Best shot of the day with my 5w. High soft draw. Short par 4, put the tee shot 8ft from the hole and lipped the eagle putt. Still need to change shafts though because it's a bit to light and to draw biased for my liking.

Screenshot_20200531-212941.png

Best shot of the day with my 5w. High soft draw. Short par 4, put the tee shot 8ft from the hole and lipped the eagle putt. Still need to change shafts though because it's a bit to light and to draw biased for my liking.

View attachment 8946735
Wow impressive distance for a 5w

I love that they are turning left for you, man! That's exciting!
Same with my Tour head. If I am hitting it well, I definitely expect a subtle left turn.

I love that they are turning left for you, man! That's exciting!
Same with my Tour head. If I am hitting it well, I definitely expect a subtle left turn.
Now the key is going to be to get the Driver to start doing that...right now... ALL right and not playable haha.

Now the key is going to be to get the Driver to start doing that...right now... ALL right and not playable haha.
Oh noooooo!

Anything about it that's weird? When you were fit, you were BLASTING that thing.

I've got it turned down to 17.5 degrees so its playing more like a 4w.
17.5 degrees is HARDLY a 4w. That's more like 16.
It's all about dynamic loft in my books. I play my 3w almost always around 13.5 degrees and it goes as high as a 4-5w hahaha!

Still a bomb on that image my guy!

17.5 degrees is HARDLY a 4w. That's more like 16.
It's all about dynamic loft in my books. I play my 3w almost always around 13.5 degrees and it goes as high as a 4-5w hahaha!

True. I had it turned down to 17 which is as low as it would go but for some reason that extra .5 degree changed the look for me for some reason. Hear you on the dynamic loft as I have this thing flying pretty high right now. Lands pretty soft which is what I wanted out of it. The goal was to have something to reach long par 5's in 2. Most "long par 5s" up here for my normal play/league tees are 500-520 max.

Regardless, its fitting my 240-245 yard range just about perfect which is what I was shooting for. Behind that is the 3h at 19 deg for the 220-225 range followed by the 4i at 205.

Still a bomb on that image my guy!

(y) Was hitting all the longer clubs well that day. What was failing me was my mid to short irons. Kept pushing them right. :cautious:

True. I had it turned down to 17 which is as low as it would go but for some reason that extra .5 degree changed the look for me for some reason. Hear you on the dynamic loft as I have this thing flying pretty high right now. Lands pretty soft which is what I wanted out of it. The goal was to have something to reach long par 5's in 2. Most "long par 5s" up here for my normal play/league tees are 500-520 max.

Regardless, its fitting my 240-245 yard range just about perfect which is what I was shooting for. Behind that is the 3h at 19 deg for the 220-225 range followed by the 4i at 205.

(y) Was hitting all the longer clubs well that day. What was failing me was my mid to short irons. Kept pushing them right. :cautious:
Gapping is sooooo critical. I'm the type of guy who has a terrible time with altering hosels because the look changes. I had a VERY reputable fitter threaten to glue in a driver I got fit for because it was outstanding UNLESS I switched it to any setting other than stock hahaha

I'm dumb though.

Oh noooooo!

Anything about it that's weird? When you were fit, you were BLASTING that thing.
Nope nothing that's giving me any signs of what I'm doing wrong... need some time at the range to tinker/fix/get used to.

Nope nothing that's giving me any signs of what I'm doing wrong... need some time at the range to tinker/fix/get used to.
Have you been able to at all? We're just getting opened down here and a couple range sessions made ALL the difference for me with the Speedzone.

Gapping is sooooo critical. I'm the type of guy who has a terrible time with altering hosels because the look changes. I had a VERY reputable fitter threaten to glue in a driver I got fit for because it was outstanding UNLESS I switched it to any setting other than stock hahaha

I'm dumb though.

The urge to fiddle is always present with these adjustable hosels. Its a blessing and a curse. :)

I'm not sure "dumb" would ever be a term I would use to describe you and golf stuff. :p

The urge to fiddle is always present with these adjustable hosels. Its a blessing and a curse. :)

I'm not sure "dumb" would ever be a term I would use to describe you and golf stuff. :p

Ehhhh... I can fool the best of them.

Put a head with a strange setting in my hands? I may as well hit left handed lmao

I do have another thing I want to talk about in regards to the Speedzone Tour fairway...

It's awesome, and I love it... and it's great fun to hit - but I really don't think it cares for my HZRDUS Yellow. Absolutely cannot get dialed in with that setup. Used it this morning thinking it would be fun to switch to, and it was clear very early on that I'd need to switch back to the green.

I've got one more shaft in the Regio Formula MB that I want to try, but it's given me great confidence that the HZRDUS Smoke green is the best fit from what I have available.

Back