Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

SMFH

The fairways are so freaking good.

255 5w slightly downhill and firm fairway on rope

231 yd 7w on rope as well not downhill, softer fairway

Can’t wait to get these to vegas

Hit the longest 5w of my life yesterday.

Well the longest I can remember in many years. It was not aided by any outside agency. I was actually attempting to lay up short of the green. In addition to hitting the green about 20 yards further than my usual maximum distance with the club, I hit a draw. The Speedzone Fairways (I have the 3 5 and 7) are the co-stars of my Cobra bag. They are easy to launch for me and I'm getting great distance. The other co-stars have been the TRails.

I love my Speedzone 3W. It is a rocket launcher. It's a distance club for me. It's been a great help off the tee on those holes where I shouldn't hit driver or where the driver and I aren't currently on speaking terms! :mad: Same with the 3 and 4H. Fantastic options off the tee for me when I need 210-230 or so and in the fairway. From the fairway, the 3 and 4H elevate so easily with a good swing. They have helped greatly on the par 5s at my home course. I don't feel like I have to squeeze every last ounce out of the driver on lobger par 5s, knowing I have these babies in the bag my second shot.

I really like the look of all 3 clubs behind the ball off the fairway. It suits my eye. I don't feel that I have to do anything special to hit good shots with them.

My Christmas present to myself might be the SZ Tour 3W. I'll talk with @Master Yagley about that in Vegas!

Last edited:
I have the Big Tour 3w set to 12.5 degrees and love it off the tee. When I ordered it, I worried about hitting it off the deck and have had no problem. For anyone that uses a 3W frequently off the tee, you need to look at this one. The misses with this are less punitive and usually more playable than misses with my driver.

99FFFB92-052A-4210-8066-D2D6CC57F70F.png

My last few rounds, the 3 and 4 hybrids have been getting more use as I was just off fairway in some fluffy lies. The split rails really work.

They continue to really perform for me and have been great approach shot clubs for me when I am 195-225 out from green. They have really surprised me on several occasions when I was in a spot of trouble near some trees and getting these to launch over them and back to safety.

I bought the 19* hybrid early in the release and, if I am honest, I didn’t get along all that well with it. I almost sold it, but didn’t. Tonight, I was putting the new Cobra irons in the bag and trying fill out the top part of the bag. I threw the hybrid in the bag and took it to my TrackMan session. I got along with it extremely well. It was fitting the gap that I needed perfectly. I was seeing ball speeds of 133 to 134, with a smash factor of 1.50, which is crazy good. So, the club is getting another audition.

Just got today the 21 degree hybrid. I love the look of this club. I just came back from the range. It was on the front porch. I am hitting right back to the range. I already voted so why not.

Just got today the 21 degree hybrid. I love the look of this club. I just came back from the range. It was on the front porch. I am hitting right back to the range. I already voted so why not.
You're gonna love it. As I've said in this thread before, the 21° Hybrid is one of my biggest surprises from my Morgan Cup bag along with the 3 wood.

That lasted about a month. I hit one today with the Speedzone 5w off the deck that was the longest by far. Trying to lay up on a par 5, I hit it 30 yards beyond what I would consider my maximum distance.

I’ve said it all year but the fairways have been the best offering for me in an incredible lineup of Cobra equipment. Best news is that these are in sale now.

I apparently neglected to speak about the incredible success I had with these at the MC.

Since Mid Summer the 5w 17° with Helium XS has been a beast averaging 230 off the tee and 215 off the deck -straight fairway finder. Only hit one bad shot the MC with it and that was Alt Shot #9 and tugged it left and put @Jmk202 in the bush.

Scramble today had this bomb from the fairway that was in the rough off the green just passed the stick (8 yards to the pin)

B743B6F7-7DE6-4F05-AA7D-B37BAC954D70.png
The 7w 23° has also been fantastic- the versatility that I have either flighting it high or mid off the tee and as a second shot approach club is outstanding- I’ve had some struggles with the long irons both off the deck and tee and this has been a great comfort club to find greens or get close when I didn’t feel I could be successful with a 5/6i

This downhill fairway wood shot that was back left is a great example of the comfort level and execution with this club

A435575D-6503-45AE-9EEF-4F9092273A78.png
I highly recommend these for any golfer looking for some high launch monster fairway woods

I’ve said it all year but the fairways have been the best offering for me in an incredible lineup of Cobra equipment. Best news is that these are in sale now.

I apparently neglected to speak about the incredible success I had with these at the MC.

Since Mid Summer the 5w 17° with Helium XS has been a beast averaging 230 off the tee and 215 off the deck -straight fairway finder. Only hit one bad shot the MC with it and that was Alt Shot #9 and tugged it left and put @Jmk202 in the bush.

Scramble today had this bomb from the fairway that was in the rough off the green just passed the stick (8 yards to the pin)

View attachment 8974280
The 7w 23° has also been fantastic- the versatility that I have either flighting it high or mid off the tee and as a second shot approach club is outstanding- I’ve had some struggles with the long irons both off the deck and tee and this has been a great comfort club to find greens or get close when I didn’t feel I could be successful with a 5/6i

This downhill fairway wood shot that was back left is a great example of the comfort level and execution with this club

View attachment 8974294
I highly recommend these for any golfer looking for some high launch monster fairway woods
That freaking bush. It’s ok, I blame you not the 5w! That thing is a beast.

That freaking bush. It’s ok, I blame you not the 5w! That thing is a beast.
I blame me too.

Not for still being in the bush when it was my turn however 😂

I am still blown away by the FWs in this line, especially the 3w. I've never been able to really launch a 3 before these, but paired with the right shaft they launch and go for days. And off the tee? Faultless....

Hybrid has been a bit of a sleeper for me, but is an absolute weapon when it's on. Going to be a tough job to beat these I think.....

I am still blown away by the FWs in this line, especially the 3w. I've never been able to really launch a 3 before these, but paired with the right shaft they launch and go for days. And off the tee? Faultless....

Hybrid has been a bit of a sleeper for me, but is an absolute weapon when it's on. Going to be a tough job to beat these I think.....

I'm pondering picking up the Big Tour - they're on sale and some people had really good success with them - with how I'm hitting the woods seems like it would be cheating.

I love the hybrid .I hit it once and knew it is point and click. And it actually does sound like..... click.

I'm pondering picking up the Big Tour - they're on sale and some people had really good success with them - with how I'm hitting the woods seems like it would be cheating.
I tried one, but just couldn't get the launch out of it for some reason with a number of shafts. And the stiff Tensei Orange that went into the 3w I ended up with really shouldn't have worked but it did. Be interesting to see what the new line has to offer.

I've been pretty pleased with the 5 wood this year. It's been a beast turning it down to 17 degrees to play more like a 4 wood. Hits strong with a really good ball flight. I have been extremely happy with the setup and fits my bag pretty well.

I ran some clubs through a trackman session just to get the end of year numbers to track change over the year. Still really happy with the results out of this thing. Below are the numbers I pulled quickly from 9 or so shots. I pulled 1 out that was a bad heal shot but everything else was the same shot range I would have on the course ( some good, some perfect, some thin, etc. ).

1605621265482.png

And as a bonus, I snapped a quick video the other night during a range session. This is the 5w with my normal right to left ball flight. For fun, watch it a second time and listen close to the guy off camera trying to impress the girl 2 bays down. Its good for a chuckle.
View attachment VID_20201110_181956_01.mp4

Last edited:
Bought the big tour. Hard to tell distance as October and November golf tennis are in the low 40s and soft but surprisingly easy of the deck and long and forgiving off the tee.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Back