Cobra King Tec Hybrid

Easily the club I want the most right now. Those new Titleist T200 irons are close, but yep, this thing looks great.

I have been contemplating replacing my king 3H and this looks like the perfect replacement.
The Pga superstore in Framingham has them so I will probably take a ride and hit it before buying one.

this one seems to be getting some early momentum. not loving the two tone look though.

this one seems to be getting some early momentum. not loving the two tone look though.
I didnt like it in the pictures either. In hand, at least at setup, it is really pretty subtle.

Ohhh man the two tone look is one of my favorite parts about it! Has F8 vibes!

The local gg has them to test. Headed there tomorrow. Was initially thinking adding a RadSpeed 3hybrid to the stable but pretty sure this will win out.

Looks like it goes back to the Baffler days to me. I loved the old DWS hybrid

Attachments

• cobra-baffler-dws-r-hybrid-.jpg
    cobra-baffler-dws-r-hybrid-.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 16
This looks a lot like the (Criminally underrated) King OS hybrid to me, but with some adjustability.

Thoughts after playing it? Face looks close but could be photo angle. I really kind of like the looks. Did you play with the weights at all?
I literally got one swing before Morgan hurt her knee so it will be a bit. But we will have a full video coming next week.

Was able to test today and snapped a few photos for those interested. It is definitely larger than the RadSpeed hybrid but the coloring hides it well at address in my opinion.

IMG_2524.JPGIMG_2525.JPG

From a performance standpoint I really enjoyed it. As seen below, the King Tec 3h (yellow) gapped really well with the RadSpeed 4h (orange). Both me and the buddy I was with agreed it felt a little softer/hotter than the RadSpeed. I had very little trouble getting it to launch, at least for my abilities.

Those shots were taken with the weights in the neutral setting and I was hitting it mostly right down the line. (I was aiming 40' right of the target line at the Top Tracer range as I like to pick out trees as target lines, not the flag, with longer clubs. I'm a golfer therefore a bit of a headcase). My buddy was having a bit of trouble squaring it up so we put the weight in the heel. I didn't grab a photo but it worked him out straighter and put a little baby draw on my attempts which was nice to see. Seeing how we both reacted to the weights, I feel the adjustability makes this a potential winner at this spot in the bag.

IMG_2526.JPGIMG_2527.JPG

That hybrid looks pretty fancy. Kind of a bummer they lost the T-Rails but there can only be so much real estate on the sole there I suppose.

I think this would replace my UT - hard pondering this one 🤔

From a performance standpoint I really enjoyed it. As seen below, the King Tec 3h (yellow) gapped really well with the RadSpeed 4h (orange). Both me and the buddy I was with agreed it felt a little softer/hotter than the RadSpeed. I had very little trouble getting it to launch, at least for my abilities.

Those shots were taken with the weights in the neutral setting and I was hitting it mostly right down the line. (I was aiming 40' right of the target line at the Top Tracer range as I like to pick out trees as target lines, not the flag, with longer clubs. I'm a golfer therefore a bit of a headcase). My buddy was having a bit of trouble squaring it up so we put the weight in the heel. I didn't grab a photo but it worked him out straighter and put a little baby draw on my attempts which was nice to see. Seeing how we both reacted to the weights, I feel the adjustability makes this a potential winner at this spot in the bag.

View attachment 9014234View attachment 9014235

great feedback/pics thnx!

was this with the stock mmt shaft?

how does your other hybrid launch and what shaft do you have in that?

woukd probably put a nice mid penetrating shaft in ala a KBS TGI in there

After an extended hiatus from golf (joys of infants and work) I decided to come back. First thing I saw was Cobra having a new hybrid so swung by the local edwin watts to pick it up and see how it is.

People are posted pictures but definitely larger than my speedzone 4 hybrid by a decent amount. The big thing I've noticed is it sits more open compared to the speedzone. If anything I would say it sits square and the speedzone sits a bit closed. Feel wise it has a different sound that I attribute to the carbon crown.

Launch and spin wise I really don't have an apples to apples comparison with the speedzone having more loft (21* vs 19*) and stiffer heavier shaft (pro white vs stock). I would say it feels like the Tec has a more forward flight compared to the speedzone with a bit lower launch.

I haven't messed with the weights or hosel settings yet. Just have it in stock setting and the "forward" setting.

I'll be heading out to the course on Monday (thankfully taking a break from work) and will probably see how it feels on the course.

was this with the stock mmt shaft?

how does your other hybrid launch and what shaft do you have in that?
Both the the forged tec (yellow data) and my current the RadSpeed 4 hybrid (orange shots) had the MMT stiff shaft in them. It comes stock with the forged Tec and as a no-up charge option for the RadSpeed.
Given it was the same shaft I feel it was a solid comparison. Both from the top tracer numbers and just my experience the launch seemed similar with both hybrids. The forged Tec launched maybe a touch lower which is to be expected as the lofts were different but the peak heights were pretty similar.

I finally caved.... 3 hybrid is incoming

So thoughts on this is that it's pretty hot of the face and comes out quite flat. Have it in the forward setting so will need to see if the other settings change the characteristics.

The stock shaft actually feels pretty nice as well.

1.jpg2.jpg

So, this little beauty arrived yesterday! 5 hybrid, which plays at 24 degrees. The photos don't really do it justice, it's sleek and mean looking and feels fantastic. I had it to the range just to hit a few yesterday evening to get some thoughts before taking it to the course. For some reason it had a bit of a tendency to go right which is the opposite of most hybrids for me, but with a bit of tinkering on ball position it straightened up nicely and this thing is a launcher! I'm going to have to crank the loft a degree or so to fit in with my gapping I think, it was carrying just under 200 yards which is about 10-15 more than I was needing it to do. It sets up beautifully square, and the flight feels quite flat and piercing, but with plenty of height to stop on greens. I am looking forward to getting to know this wee fella very much indeed!

Only a couple of shots hit with this on the course last night, but I'll just leave this here.

Par 3, into a howling wind, 175 to the back so probably playing 190ish. Pin tucked right at the back right over a bunker - usually I would be happy to walk off this hole with a bogey.

10th.png

Mic drop...

Another few rounds with this guy in the bag and I'm quite impressed.

Flight doesn't feel quite as forward as I was initially seeing and I think I was delofting it a bit before. As I've gotten more comfortable with it launch has come up but the spin feels like it has stayed pretty manageable.

Overall I really like this club. It doesn't pop into the air but has a flight I enjoy seeing. It feels quite hot off the face which feels very nice. It has a great sound from the carbon crown.

For those who fear the left side, I think you need to try this hybrid. It sits very square and has the ability to impart some extra fade bias. It also feels like it has a flatter lie angle than a lot of other hybrids. The adjustability is nice to know it's there but I still haven't touched anything.

Lastly, as a bit of shaft tinkerer who usually goes way too stiff and heavy, the stock shaft feels pretty nice. It doesn't feel loose or stiff and the club overall feels quite balanced. That said, cobra usually has an amazing no upcharge list if you don't mind waiting for stock refills.

This club will be in my bag for a long time. I’m able to hit it a bit lower off the tee if I need to find the fairway. Both times off the deck today got the launch I’m looking for. The adjustability piece is just the icing on the cake for me. I haven’t seen any of it being hook biased which my past hybrid would dabble in.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed tinkering a bit with the weights yesterday at the range. Really fun to see how it impacted the flight and feels. Having the flexibility of the adjustments means that even if I adjust elsewhere on the top end I can likely fit this one in.

Back