Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in January, we got a look at the new Cobra KING Tour irons with MIM technology at the PGA Show. Then a couple of months later, a pandemic happened that changed the landscape of the golf industry. Today, these irons that have been often discussed, but not available, become official.

1both1-1024x692.jpg

Metal Injection Molding (MIM) technology is not brand new, but we are seeing it more and more due to the precision that it creates. Most recently for Cobra, their wedge designs have been gaining in popularity in part due to the precision shaping and overall performance. Unlike traditional forging or casting, MIM manufacturing utilizes few...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
All in on MIM!!!

(Need to read the article) lol

Pre order is up on the Cobra golf site

Beautiful.

Cobra doing some cool stuff. This process seems pretty solid.

Great write-up JB.

Makes so much sense moving the MIM production process from wedges into irons, playing the wedges, which are super soft, excited to give these a whirl. I also like the tungsten weight in the toe giving it the perfect CG and the rubber vibration dampening in the back.

Absolutely CANNOT wait to hit these

Finally!!! Those look so so good. I don't know if they are for me anymore but I WILL be testing them.

• Admin
Finally!!! Those look so so good. I don't know if they are for me anymore but I WILL be testing them.

I remember when we were in Orlando back in January and got a taste of these. You were pretty darn excited.

I really like the looks of these. Very curious to see how they feel at contact.

Great write-up JB.

Makes so much sense moving the MIM production process from wedges into irons, playing the wedges, which are super soft, excited to give these a whirl. I also like the tungsten weight in the toe giving it the perfect CG and the rubber vibration dampening in the back.

Absolutely CANNOT wait to hit these

Neither can Bart Scott :LOL:

I see them in the bag of a few Morgan Cuppers next year. They look good!! I know some of us wanted to try them really bad this season, but for understandable reasons we didn't get to see or try them out.

I remember when we were in Orlando back in January and got a taste of these. You were pretty darn excited.
I was because MIM is so good. That being said I'm glad they didn't get released because I would have missed out on Forged Tec most likely.

Also in hand pic...
IMG_5502.jpeg

Love the Silver/Black color scheme. Cavity looks great. This and the Forged Tec are beautiful.

These look fantastic and the MiM process is fascinating!

I love the looks of these and the tech built in. Awesome!

MIM technology in a players iron seems like a great combination! I would like to see a head to head comparison between these, the new Apex CB, 921 Tour, T100, and P7MC.

Really enjoy how these look. And, bringing the MIM from the wedges to the irons should create great feel, and consistency, for those that demand it. Cant wait to hear how these play for those that try them out.

I like the look of these a lot. The Forged Tour set I received a few years ago at the Morgan Cup is still one of my favorite iron sets I've had so I really want to give these some swings to compare to what I saw with those.

Look great, and the MIM wedges feel great! Cobra's R&D guys are doing stuff I don't see or hear about from the other OEMs and I think its super exciting.

Where do these fall in the spectrum of irons? Players CB? Players distance?

Back