Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
For years now the members and readers of THP have continuously asked Cobra Golf one specific question without relenting. Do you plan on releasing putters?

The answer has always been the same, that the costs versus the benefits of getting into traditional putter design and production just wasn’t worth it as they wouldn’t put their name on just anything. That was the answer, until the Cobra KING SuperSport 35 Putter.

Today is a new day and if you have been paying attention, this a new Cobra, one not afraid of reinvention and disruption in a golf industry that so desperately clings to doing things the way that they always have just for the sake of it. Joining forces with HP and Parmatech, Cobra Golf has created and will be releasing a putter unlike anything an OEM has ever released, a 3D printed one. ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
So exciting!! The tech story here is so cool

Like JDtox said, the story on it is just cool and it can lead to so much for Cobra in this segment.

Now that's interesting. I like the look and SIK of the face. Even the rolled heel and toe a little. Feels kind of like a concept thing brought to reality. Cool.

I love that Cobra is entering this segment. I love that they are doing it in such a cutting edge way. I do not like that $399 price point.

interesting, I wish there was options with the length.

I’m not a buyer at the limited release price point, but this is seriously cool stuff!!! Although I hope nobody goes out and grabs a SuperSport 35 not realizing it only comes in 34”! 😆

I am super interested. Let’s do this!

Awesome release. I have been following National Custom Works Putters on instagram for a while and they 3D print all their putters so it is exciting to see someone like Cobra begin doing so. The options truly are close to limitless with 3D printing so I am excited to follow this story line.
I see this is a limited release and in following NCW putters they often mention that from a cost standpoint it is cheaper to go the traditional way when mass producing putters but when it comes to customization and small batches 3D printing has an advantage. Will Cobra only be releasing small batches of there putters or is it something they plan on mass producing in the future?

That is seriously one of the coolest things to come out in the industry in quite some time. The video with the sound was great but I'm so curious how it feels. Is it more of a milled or insert feel? I have to imagine they could create new designs and make them production ready extremely quickly compared to traditional design and manufacturing processes. I love everything about this! I wish it wasn't limited at first because I would love to see on in person and compare to more traditionally produced putters.

Now you guys have me super curious about what other products they have coming down the pipeline from this.

I think it is cool Cobra is coming out with a putter. It is good they are doing something different, new, and unique..

It is strange looking to me but, hey if it works right?? I am playing a pretty ugly putter at the moment. So I cant judge..

This might be my first premium putter purchase. I’ve been waiting on Cobra to bring out a putter and they did not disappoint!! She’s a beaut!!!

That is seriously one of the coolest things to come out in the industry in quite some time. The video with the sound was great but I'm so curious how it feels. Is it more of a milled or insert feel? I have to imagine they could create new designs and make them production ready extremely quickly compared to traditional design and manufacturing processes. I love everything about this! I wish it wasn't limited at first because I would love to see on in person and compare to more traditionally produced putters.

Now you guys have me super curious about what other products they have coming down the pipeline from this.

I would say kind of both?
I know that doesn't help, but I would lean towards more of a milled feeling, or firm insert.

We heard this was coming at the MC but James' review has the details you want. Great work, James!

I've been a mid to full mallet guy for a while. But I've been thinking about a blade putter so this has me intrigued. I like the looks and the sound off the face really suits my ear. I love that part of the review and hope is stays as part of putter (and ball) reviews in the future.

Ooooooooooh, now this is interesting...!! I'm not 100% sold on the look as yet, but I'm sure it would grow on me. Like others have said, is a shame this will be initially so limited, would be great to give them a roll and see what's what.

I love this concept. In an extremely crowded putter space, this is certainly a unique and cutting edge approach to design and production. Hopefully I will get to try one, but I am already a fan for both this putter, and what this could mean for putter design going forward.

Cool design and tech behind this one. Always wondered when Cobra would release another putter. Well worth the wait by the look of it

I really really want to get my hands on one of these! Love the story behind this one. Well done on the feature James!

I love that Cobra is entering this segment. I love that they are doing it in such a cutting edge way. I do not like that $399 price point.
Too low it’s viewed as cheap. Too high it’s viewed as out of its place. This is why putters are hard.

Two things that imo merit the price. 1) It’s super super limited and never done before by an OEM, 2) The partnership with SIK alone on the face

This is awesome! I'm guessing this was discussed at the Morgan Cup? Did they have one for players to try?

I had never heard of that Descending Loft face technology from SIK before. That sounds like a pretty slick way to make a putter more versatile.

This is very futuristic looking and what a cool tech story. I think I dig it.

That is way different looking but interesting at the same time.

Back