Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Two options, both variable and ONE Length and we have all of the details on the home page here.

Still one of my favorite soles in all of golf. I kept the F9 in the bag all year and am excited to see how this one performs compared to it.

The carbon fiber is surprisingly subtle too, and I think that's awesome.

I need to see these. The carbon fiber on the top is intriguing. Much like the F9 last year these aren't something I'd typically look at but after watching guy after guy play them and very well I might add they should not be eliminated based on looks alone.

Love the looks and can't wait to give them a swing or two.

Beautiful irons I really like the carbon fiber in the club. The price point is also fantastic and you get cobra connect.

Carbon placement totally intrigues me and I can't wait to see these in hand. I didn't try the previous version and feel like I missed out on something.

That is a ton of technology at that price point. I’m really interested in seeing the carbon fiber top line in person and seeing how the lower weight in the long irons feels in real world application. I also think that the switch from the Atmos graphite shaft used last year to the UST Recoil ESX is going to be a huge improvement.

Well now. That is a very interesting design. I’m going to have to find some time to swing these I think.

I like the concept and look forward to reviews. But why did they make the carbon fiber topline textured, like a lego block. I don't think that visual would work for me at all.

Awesome write-up Josh.

These are fantastic. I gamed the F9 line last year and they were definitely some distance monsters. The Carbon Fiber is interesting to me, especially in regards to Launch.

Updating the PWRShell face is HUGE, it was sooo good. For them to improve it is crazy, lowering the CG and making it faster is fantastic. Looking forward to hitting these.

I'm curious about the marketing photo at the bottom that says distance for variable length and control and accuracy for the OL.

I also like the different shafts in the OL offerings.

This intrigues me.

I wouldn't kick them out of bed. Curious if that carbon fiber topline will be distracting at address.

I wouldn't kick them out of bed. Curious if that carbon fiber topline will be distracting at address.

It was shockingly not to @Canadan or I as we laid them on the ground in setup position.

Tons of technology packed into these at an extremely reasonable price point. Looking forward to reading the THP feedback on these.

This intrigues me.
I thought the same thing. The sheer volume of technology and willingness to do things that buck some normal trends or how irons look and function has me very interested, despite not really being in a position where I want to get new irons.

I will definitely be looking at these irons.

Hmm, the carbon fiber top line is interesting to say the least. HAS to be a very different visual, but I think on irons of this class/size it’ll be a non issue. Hopefully the feel/sound from the F9 is still there because they were without a doubt the best feeling GI irons that I have EVER hit, and I’ve hit a few, haha.

Carbon fiber, very interesting.

Also, the price point that Cobra continues to target is super aggressive and I'm all for it.

Carbon fiber, very interesting.

Also, the price point that Cobra continues to target is super aggressive and I'm all for it.
Man, I agree on the price points. They’re going for it and the amount of tech in the clubs is as much if not MORE than those priced above them.

I really do think this is the year Cobra makes the most noise we have seen from them.

Man, I agree on the price points. They’re going for it and the amount of tech in the clubs is as much if not MORE than those priced above them.

I really do think this is the year Cobra makes the most noise we have seen from them.

It's smart. Makes them hard to ignore when standing in front of a bunch of similar irons priced hundreds more.

I’ll add in here, I recently rekindled my love of the F9 5i that plays as a 4i in my bag, so I’d love to hit these against that at some point.

Also put three of my kids into F9 irons last year I believed in them so much. Curious if I out

Awesome write-up Josh.

These are fantastic. I gamed the F9 line last year and they were definitely some distance monsters. The Carbon Fiber is interesting to me, especially in regards to Launch.

Updating the PWRShell face is HUGE, it was sooo good. For them to improve it is crazy, lowering the CG and making it faster is fantastic. Looking forward to hitting these.

I'm curious about the marketing photo at the bottom that says distance for variable length and control and accuracy for the OL.

I also like the different shafts in the OL offerings.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting the 4i vs my F9 4i both with Catalyst shafts and seeing if there is improvement, the F9 4i is a freaking MONSTER and to top that would blow my mind.

The use of carbon fiber in an iron is definitely super intriguing.

I liked the F9, but I haven't had a TON of experience playing with them, just a few swings. It would be fun to give these a shot. I see the pricing on the Forged Tec and the T Rail as being a bit more aggressive than these, but that's still solid given the tech.

Still, I respect the heck out of Cobra for going as technology-forward as they are in irons. That's what intrigues me the most. They're willing to take a step back and do something that is definitely different than anything on the market.

Maybe I missed it @JB In the article but price of one length graphite?

Back