Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

Personally I dont think choosing between models will come down solely to numbers.
I think you have to have some comfort with the shaping and then let the numbers fill the gap appropriately you have in your bag.

Shot shaping or visual queue?

I’ve got a question for the THP brain trust,

How does one go about choosing between the Fairway Wood models? Assuming you hit them all on a monitor. What are you looking for in those numbers and how they translate to strength and weakness on course for a player that should be gaming each of the models?

I'm by no means going to be confused with anyone in the brain trust when it comes to golf equipment. But, for me two things I'm considering when looking at fairways is loft and whether or not there is a draw bias option. You have to know your ball flight. That's something to consider other than pure numbers,

Both honestly.
Clubs look different for a variety of reasons.
Agreed. I guess I’m trying to get at how one assess the numbers. Which maybe beyond the scope of this thread.

I’ve gotten very comfortable with the look of the G410 5W. But is that correct for me?

I'm by no means going to be confused with anyone in the brain trust when it comes to golf equipment. But, for me two things I'm considering when looking at fairways is loft and whether or not there is a draw bias option. You have to know your ball flight. That's something to consider other than pure numbers,
I hook /draw my fairways and hybrids. But slice my driver. Such a beginner that it’s hard to make sense of all the numbers sometimes

Agreed. I guess I’m trying to get at how one assess the numbers. Which maybe beyond the scope of this thread.

I’ve gotten very comfortable with the look of the G410 5W. But is that correct for me?

If it fits the gap in your bag and you hit it well it is.
If you compare something else to it and hit that better than no, right?

Choosing numbers on a 5 wood, without the information on the clubs surrounding it would be very tough. Unless of course pure distance is the goal.

I hook /draw my fairways and hybrids. But slice my driver. Such a beginner that it’s hard to make sense of all the numbers sometimes

I fade everything even with a draw bias club. But using a draw bias club has generally eliminated a slice from my tee game.

Is it just me or does the big tour actually NOT have rails?

The F9's have been the best performing fairway woods that I've ever played. I cannot wait to try these and see how the tech has improved on what was already a solid lineup!

Give me a Big Tour fw, please.

Really good looking clubs. Fun options to try.

Wow....3 different fairway woods and each has multiple reasons on why to pick. Just getting down to picking one will be a fun hour or 2.

After playing the F8+ fairway a few F8 hybrid for the past 2 years and having never previously played Cobra prior to the 2018 MC, they were grossly underestimated. I know that the F9 lineup last year got Cobra a lot of industry respect and higher sales but I never had the opportunity to hit either the F9 fw or hybrid so I would expect these (Speedzone lineup) to leapfrog the F8 lineup by a lot, which tells me these will be dynamite!

Is it just me or does the big tour actually NOT have rails?

To me it looks like faux rails to match the aesthetics of the other fairways. To me the big tour is replacing the king Ltd fairway which didnt have rails. Several cobra staffers still had it in the bag. Similar to how it took the f8+ to knock out the flyz+ rickie had, this looks like the several generation later fairway to replace the king ltd.

The big tour looks like to be a primarily tee club due to the deeper face and larger profile.

All I know is I want one.

How does one go about choosing between the Fairway Wood models? Assuming you hit them all on a monitor. What are you looking for in those numbers and how they translate to strength and weakness on course for a player that should be gaming each of the models?

I carry two fairways and each has a job.

3 wood first and foremost is another tee option for me. Larger profile gives me confidence that I can make good contact. That said, I still want something I can attack a par 5 with so it needs to have the ability to land soft.

5 wood is something that needs to do a lot for me. Mine is basically my utility club. It needs to be a second shot club for par 5s and something I can shape. While the 3 wood may have a fade or draw it should relatively be straight, the 5 wood I want the ability to bend it. Additionally out of the rough performance is critical.

That said, numbers play a role but the feelings I get while swinging it and then on the course need to match up.

For numbers on a monitor I'll be looking at ballspeed for the 3 wood and land angle when hitting it off the deck. For 5 wood ill be looking at peak height and land angle. For both it needs to fit my yardages.

I must have the big tour.

Im thinking :
Big tour as back up driver
4w for fairway shots into par 5's
20 hybrid
This will be fun deciding

The drivers will get all of the praise, but these will be the unsung heroes of this launch.

methinks you’re on to something here

i’m not looking at departing from a setup I know

For me, I’m looking for a 14.5° that will be used the majority of the time off the deck

mid penetrating flight that is 230 carry and is Fairway finder that generates some roll

This spot I’m thinking Big Fairway as it could be my

17° (maybe 17.5/18.5°) that can be a tee club but will primarily be used off the deck.

I like mid/high launch want it for holding greens or longer distance that puts more of an emphasis on carry

I’m leaning toward the tour model or speedzone fairway here or maybe even one of the hybrids

and it's not $399!

Across the Board they nailed the prices.

I think zone 4 will be a friend to many, including myself

ZONE 4 – THE LIGHT ZONE – An ultralight carbon fiber crown saves 10 grams of discretionary weight that is strategically positioned to lower the CG for higher launch with increased forgiveness.

Want to hit the Big Tour against my Original One, for sure.

Since I've pulled the driver from my bag and been using my F9 3w in its place, the Big Tour is calling out to me. And it become available just as I'm hoping to be able to start playing again.

Big Tour FW is definitely intriguing. I mostly use FW off the tee so that is something I need to take a look at.

One club I miss having is my old XR 3 deep. Big Tour might be just the thing to make me forget about it.

Plus the name is cool. “Big Tour”. Takes me back to Tastee Freeze and a Big-T :sneaky:

Back