Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I don't have the same experience with a lot of golf clubs as some of you, but the only thing I've hit that I like as well is the Titleist 718CB. I don't have the game to play them in the 5-6 iron. I do feel these provide much more forgiveness on low strikes.

Screw it. Going Elevate X100 in onyx. Pulling all the heads now.

Screw it. Going Elevate X100 in onyx. Pulling all the heads now.
I was just going to vote for the 115’s but knowing how much u like the elevates that is probably the right decision

I was just going to vote for the 115’s but knowing how much u like the elevates that is probably the right decision
The 115’s aren’t leaving the Miura’s, which are still firmly the front runners for my bag in 2021 :love:

What do we think THP?

B1B24A80-88FC-4A0B-BC11-A30B277A488B.jpeg

2nd from the left. 😜

Shorty with teal and orange

2ndswing have done a players cavity group test and these did amazingly on dispersion. Definitely recommend watching it, I really like the 2ndswing reviews, very subjective data driven reviews as opposed to a lot of the opinionated YouTube reviews.
Interesting group of clubs which gives you an idea of where they belong.
He had a lot of positive comments on the Cobras with regard to feel and forgiveness.
Feel wise he said that the Mizunos and Callaway X Forged CB feel incredibly soft, but tbh I'm not sure there's much in it for all the forged/MIM irons in the test. I've only hit the P7MC and JPX921 Tours and they felt very similar to me which is hardly surprising.
Looking forward to testing these when they come to the UK, I think the options for my bag are reducing with this being a contender for sure.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go second from right. All awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice little comparison. I really enjoyed the Apex Pro 19 irons and with these having a smidge more spin and a bit more confidence inspiring address profile......has me all :unsure::unsure::unsure:

@Jman May I ask, how would you compare these irons to the Apex Pro 19? I bought the Callys based largely on your praise and I wasn't disappointed.

Thanks in advance.

Got away for a quick 9. 25 mph winds. These are so good. It’s fun to have something in hand that feels like a tool to be able to score, even in such conditions.

@Jman May I ask, how would you compare these irons to the Apex Pro 19? I bought the Callys based largely on your praise and I wasn't disappointed.

Thanks in advance.
I hope the Pro’s in extremely high regard to this day for sure.

I think that there are a lot of similarities for me. The feel is there, and then some. The ease of launch and work is there. Distance is solid for a players CB. I do see less offset in the MIM and I love that.

Short version, they both be real good. :ROFLMAO:

I hope the Pro’s in extremely high regard to this day for sure.

I think that there are a lot of similarities for me. The feel is there, and then some. The ease of launch and work is there. Distance is solid for a players CB. I do see less offset in the MIM and I love that.

Short version, they both be real good. :ROFLMAO:
That is what draws me to these. The head shaping and minimal offset with a head size that doesn’t seem too small or too large. Graily...

Oh! And....

96A3304E-1CAB-46A8-A77C-8E3306C2D832.jpeg

D25D54A4-0970-46D2-831E-068700489491.jpeg

That is what draws me to these. The head shaping and minimal offset with a head size that doesn’t seem too small or too large. Graily...
You are identifying exactly why these are such a good fit for me. Very little offset with a blade length that gives me some comfort. It is an ideal combo for me.

You are identifying exactly why these are such a good fit for me. Very little offset with a blade length that gives me some comfort. It is an ideal combo for me.
Am I correct you have/had the MP-20 irons? If so, how do you compare these to those?

Another interesting comparison....

Am I correct you have/had the MP-20 irons? If so, how do you compare these to those?
I posted some comparison pics in the thread above. The obvious direct comparison would be with the MMCs. Personally, I do not believe that there is much difference between the two, in terms of numbers and playability. They both feel absolutely great to me. I would describe the Cobras as feeling a bit more dense and the MMCs a bit softer, but it is so much splitting hairs because they both are among the best feeling irons I have hit. They both have some tungsten weighting in the 7 and longer irons.

I honestly think I get the same performance out of either. I am going with the Cobras because Cobra has a special place for me. I love Arccos and the Cobra Connect is my favorite way of using Arccos (meaning I like the sensor in the grips) and I have an account through Cobra that is grandfathered in terms of no annual fee. Finally, the Cobras have a graphite shaft (Recoil 110) that is a bit easier on my body.

Last edited:
Back