Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

Have you been able to at all? We're just getting opened down here and a couple range sessions made ALL the difference for me with the Speedzone.
Weather/work hasn't cooperated much. Free's up this week though, hopefully.

Weather/work hasn't cooperated much. Free's up this week though, hopefully.
Yeah, our weather has been NUTS!

I really want to see it in action sooner rather than later my guy. We need to get something on the calendar.

First round back today, and clearly things were still a little bit rusty! Having said that though, the SZ 3w is almost like cheating off the tee. Teed up slightly higher than normal, it's 220-230 carry,mostly straight with just a little bit of peel to the right.

The feel off the face is fantastic, with a highly addictive 'crack'when you get hold of one. The look at address does nothing but inspire confidence and is actually a club I genuinelly look forward to hitting off the tee. Off the fairway is a different story, and I'm struggling to get much launch, but that is a classic case of Indian rather than arrow as I've got to be really 'on' to be hitting FW off the ground at the best of times.

The 5w only came out of the bag once yesterday, on a little par 4 that I needed to be straight but laying up short of fairway bunkers. Typically enough it came out of the screws, went 20 yards further than I was expecting dead straight into the bunker. Like the 3w, unbelievably easy off the tee and feels like it's impossible to miss.

Nothing hit off the fairway yesterday, but soon. Very soon I am certain of that.

So far, these FWs have absolutely shone for me, 3w in particular off the tee has been a revelation..

I've said this before, but these just get better for me every round. Other than off the 1st tee this morning when I cold topped the 3w about 50 yards, but I put that down to a 7am tee time, a rushed coffee and it being a lot colder than I had expected it to be after sitting in a warm car for 20 minutes :ROFLMAO:

The 3w off the tee other than that is almost automatic. Tee it up, swing through it and it's high and straight, great feeling club.

The 5w is my absolute go to off the fairway and it launches for days. Only used it once today, which was a fluffy lie in the rough which I had no right to attempt a wood out of. Needless to say it did not go well......

These clubs are absolute weapons, love them!

I only hit the Big Tour 3 times on Sunday, but I hit all exactly where I wanted the ball to go. I have not had much of an opportunity to hit it off the deck or to get the range with it, but the Big Tour seems to be pretty forgiving and a good fit for me off the tee as I am getting more and more used to it.

I only hit the Big Tour 3 times on Sunday, but I hit all exactly where I wanted the ball to go. I have not had much of an opportunity to hit it off the deck or to get the range with it, but the Big Tour seems to be pretty forgiving and a good fit for me off the tee as I am getting more and more used to it.

I agree I think its pretty forgiving as well. The more I've used it the more comfortable I've gotten with it especially off the tee. I'm actually considering going back down a degree now that I figured out I have to tee it up higher than I'm used to for a 3w because of the deeper face.

I agree I think its pretty forgiving as well. The more I've used it the more comfortable I've gotten with it especially off the tee. I'm actually considering going back down a degree now that I figured out I have to tee it up higher than I'm used to for a 3w because of the deeper face.

Glad to hear you are hitting it better. I have definitely seen a difference in trajectory based on how high the tee is. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I feel more comfortable with the deeper face off the tee.

The more I hit this stupid 3 hybrid the more I like it. Didn't hit my 5w at all since my driver was working so well but I did hit the hybrid and it just flat out works. Short par 4 dog leg left, trouble on both sides and not much of a reason to pull the driver or the 5 wood. HIt the 3 hybrid and put it past 2 of the guys I was playing with who it driver. Just so easy to hit. Especially after switching to the recoil proto utility 95F5 shaft.

Screenshot_20200606-211131.png

Didn't have as much success with the FW's today, but that was mostly because I asked them to do things they aren't always capable of haha. Will say this is the most confident that I've felt standing over top of a fairway wood, pretty much ever.

Seems like I might as well just copy and paste my previous responses here, am just loving these FW so much. Am finding that for someone who always pulled driver on a par 4 as default, am now actually reaching for the 3w more frequently because it's just absolutely automatic. Lost a couple out to the right last night but that was just the idiot pulling the trigger who left the face open a little.

And the 5w off the fairway? Is like a magic wand, launch and distance not a problem whatsoever. I thought I had confidence in my G410 5w, but this is in a different class altogether!

The 4h is surprising me more and more every time I take it out of the bag. Hybrids have tended to be my fairway and get out of jail free club, and this does it all in spades. Thought I'd mix it up last night and try it off the tee though. Have a short par 4 here on my course that I generally hit other than driver off the tee to come up short of the bunker in the fairway. Is about 210 carry to the front of the bunker, so thought the 4h would be the perfect club....

hybrid.png

Carried the whole thing :ROFLMAO: Little flick with the MIM and off with a par. What a club!

When it was time order, the SZ tour 5w was back ordered so I decided to go with the standard 5w. So far its a big disappointment. I really dont ever play a 5w, that spot in my bag the last few years has been for a utility/driving iron, but with options this year is was go with a 3i or 5w. I went with the 5w and plan on getting the Forged Tec Utility when that releases

So far the 5w is extremely high launching and very spinny. I have a Ventus Blue 80x in there currently and im not liking the combo at all. the shaft feels great but overall something is not clicking. The FT 5i goes the same distance as the 5w right now... I tried the Rogue Silver 70x that came with the 5w also but had a harder time controlling it, and also not much distance. The Ventus Blue primarily goes straight, but very very high and spins a ton

The Big Tour is fun to hit but I really dont get many opportunities to ever hit it. Usually ill hit it off the tee bc I realize I haven't hit it in a while

Remember I was saying that I was absolutely unable to launch the 3w off the fairway? Well, I had a dozen balls left at the range today and thought what the hell, let's give it a tryu again. Pushed the ball right up in my stance and hit it as hard as I could, and....

3w.png

Seems that just a bit of ball position and swing speed was needed, apparently you really have to go after a 3w when it's on the deck. Who'd a though it?

I now have a new toy....

Got out for 9 holes this morning. Speedzone 5w (18.5 degrees draw) was stellar.

Got out for 9 holes this morning. Speedzone 5w (18.5 degrees draw) was stellar.
what all do you like about it?? mine seems to just hit moon shots, spin a ton, and go nowhere. Ive tried a few different shafts in there

I even have it lofted down. It flys straight but currently its about the same distance as my 5i

what all do you like about it?? mine seems to just hit moon shots, spin a ton, and go nowhere. Ive tried a few different shafts in there

I even have it lofted down. It flys straight but currently its about the same distance as my 5i

I have the Speedzone 3w, 5w and 7w. I'm able to hit with them off the fairway out of the rough. I'm somewhat distance challenged, yet I'm finding that I'm able to hit these woods as far or farther than other woods that I used. I'm playing a Regular Shafted Helium 5 Black in all my woods. It is producing a very playable trajectory for me.

Demoed the 3w today & was blown away at the feel & forgiveness of this club. The first 2 I hit off the deck & they were straight & long.

Speedzone 3 wood is finally showing me some great shots here this past week. For a few rounds had some good shots here and there and then chunking a few.

The sound from it, when struck well, is intoxicating.

I'm still in love with this hybrid! The more I play with it, the more I like it. The distances off the tee AND off the deck are great. I have more control than I've had with any other hybrid. Absolutely love it. It's not getting out of my bag any time soon.

Here's my yardage from arccosScreenshot_20200616-151835.jpg

Well today I hit my 2h off a tee for the first time every. HOLY **** it was absolutely nutted dead straight and 249 yds :oops: I have always been hesitant to hit a hybrid off a tee for fear of the lefts but man I can't believe how much I like this thing. As far as the Big Tour fwy we are getting along a little better as of late at 15* but still not getting the distance I wanted or hoped for from it. I might try lofting it back down to 14 and see what happens. I just thing the deeper face and I aren't meshing quite well.

My beloved Regio Formula MB was installed a while ago into a Cobra adapter, and I finally got it on course yesterday to give it a good romp with the Speedzone tour head. Have to say, I'm smitten. I only got to hit it a few times, but the shape and results were exactly what I was looking for. I also really feel like the balance in the swing is going to work very well for me.

My time with the HZRDUS green is definitely not done, and I have the HZRDUS yellow waiting in the wing for some extended time, but for now, I think I'm going to stick with the Nippon for a bit to see if this becomes one of my go-to heads off tighter shaping tees. Can't get enough of the strike sound as well. It just... sounds... nutted.... With the HZRDUS green in, I'd been living out on the toe a bit. The profile, while only slightly changing here, got me back to center - which absolutely helps the sound profile as well as the shape.

The 3 wood spot in the back has always been a critical one for me, as I tend to pull driver sparingly. What I am really excited to do, and haven't had a chance yet, is hit some more off the deck instead of the tee with this combo. I've got a couple rounds scheduled for the weekend and will definitely bring back more thoughts from that.

Another round in with the Nippon Regio and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yeah.

I think for my round tomorrow, I am going to use it more. Plenty of times I could have, but didn't. Time to really see what it can do.

FINALLY! A couple fairway woods that I actually feel confident in when standing over top of them. The 3W and 5W have become some of the most reliable clubs in the bag since I received them. From the fairway or off the tee there's not really reason for pause when the yardage pops up that's needed for either of these and that's comforting.

The only thing that I've noticed for myself, is that they have a tendency to want to be like Nascar and turn left. There's no right miss with these, which is definitely something that's not normal for me or my game, but I'm working on adjusting to it.

Anyone fooling around with the 7-8 wood ?

hybrid guys... convince me why I need one!!!

I have a 2 utility coming right now. Im planning on getting a 4 hybrid and taking out the 4i. I like the 4i and have 0 problems with it but while im trying different things with the Cobra set up im curious how it will work. Mainly want to see if its more accurate than a 4i

top end of the bag would be big tour 3w, 2 utility, then 4 hybrid

Back