Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Irons

@M2Giles @Nate<80 @jdtox @jlew2144 @mtbloco @gkeller813 @Canadan @OITW

Tried to tag a few of you guys for your thoughts/input.

I’ve had a terrible time with my driver and all of a sudden I can’t hit my hybrids and fairway wood off the tee to save my life. So I’ve decided to take out my hybrids and replace them with the 5 iron and 4 iron. But I’m not sure what I should do with the shafts. I plan on putting the kbs v tour steel into the 5 iron that I got fit for. However, I’m stuck on the 4 iron shaft. I’m going to be using it as a driving iron and wonder if it would be worth putting one of the graphite options into it.
Any thoughts.

Really liked the Catalyst in my F9 Speedback offering, better than in the Speedzone, for me. In my FT Utility I went with the Elevate 95 and I liked that better and it performs better than the set 4i with DG105 S300 shafts

I like having the 4 iron as a driving iron. I put in a Graphite Design Tour AD-HY and have hit some absolute rockets with it. Definitely a forgiving face.
Be sure to check the lie angle on it. They come a little upright.

I think I have finally got my distances dialed in pretty well with my Speedzone irons. My ball striking with irons has been much better the last 7-10 rounds, so that has certainly helped with not as many chunks to get the averages dialed in.

I am still getting some really great shots that are way longer than I am used to. 180 yard 8 irons shots are certainly not a norm for me. :ROFLMAO:

One club that I have not used or had as much need for is the 6 iron, distance wise my 7 iron is pretty close to it with only a 5 yard gap between those two clubs.

I made my order today.

Got the 4 iron with the true temper project x Catalyst 80 shaft.

Now I just have to wait a month for it to show up...I’m hoping the fact it’s just one iron maybe it will take less time.

I made my order today.

Got the 4 iron with the true temper project x Catalyst 80 shaft.

Now I just have to wait a month for it to show up...I’m hoping the fact it’s just one iron maybe it will take less time.
Cant wait to hear your thoughts once it comes in!

This was from yesterday. If I can do this with the six, can’t wait to see what the 4 will do, only have to wait 8 more weeks for them to make it and ship.

Attachments

• D6898B4E-765C-400D-B587-5E2608C50DFB.jpeg
    D6898B4E-765C-400D-B587-5E2608C50DFB.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 26
My last few rounds I have really been striking the ball well with my Speedzone irons. 7 and 8 iron continue to surprise me sometimes with the length I am getting out of them when I get a great shot. 20 yards over the green certainly surprises me :ROFLMAO:. Each of the Speedzones are a club to 1.5 more in distance than what I was used to getting out of my old clubs.

The Catalyst shafts that I have in these make them feel and look 🔥🔥🔥

Hello - I see there is a new driver and Tour iron coming out. Is the SZ iron also being replaced? Thank you

Man the 4i was a weapon last weekend!! One thing to change though for me that was suggested by Jose was to put a hybrid shaft in it instead of the catalyst 80 I have in there now so the ball flight wasn't so affected by wind. The ball flight for me is pretty high. That shot I hit on Saturday on our approach during shamble on 18 really was affected by the wind that caused it to go in the water.

Man the 4i was a weapon last weekend!! One thing to change though for me that was suggested by Jose was to put a hybrid shaft in it instead of the catalyst 80 I have in there now so the ball flight wasn't so affected by wind. The ball flight for me is pretty high. That shot I hit on Saturday on our approach during shamble on 18 really was affected by the wind that caused it to go in the water.
As far as ball flight with the 4i Catalyst combo, I'm seeing the same thing you mention. Cant believe how high it goes, especially off the tee. It still gets out there, but could definitely see how wind could affect it.

I dont play enough in wind to justify a change, because I hit the current combo so well. But if I did, this is a good nugget of information. You think you'll make the change? If so, any shafts you have in mind?

As far as ball flight with the 4i Catalyst combo, I'm seeing the same thing you mention. Cant believe how high it goes, especially off the tee. It still gets out there, but could definitely see how wind could affect it.

I dont play enough in wind to justify a change, because I hit the current combo so well. But if I did, this is a good nugget of information. You think you'll make the change? If so, any shafts you have in mind?
Right now? No, my golf season is basically over here as we reach 30* temps now. If I'm lucky I'll get to play one or two more times maybe. I haven't really done much research into hybrid shafts yet. I might look at the Aldila Rogue or Mitsubishi Tensei line though

Right now? No, my golf season is basically over here as we reach 30* temps now. If I'm lucky I'll get to play one or two more times maybe. I haven't really done much research into hybrid shafts yet. I might look at the Aldila Rogue or Mitsubishi Tensei line though
Our fall has been nice here so far in Ohio...but I know it wont last much longer :(

You struck that ball really solid. That wind was NO JOKE!

That was a great shot Cap. Distance was exactly what you wanted, but the wind certainly started gusting there on the back 9 that day and took off with that one.

Seeing some of the guys with the 4 iron this weekend and the shots made with them, and the love of the 4 iron by so many on the forum, I am going to pick one up here pretty soon. (y)

That was a great shot Cap. Distance was exactly what you wanted, but the wind certainly started gusting there on the back 9 that day and took off with that one.

Seeing some of the guys with the 4 iron this weekend and the shots made with them, and the love of the 4 iron by so many on the forum, I am going to pick one up here pretty soon. (y)
It's been great for me off the tee. Anyone hit it much off the fairway at the MC that you noticed?

4i with the catalyst hits it so high even bent a few degrees strong. thats not a bad idea with the utility shaft.

Last edited:
Back