Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

How easy is the 3w Speedzone to launch. I have an old 4w 16.5 and wondering if these are easy to get up in the air. Never played cobra club before so very curious.
Have had absolutely no issues getting my 3 or the 5 to launch. Not talking moonballs but nice penetrating flight.

Getting fitted on Monday for a 3-wood and this is my leading candidate going in. Have hear great reviews of it, and seeing as how I struggle launching my 3 wood in the air, think this club will help immensely.

There is a bit part of me wishing I had gone 7w instead of 4h, just for fun! Love me a 7w

The Speedzone Fairways are awesome. I’m very happy with my selection of the 3, 5, and 7.

Does anyone like the big tour?
I am getting along with the Big Tour very well! The difference between this and the regular tour is the BT was designed to launch higher and spin less than the regular tour. This is what I saw in my fitting and it has been performing as billed on the course. I have changed the loft from13.5 to 15 for me to get an even higher launch and increase the spin some. I was getting <2500 off the deck at 13.5.

Didn’t hit the fairways but a couple times today but both times they were pulled they did exactly what I wanted them to do. It’s great to finally feel confidence when pulling a fairway wood.

E14B389D-80F3-4AFD-A6F0-1C52F2A79963.jpeg
Had to pitch out from some trees and debated pulling the 3w vs laying up. Able to save par with a GIR from 223 out. Never would have thought I’d be able to do something like this. It just wasn’t a shot in my arsenal.

How easy is the 3w Speedzone to launch. I have an old 4w 16.5 and wondering if these are easy to get up in the air. Never played cobra club before so very curious.
I have last year's F9 in 3, 5, and Tour 5. They all launch really well for me, both off the tee and off the deck.

such an unlock for me for long approach shots with these two clubs
Before the MC came along, I used a Callaway 7w and it was my get out of jail free card for a multitude of things. Launched easier than a wedge, around 200-210 carry off the fairway and and pretty easy out of light to medium rough as well. Such a fun club to use.

These SZ fairways are just absolute monsters. I cannot say enough good things about them. Played last night and hit the 3w off the majority of holes, and didn't miss a fairway. Just need to play with tee height a bit, because I'm losing a few yards with the height that I'm getting. The 3w is a complete rocket launcher off the fairway as well. Only hit the 5w once off the fairway though. Waited 5 mins for the green to clear, 230 yards out...no trouble either side of the green, the green light was lit. Topped it :LOL:

Does anyone like the big tour?
If you read through the thread you will see guys on both sides. Personally I'm not thrilled with the performance so far. I find the deeper face difficult to hit off the deck and off the tee the distance isn't what I'm accustomed to from a 3w. It may just not be a good match for my swing, I would recommend trying it first or at least getting it on a sim.

If you read through the thread you will see guys on both sides. Personally I'm not thrilled with the performance so far. I find the deeper face difficult to hit off the deck and off the tee the distance isn't what I'm accustomed to from a 3w. It may just not be a good match for my swing, I would recommend trying it first or at least getting it on a sim.
I really really wanted to get fit into the Big Tour, but it just wasn't for me. It worked off the tee, but I just couldn't launch it from the deck no matter what I did. The standard however, is an absolute beast from anywhere!

So when you forget your putter...

The 7w is an absolute fantastic putter replacement.

Hello3 club tournament!

I got up and down twice in two attempts in my last two rounds using the 7w from greenside whrere my ball was up against the collar. I prefer to putt those and the 22.5 7w has gotten the job done. Just use the putting stroke.

My Speedzone 3wood and hybrids have really been performing well for me the last several rounds.

Today, I hit one of the best shots with the 3 wood. Par 5 after a 256 yard drive just barely off fairway, 3 wood 246 yards and onto the green. :love:

5BBAC075-092D-4822-AC84-320158195CBA.jpeg

The 3w off the tee is just incredible, almost automatic and paired with the right shaft the flight is high and straight. Not losing too much distance from the driver, and the feel is so solid and you just know where the ball is going before you look up. And the 5w off the fairway almost feels like cheating at times - even out of the rough with a half decent lie the ball elevates and wants to go straight. These clubs are going nowhere any time soon.

Thy hybrid is interesting, I'm not seeing as much height as I would expect from this, but at the end of the day I'm certain that it's my swing and not the club that is causing the issue here. Having said that, is a solid 205-210 every time which is absolutely perfect for the gapping for me, and off the tee on tight holes it's a fairway finder.

So when you forget your putter...

The 7w is an absolute fantastic putter replacement.

Hello3 club tournament!
How do you forget your putter? :ROFLMAO:

Definitely the least used clubs in the bag right now, as I just don't play many courses where, in my mind and arccos caddie's mind that driver isn't the right play off the tee. Now it's popped up as an alternative approach on a couple holes, but when weighing the options I've pulled driver each and every time.

When I do pull the clubs, they perform exactly as I had hoped they would. It's odd though, I can't draw the driver to save my life, but these things I've got to play a draw for certain. Not that it's a bad thing just not something I'm used to.

Another great day with the 3 wood. When I get good contact it goes forever. On this par 5 after a good drive, went for the green and hot it, it just kept on going over it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

967FBF8C-4E9F-4C7F-89E5-730FC17B0536.jpeg

Another great day with the 3 wood. When I get good contact it goes forever. On this par 5 after a good drive, went for the green and hot it, it just kept on going over it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8954312

What loft are you playing with the 3W? I have mine at 14.5 and I'm amazed by how easy it is for me to launch off the fairway at that loft.

What loft are you playing with the 3W? I have mine at 14.5 and I'm amazed by how easy it is for me to launch off the fairway at that loft.
I have mine set at +1* in Draw setting. Took me a little to fall in love with it, but the sound it makes when striking the ball well is intoxicating. :cool:

The 3w and 5w in my bag right now really haven't gotten a fair shake this year. I've tried my best this year to play a little "safer" and as such these don't get much play anywhere but off the tee. As such I've not logged nearly enough shots to give these a real fair shake. I'm going to try to hit a couple this weekend, as I'm playing a course that I've never played before so will force myself to pull these a bit more.

I love the 3w off the tee. Love it. Love it. Love it.

That is all.

I am getting more comfortable with the OL 3h. It has been the one club in my bag that I avoided hitting. I don’t find that I need it often off the tee between the Big Tour 3w and 4i, but when I tried it the last few weeks, it worked well.

I love the 3w off the tee. Love it. Love it. Love it.

That is all.

I just flat out love the 3w and the 5w too. Easy to launch these clubs off almost any lie. However, because the Xtreme is so accurate for me and I am distanced challenged enough, I really haven't had much opportunity to hit the 3w off the tee. I have hit the 5w off the tee on longer Par 3s.

After each round, I just continue to be blown away at the 3 wood and the 3 & 4 hybrids in my bag.

3 wood is a fantastic club that just absolutely launches when struck and I typically use it for my 2nd shot on par 5's which more times than not, gets me within wedge distance to green. Have obviously had my stinker shots with it too where it just drifts and drifts and drifts to the right, but that is indian and not arrow problem.

Hybrids were my favorite clubs when I was initially fit for the Morgan Cup bag and they have performed pretty well for me on the course. I can't say they are my favorites, but they certainly earn their way in the bag and get me out of trouble when my drive heads to the right into some rough stuff.

After each round, I just continue to be blown away at the 3 wood and the 3 & 4 hybrids in my bag.

3 wood is a fantastic club that just absolutely launches when struck and I typically use it for my 2nd shot on par 5's which more times than not, gets me within wedge distance to green. Have obviously had my stinker shots with it too where it just drifts and drifts and drifts to the right, but that is indian and not arrow problem.

Hybrids were my favorite clubs when I was initially fit for the Morgan Cup bag and they have performed pretty well for me on the course. I can't say they are my favorites, but they certainly earn their way in the bag and get me out of trouble when my drive heads to the right into some rough stuff.
Are the hybrids draw biased or are the pretty neutral?

Back