Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

Really looking forward to seeing these in hand, our local shop probably won’t have them until February sometime unfortunately. Really want to get my hands on a set

Really looking forward to seeing these in hand, our local shop probably won’t have them until February sometime unfortunately. Really want to get my hands on a set
I think you’ll be totally impressed. They’re something special

I know once I got them they will be tough not to order

I think you’ll be totally impressed. They’re something special

I know once I got them they will be tough not to order
I don’t think I have read one unfavorable review/response from anybody who has tried them. Cobra has done something special here.

I can't find anything bad to say about them. I do worry about my ball striking with the 4-5 iron (5 iron is my go to when things go bad) but the feel is superb to everything not named Titleist 620CB (not sure why the love affair but its real)

I don’t think I have read one unfavorable review/response from anybody who has tried them. Cobra has done something special here.
There was one YouTube idiot....:ROFLMAO:;)

There was one YouTube idiot....:ROFLMAO:;)
He’s in golf review purgatory, as far as I’m concerned. He is disenfranchised as a voter.

Hard ball, soft ball, whatever I hit these with out here today, they feel

Initial and sure to evolve impressions from first round:

They really do feel amazing. I played a few different balls they sound and feel great across the spectrum. They sound and feel thumpy, too. Very satisfying.

Seemed pretty forgiving. I was kind of good shot bad shot today, and didn't get beat up too bad by the mishits. Jury is out so far on the tungsten toe and cg and stuff for me though. Not enough shots and more uneven results than usual for me today.

They look great obviously, and I had almost forgot with everything being matte/satin lately how well chrome wipes off on course. Loved that in the muck today. Even the grooves cleaned out noticeably easier on these for some reason.

Launch and spin were really consistent, and as expected. No surprises. Right near where I like them with very little release, but nothing excessive for spin in the scoring clubs. Could still rip the wedge if needed based one attempt though. Didn't really have any doubts on this leading in after hitting them so much on monitor, but always nice to see that transfer out in the real.

Soles were fine in the muck, and really like the shape of the short clubs. Big fan of the progressive height on them. Provides comfort to a launch lunatic. ;)

Highly individual and probably nitpicky complaints:

Feedback. That amazing feeling came at a bit of a cost for me. This is something that I'm sure people will disagree with, but it's individual perspective based, and compared to some others I've tried recently it was a lot harder to tell exactly where on the face I was. Not bad as a whole, but not as good. Kind of the opposite of how the ZX7 impressed me on that. TPU doing its job maybe a tad too good for my taste, but no big deal.

Last edited:

They really do feel amazing. I played a few different balls they sound and feel great across the spectrum. They sound and feel thumpy, too. Very satisfying.

Seemed pretty forgiving. I was kind of good shot bad shot today, and didn't get beat up too bad by the mishits. Jury is out so far on the tungsten toe and cg and stuff for me though. Not enough shots and more uneven results than usual for me today.

They look great obviously, and I had almost forgot with everything being matte/satin lately how well chrome wipes off on course. Loved that in the muck today. Even the grooves cleaned out noticeably easier on these for some reason.

Launch and spin were really consistent, and as expected. No surprises. Right near where I like them with very little release, but nothing excessive for spin in the scoring clubs. Could still rip the wedge if needed based one attempt though. Didn't really have any doubts on this leading in after hitting them so much on monitor, but always nice to see that transfer out in the real.

Soles were fine in the muck, and really like the shape of the short clubs. Big fan of the progressive height on them. Provides comfort to a launch lunatic. ;)

Feedback. That amazing feeling came at a bit of a cost for me. This is something that I'm sure people will disagree with, but it's individual perspective based, and compared to some others I've tried recently it was a lot harder to tell exactly where on the face I was. Not bad as a whole, but not as good. Kind of the opposite of how the ZX7 impressed me on that. TPU doing its job maybe a tad too good for my taste, but no big deal.
Great feedback

Hey, great feedback my man!

Thanks for writing this. Funny you mentioned the chrome. It does clean really well in the winter muck. Wipe with a microfiber towel and go.

Great first thoughts. How was the turf interaction vs the zx7? Or was it too mucky to really tell?

Great first thoughts. How was the turf interaction vs the zx7? Or was it too mucky to really tell?
It's really hard to compete with the V Soles, so it feels kind of unfair to compare them. I'm sure you can appreciate a thinner sole since you play MB's, and for the size of them the 7's move more like that through the turf. These just aren't really in that same territory imo. Feel more like bigger T100/Apex Pro-ish in the dirt to me. I think I actually prefer them to the T100 in wet conditions though. Seemed to rake a little less. :confused2:Only one outing, and it really was a mess. We had to chase carts sliding down small hills twice. :LOL:

Last edited:
Can these be done in one length?

It's really hard to compete with the V Soles, so it feels kind of unfair to compare them. I'm sure you can appreciate a thinner sole since you play MB's, and for the size of them the 7's move more like that through the turf. These just aren't really in that same territory imo. Feel more like bigger T100/Apex Pro-ish in the dirt to me. I think I actually prefer them to the T100 in wet conditions though. Seemed to rake a little less. :confused2:Only one outing, and it really was a mess. We had to chase carts sliding down small hills twice. :LOL:
Great info, just want to say thanks! I was sold on the mim's and now I am second guessing and want to have a good look at the srixon's as I loved the v-sole ok my scor wedges a few years back and the short stint I have with the z765's

Can these be done in one length?

Could they? Probably. But I think you are going to have to create some more weight in the heads to accomplish it.

Could they? Probably. But I think you are going to have to create some more weight in the heads to accomplish it.

I kind of figured that was the case. I am guessing the engineering into Bryson's irons took some time.

The durability is what isn’t getting nearly enough talk on these. I’ve got a ZX7 7i that’s been in the bag far less than my MIM’s and has chatter, a decent amount, these have none and feel amazing.

The durability is what isn’t getting nearly enough talk on these. I’ve got a ZX7 7i that’s been in the bag far less than my MIM’s and has chatter, a decent amount, these have none and feel amazing.

That is great to hear. I like my irons to look as crisp as possible.

That is great to hear. I like my irons to look as crisp as possible.
Eh, they’re tools so I don’t mind chatter, but I know many freak out about it. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe these would prevent people from using headcovers.;)

it was a lot harder to tell exactly where on the face I was.

:unsure:..... not a fan of this.
I kinda feel like this is where I may be at with the T100S irons. This kinda reminds me to more seriously consider a blade combo setup for my '21 irons.
The feedback on each strike does so much for me, me thinks. I remember playing the MP68s a number of years ago and I could immediately tell you where the ball was going off the face. With the T100S irons that is a very challenging proposition for me.

:unsure:..... not a fan of this.
I kinda feel like this is where I may be at with the T100S irons. This kinda reminds me to more seriously consider a blade combo setup for my '21 irons.
The feedback on each strike does so much for me, me thinks. I remember playing the MP68s a number of years ago and I could immediately tell you where the ball was going off the face. With the T100S irons that is a very challenging proposition for me.

I get where you're coming from with those, but honestly I hadn't thought about the two of them together on that until I read this, because while they might share in it, it's within very different feels. I want some more time in on course before I'd really compare them on that (because the comparison in my head right now is kind of scary), but the KING Tours get a huge edge for feeling miles better doing it. Probably really personal too. Like dead vs. lively with putter faces or something.

I'll share this with you here, but please no one read too much into it, because it probably speaks more to familiarity than anything - I didn't like a couple things yesterday on course with my swing, and even though we tweaked the Tours into a better setup for me after the round, I brought a different set this morning when I went out to work on those things so I could feel exactly what was going on with strikes.

I hate to be the negative Nancy but I have to ask...I don't see the intrigue here. MIM is inferior to forging and unless the molds are replaced frequently the tolerances get out of whack. As a process MIM is more similar to casting than forging, which isn't necessarily a bag thing, but it needs to be brought up. I believe that's one of the reasons chatter is much less on these than forged clubs. I have zero doubt these are awesome right now, but what happens if the same molds are used to produce 5000 heads? That's when I think there will be a difference from set to set. Just thinking out loud and in the future...

Back