Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Irons

I am doing this exact replacement right now. My very preliminary feeling is that the SZ is more forgiving on off-center strikes, especially low on the face. I can’t really compare distances right now because both are missile launchers, and the F9 his a Catalyst 80 in it and the SZ currently has the stock KBS Tour 90, so it’s not a similar build. I should have the SZ built up with a graphite shafts by the end of this week, and then I’ll be able to provide better feedback.
Is this why you bought 2?

Is this why you bought 2?
It is not. I’ll only have one SpeedZone 4i in the bag this year. But it looks like both 4i builds should be done in about a week or two, and then all will be explained.

It is not. I’ll only have one SpeedZone 4i in the bag this year. But it looks like both 4i builds should be done in about a week or two, and then all will be explained.
You're keeping me intrigued on this one @BigDill cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

Last edited:
4i bent 1 weak w/ Catalyst in X has been ordered ?

4i bent weak will be here Monday (y)(y)(y)

4i bent weak will be here Monday (y)(y)(y)
I just dropped the two 4 irons off to be built this morning. Should have them by the weekend.

I just dropped the two 4 irons off to be built this morning. Should have them by the weekend.
Still looking forward to seeing why you got 2!!

Cobra SpeedZone 4 iron
UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Prototype F4 Custom Yellow logo
BB&F ferrule
Lamkin UTX Midsize Grip with Cobra Connect
39.5 inch length

View attachment FullSizeRender.MOV

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
But why two?? Do you get mad and throw coins sometimes?? ??

So the reason I had two built...

I was an unabashed fan of the F9 4i last year, and since I have switched over to playing Recoil shafts in my irons recently, I really wanted to get one into my driving iron. What better way to do that than to plug one into a new SpeedZone 4i head. I was chatting with the fellas that are participating in the UST Mamiya Distance Bash about how I was going to have it built, and one thing lead to another, and two were built. One for me, and one to be part of a participant give away during the Distance Bash. We are still working out some details, but the second one was built for you guys, the THP faithful who follow along and support the forum members who get these wonderful experiences, but to also show a bit of appreciation for UST Mamiya and Cobra in the process. I would recommend following along in the Distance Bash thread and maybe one of these clubs will make it into your bag this season.

I was an unabashed fan of the F9 4i last year, and since I have switched over to playing Recoil shafts in my irons recently, I really wanted to get one into my driving iron. What better way to do that than to plug one into a new SpeedZone 4i head. I was chatting with the fellas that are participating in the UST Mamiya Distance Bash about how I was going to have it built, and one thing lead to another, and two were built. One for me, and one to be part of a participant give away during the Distance Bash. We are still working out some details, but the second one was built for you guys, the THP faithful who follow along and support the forum members who get these wonderful experiences, but to also show a bit of appreciation for UST Mamiya and Cobra in the process. I would recommend following along in the Distance Bash thread and maybe one of these clubs will make it into your bag this season.
They turned out beautifully!! :cool:(y)

Heck of a gesture @BigDill !! I'll be following along regardless but looking forward to your review of this as I have a F9 4 iron set up similarly and I love it.

Heck of a gesture @BigDill !! I'll be following along regardless but looking forward to your review of this as I have a F9 4 iron set up similarly and I love it.
Not just me but the entire group of guys. Its a team thing. I was reluctant to say much before it all came together.

This club looks amazing in person. Next step is to get it out on the range and give it a few swings.

Cobra SpeedZone 4 iron
UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Prototype F4 Custom Yellow logo
BB&F ferrule
Lamkin UTX Midsize Grip with Cobra Connect
39.5 inch length

View attachment 8925927

View attachment 8925924View attachment 8925925View attachment 8925926

Have you had a chance to hit these and get some numbers from them?
I enjoy my F9 4i but I went with the matching KBS shaft because it matched pretty well with the rest of the set. Always wondered if I should have tried it with an atmos or recoil.

I ordered a set of F9’s and got sent these in the same specs instead. Soooooo, I’ll post some thoughts after I get to play them

I ordered a set of F9’s and got sent these in the same specs instead. Soooooo, I’ll post some thoughts after I get to play them
Oh wow, they just sent you these instead??

Oh wow, they just sent you these instead??

Yeah, ordered from GolfUSA Manhattan and shipped straight from Cobra

Yeah, ordered from GolfUSA Manhattan and shipped straight from Cobra
That’s freaking awesome. BIG win there!

That’s freaking awesome. BIG win there!

What’s sad is I didn’t even notice at first. I hit a couple with the GW and put it down. I noticed it when I started taking the plastic off the others

Back