Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

I have found (for me) moving the ball position slightly forward from 7i position is necessary for the one length hybrids. With OL, I tried to keep ball position the same as 7i for the first few rounds, but was topping the hybrids. Moving it slightly forward at the range really helped today.

Been playing the Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo driver, 3 wood and Halo 4 hybrid. The new Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9* driver is FIRMLY in the bag now. Just played the 1st round with the new Cobra Speedzone 3 wood today and it will be replacing the HB Turbo 3 wood. Played it in the 14.5* std setting today and will be playing it in the +1* draw setting Wednesday. It flew a little low today therefore the +1*, but it sure scooted.

My Cobra F9 3 and 5 fairways are supposed to come in today. Now my driver and fairways will be alike and hoping that may help slightly. I don't expect all that much because I know it is the person holding the shaft that makes the game, but one must have an excuse to buy clubs every now and then.

Dan has me curious about the fairways now. Ugh. I’m such a fairway ho.

Been playing the Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo driver, 3 wood and Halo 4 hybrid. The new Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9* driver is FIRMLY in the bag now. Just played the 1st round with the new Cobra Speedzone 3 wood today and it will be replacing the HB Turbo 3 wood. Played it in the 14.5* std setting today and will be playing it in the +1* draw setting Wednesday. It flew a little low today therefore the +1*, but it sure scooted.

I appreciate the feedback and opinion regarding the Xtreme and the Speedzone 3.
I currently have both those clubs as part of my Morgan Cup bag. What’s interesting is had I not received the new Cobra clubs, I would have been gaming the Cleveland HB Driver and 3 wood. I had hit the Clevelands so well when I demoed them last fall. Now, unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to get any work in with the new Cobra Xtreme and Speedzone 3w.

Played the Speedzone 3 wood today with the +1* draw setting. What a difference in performance from Monday's round. Hit it 4 times and all were a great launch, perfect height flight and 180 yds. Sure glad I changed it to the 15.5* draw setting. Didn't draw the ball but at address with the new setting, the 3 wood sat perfect to my eye. Love it. Also received the Speedzone 4 hybrid @ 21* yesterday and put it in play today. What a sweet 4 hybrid. Hit it 3 times today with 165 yd averages and a great flight.

Dan has me curious about the fairways now. Ugh. I’m such a fairway ho.

Have you hit the hybrids yet? If you haven't, you should. Not often a club leaves me speechless.

The big tour 3 wood has become my go to when I'm struggling with driver. It's so much straighter and I don't give my much distance versus driver.

The big tour 3 wood has become my go to when I'm struggling with driver. It's so much straighter and I don't give my much distance versus driver.
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Friday, I'm looking for this exact result. Do you play your driver at 12*?

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Friday, I'm looking for this exact result. Do you play your driver at 12*?
Currently my driver is at 9.5. I had played it at 11.5 when I first got it then after some lessons started launching it too high. I've changed shafts and with the current combination it was performing really well. I have since since more work on my irons lately and it's resulted in better iron shots but my driving going to crap. My big tour is set at 13.5 currently

Past Two rounds

Put the Fairways in play this past Saturday. 21* with UST Helium Black 5F5 and 24* with UST Helium Black 5F4

Conditions: Cold High 40s low 50s - Windy.

Course: First time last weekend, second time on Sunday significantly better scoring, 90 vs 83 (should have been sub 80)

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

Really happy with the shaft pairings, when I hit them (it's been a mixed bag) it's great mid-high launch off the tee and some pretty solid stopping power as well as being fairly accurate - moreso than I've experience with fairway metals in the past.

I've had more success with the 5w off of the tee - 100% FIR than I've had with the 7w 66% FIR.

Off the deck it's a different story - higher launch and ball flight with the 7i - my Cobra Connect distance is actually longer with the 7w but, that is mostly due to me not chunking/duffing the 7w off the deck.

I'm actually curious how much the shaft stiffness plays into that as the 21* has a 5F5 and the 24* has a 5F4.

Rails are great on the 7w - turf interaction has been super, both from the fairway and from the rough. Courses have been a little wetter and I think the rails are definitely helping in the 7w.

I won't be making any tweaks go forward, I am considering trying these with my HZRDUS red shafts at some point, but I am very content with the Helium shafts right now.

Past Two rounds

Put the Fairways in play this past Saturday. 21* with UST Helium Black 5F5 and 24* with UST Helium Black 5F4

Conditions: Cold High 40s low 50s - Windy.

Course: First time last weekend, second time on Sunday significantly better scoring, 90 vs 83 (should have been sub 80)

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

Really happy with the shaft pairings, when I hit them (it's been a mixed bag) it's great mid-high launch off the tee and some pretty solid stopping power as well as being fairly accurate - moreso than I've experience with fairway metals in the past.

I've had more success with the 5w off of the tee - 100% FIR than I've had with the 7w 66% FIR.

Off the deck it's a different story - higher launch and ball flight with the 7i - my Cobra Connect distance is actually longer with the 7w but, that is mostly due to me not chunking/duffing the 7w off the deck.

I'm actually curious how much the shaft stiffness plays into that as the 21* has a 5F5 and the 24* has a 5F4.

Rails are great on the 7w - turf interaction has been super, both from the fairway and from the rough. Courses have been a little wetter and I think the rails are definitely helping in the 7w.

I won't be making any tweaks go forward, I am considering trying these with my HZRDUS red shafts at some point, but I am very content with the Helium shafts right now.

Can’t wait to see how I do with the 5 and the 7. I got them both with the Helium too.

One of my friends got a new fairway and is letting me try his F9 Tour 13.5 with a Aldila NV shaft. Excited to get out and try it.

Big Tour Fwy today was not great for me but mostly swing related. I struggled to elevate it off the tee today but on one occasion I hit a rope draw that actually got some roll on a soggy fairway and went about 260 so thats promising. Chalking it up to first round rust.

Also only had 2 swings with the 2H and this club is going to be a sleeper me thinks. Today I saw a mid flight with a baby draw and its exactly what I am looking for from this club.

First round with my Morgan Cup clubs yesterday and the 3wood and Hybrids were up and down for me. I did have a 3 wood tee shot on a short dogleg where driver was definitely not in play and smoked it 233 yards. But, then had a fariway shot with it and topped the ball with it rolling to 130 yards. Indian not the arrow here.

Hybrids were also the same. Few good shots, few bad. Just need more time with them.

First round with my Morgan Cup clubs yesterday and the 3wood and Hybrids were up and down for me. I did have a 3 wood tee shot on a short dogleg where driver was definitely not in play and smoked it 233 yards. But, then had a fariway shot with it and topped the ball with it rolling to 130 yards. Indian not the arrow here.

Hybrids were also the same. Few good shots, few bad. Just need more time with them.

Nice to hear that you got out to play. Hope you enjoy your future rounds with the new Cobras.

The Big Tour 3 is still a bright star in my bag. I have it set at 12.5 degrees and it is very good for me as a second driver off the tee. The fact that I have been as good with it off the deck as my last 3 wood is awesome. If I recall, only one miss off the tee has been unplayable.
C07828CC-9B2E-485D-A5C9-7ACF8666EF38.pngthe hybrids (one length) have still been a struggle for me, but I do think I am getting netter

My tour 3 wood is still probably one of my favorite products in the 2020 Cobra lineup, but am still hanging out a bit too much on the toe for my liking. Really wishing I could get some range time in to navigate it and get back to the center.

That in mind, the results are outstanding for my inconsistent strikes. Even on the toe I can easily find the fairway, which is saying something for the second straight year on a tour model smaller head.

Pops has the big tour. We'll see what he's thinking this weekend about it.

Back