Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

For those that debated between the tour 5 wood and a hybrid, what made you lean one way or another?

I ultimately still went with tour 5 wood again but really cannot put my finger on why I like it better than the hybrid.

For those that debated between the tour 5 wood and a hybrid, what made you lean one way or another?

I ultimately still went with tour 5 wood again but really cannot put my finger on why I like it better than the hybrid.
For me it was purely the launch, I found the 5w so much easier to hit than the lower lofted hybrid. Found it slightly easier off the tee as well if required, although to be honest I would probably be just as comfortable with either. Both options incredibly easy to hit and inspire confidende.

Im still waiting for mine but ultimately im not a fan of hybrids and have much worse shots than I do with a fairway. I always think a hybrid would be nice to have for certain situations, but a 5w is more consistent for me

Also the distance and lofts of the Forged Tec I didnt see a use for a hybrid gapping wise

I went with the 2 hybrid for a couple reasons. The first being that the Tour 5w was on backorder according to Cobra's website. The second was I had a 5w last year and I loved it but after looking at Arccos stats I found I rarely used it. After trying the hybrid on the range I just loved how easy it was to hit which suprised me quite a bit because I am not a hybrid guy.

For me I think it came down to the fact that I "think" I will be able to use the 2H off the tee where I could not do so with the 5w. Being able to see the loft at address bothers me mentally and I just don't think I see it as much with the hybrid even though lofts are similar.

For me it was purely the launch, I found the 5w so much easier to hit than the lower lofted hybrid. Found it slightly easier off the tee as well if required, although to be honest I would probably be just as comfortable with either. Both options incredibly easy to hit and inspire confidende.

I had the same experience you did. I have never been a hybrid guy but the Cobra just looks and feels right for some reason. Was able to hit it long and with a really good looking shot shape and height. Its found a place in my back right above my 4i.

Yes the back order thing is pretty serious with the SZ tour 5. My estimated delivery date is April 19 and was one thing that made me debate getting a hybrid.

I went with the 2 hybrid for a couple reasons. The first being that the Tour 5w was on backorder according to Cobra's website. The second was I had a 5w last year and I loved it but after looking at Arccos stats I found I rarely used it. After trying the hybrid on the range I just loved how easy it was to hit which suprised me quite a bit because I am not a hybrid guy.

For me I think it came down to the fact that I "think" I will be able to use the 2H off the tee where I could not do so with the 5w. Being able to see the loft at address bothers me mentally and I just don't think I see it as much with the hybrid even though lofts are similar.

Same experience with these. My target is using the 3H at 19deg and then have a 5w turned down to 17 or 17.5 to make it more of a 4w. I am hoping it gaps nicely that way.

Yes the back order thing is pretty serious with the SZ tour 5. My estimated delivery date is April 19 and was one thing that made me debate getting a hybrid.
Its the only thing that made me even try it honestly. Shocker as well I went with the stock shaft :oops: it seemed like the perfect combo...imagine that haha

Its the only thing that made me even try it honestly. Shocker as well I went with the stock shaft :oops: it seemed like the perfect combo...imagine that haha
Sometimes the planets just align :ROFLMAO:

First time hitting these in a proper setting yesterday, and they performed better than I could have ever hoped they would. First time was into a par 5 off the fairway (which is a revelation in itself that I was playing off the fairway!) into a 35mph headwind. Hit it absolutely on the screws and it went completely dead straight down the pin. Arccos showed it only went 215, but with it being right into the teeth of a gale it would have easily been on the green in better weather. I'm a believer!

Hit the three wood off one tee which is an uphill par 4 of about 270 yards that all feeds right to left. It is driveable, but you can't see the green over the brow of the hill and danger lurks all round the green so played it safe. Gave the 3 wood a crack and it flew 250 into the greenside rough, absolutely astonishing...

5W.png3W.png

I really can't wait to get more time with these, they are absolute weapons, they really are.

Last edited:
That par 3 has a lot of teeth to it.

That par 3 has a lot of teeth to it.
It would have if I hadn't made a typo, is actually a par 4 :LOL: Apologies - will amend! It would be a brutal par 3 haha

It would have if I hadn't made a typo, is actually a par 4 :LOL: Apologies - will amend! It would be a brutal par 3 haha

Okay that makes a lot more sense. Keep enjoying the fairways. They look great this year.

Okay that makes a lot more sense. Keep enjoying the fairways. They look great this year.
Agreed, and I fully intend to be seeing a lot more of them this year.

The pics! Dang these are just mean looking. Love it! Really want to hit these.

I haven’t got them all out of the plastic, but Big Tour 3 and One Length Hybrids arrived today. They look super and I can’t wait to get out and start giving you all some feedback.
1CD35735-8F41-4D70-BEDB-F54257A473F2.jpeg7D004962-2381-46F7-9A89-4D12BAA6ACFE.jpeg

Last edited:
The matte finish on the hybrid is so good!

I like that you went all pink in the driver and woods.. They look great!

Back