Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Irons

I’ve had these irons for about a month. Love the feel the distance the looks.

Decided to try some paintfill on my Speedzones!

B9A87EB5-EB21-4A4F-A754-920A7E6299A3.jpeg

I started looking into getting a set of these in one length and was wondering if anyone has hit them in the stock kbs steel against the stock recoil graphite. Was wondering if they were similar flight or if one flew a little higher then the other.

I know I am late to the party of owning a Speedzone 4iron, but I got one for Xmas and finally got it into play today. One shot in particular was on a par 5 and was just to side of green after a 216 yard strike from a bit of rough on right side.

The 4i continues to be an absolute weapon on tight par 4's. Used it off the tee on a hole I'm never in a good position on, and it put me in just about the best spot I could be in. As I continue to think my way around the course, instead of just always pulling driver, this will help me score better, no question.

4 shots with the Speedzone 4i today.

3 off the tee: 196 yds, 196 yds 195 yds. Talk about consistent! Not the furthest someone will hit a 4i, but I play it on short, tight par 4's, and it is money. No worries. Just missed the fairway on the 1st, one, but only by a yard or 2.

Then, i usually don't do this, but I hit one off the fairway on a par 5, and I got this shot :oops:

(its noted in Arccos as my 3i, so I can track)
Screenshot_20210325-134314.jpg

It would be cool of you did a DYI on this. Well done
Thanks! Paint fill is still holding up great through several rounds the last couple months.

It is really pretty easy to do. I grabbed a bottle of Testors model enamel paint from a nearby craft store. Found it was cheaper locally vs. Amazon etc.

Cleaned the club in the area around the number where I wanted the paint to fill and used a small paint brush to place a small amount of paint into and around the number on the club. I wasn't too careful to only get paint inside the number, but if you have steady enough hands you may be able to. I found, placing paint on and around the numbers worked out fine for me.

I let the paint dry a few hours, then went over it with some cotton swabs and some isopropyl alcohol which will remove any that got outside the number with some rubbing to remove the excess. I repeated this process a few times so the paint was built up a bit and was done. :cool:

I think the SZ 8i might be my favorite club ever. 7i is moving up the list, too.

I had originally built my Speedzone 4i with the catalyst 80 shaft because I had heard such great things about pairing it with the graphite shafts. I had one monster hit with it(259) but everything else was just garbage. So this week I finally switched it out for the matching KBS shaft with my other irons. I played the ball slightly back from where I would and opened my stance just slightly, was absolutely crushing it really excited.

20210820_001249.jpg

20210819_204628.jpg

4i still in the bag with a few new shafts and still crazy off the tee.

It's lofted down to like 18* and still flies like a 7i, lol. 250-260 off the tee all day.

Old thread I know, but will finally be replacing my SZ OL irons in a few weeks. The irons have been phenomenal over the course of the last few seasons. I’ve gone from a mid teens handicap, to hovering around 10 when playing normally. This past season was filled with life, so I didn’t get the chance to play nearly as much as I would have liked.

According to Arccos I’ve got close to 7500 shots on my MC bag and it’s been an absolute blast to play. The irons instilled confidence and made playing fun without having to worry too much about set up.

I wanted so badly to stay in OL but my fitter and I were unable to keep spin down throughout the bag. I will be letting another THPer try out this set in the next couple months, not only for the OL perspective but also the SZ line and I’m certain he’ll enjoy them as much as I did.

Put my Speedzone 4i with a Catalyst 80 shaft back in the bag for my round yesterday. Forgot how fun this club can be!!

Back