Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

They’re very very very good.

I didn't quite have the swing for them at my iron fitting, but still think about getting a set because they felt sooo good.

I didn't quite have the swing for them at my iron fitting, but still think about getting a set because they felt sooo good.
It’s pretty jaw dropping in the feel department for sure. Better than both sets of my Miura’s

It’s pretty jaw dropping in the feel department for sure. Better than both sets of my Miura’s
This statement says A LOT about feel :oops:

Currently playing Cobra MB/CB but feel like I leave something on the table with the 4/5 irons at times (miss the middle of the face slightly and you are guaranteed to come up short).
Serious on ponder on whether these will give me a little bit extra in the longer irons.
Can’t test in the UK currently. :(

Sorry for not popping back in sooner. I wasn't intentionally implying that Cobra would let quality slide - they're a great company that I really like. I've had a poor personal experience from a different company - different space all together - that gave me first hand experience with the downside to MIM. Their molds weren't tight tolerance wise after they had been used and the product suffered badly. I don't think Cobra would allow that, but was bringing up the fact that it could happen. My intention wasn't to ruffle feathers. As an update to the irons themselves - they're absolutely awesome. I got to hit them yesterday and was blown away by the sound/feel. They're solidly in my top four choices going into next season.

Wow that's some high praise.

Reality is, if it was another company doing this then it would be getting heralded and praised as being the future of irons....which imo it is, but because it’s Cobra it’s taken to a lesser degree which blows my mind given their R&D and clear quality control prowess.

It seems like that's what happens in general with Cobra doesn't it? There are a few things that have been copied from them where the other manufacturer gets praised for when in reality Cobra had it first.

I woke up (mentally) wanting to pure some approach shots, but my body is telling me pretty firmly that I'm not allowed to make any more of those decisions right now. So I'm basically pacing and pulling one of these out of the bag every 10 minutes and having to talk myself out of waking over to the 5th fairway to hit a few. Because these irons will do that. I can't think of anything else I have here that would give me the feeling of crushing one without actually putting a move on it. They are very satisfying in that way. They're so soft that every decently struck ball feels like you've compressed the heck out of it. A friend of mine that plays them talks about that a lot, and I can see how it would be addicting.

I woke up (mentally) wanting to pure some approach shots, but my body is telling me pretty firmly that I'm not allowed to make any more of those decisions right now. So I'm basically pacing and pulling one of these out of the bag every 10 minutes and having to talk myself out of waking over to the 5th fairway to hit a few. Because these irons will do that. I can't think of anything else I have here that would give me the feeling of crushing one without actually putting a move on it. They are very satisfying in that way. They're so soft that every decently struck ball feels like you've compressed the heck out of it. A friend of mine that plays them talks about that a lot, and I can see how it would be addicting.
Whether this iron maximizes any particular person’s scoring is a separate issue, but solely in terms of being fun in looks and feel, I honestly cannot think of any offering that tops these for me. They look so good behind the ball and as we all keep saying, the sound and feel... wow.

Whether this iron maximizes any particular person’s scoring is a separate issue, but solely in terms of being fun in looks and feel, I honestly cannot think of any offering that tops these for me. They look so good behind the ball and as we all keep saying, the sound and feel... wow.
You guys are talking these up so much, I hope I'm not disappointed when I finally am able to try them lol

You guys are talking these up so much, I hope I'm not disappointed when I finally am able to try them lol
I shouldn’t disclose this, since you are a Paradise guy (but, friendship overrides it). 😂. Order these for Morgan Cup 2021 one degree strong in loft, with Recoil shafts, and, having watched your game and knowing your advanced skill level, I truly believe that you have a set of irons that you would be thrilled to play for the next several years, not that that happens very often here on THP.

Last edited:
Well I played these again today, and played well. Used a ball that feels kinda hard to me and just not great in general, and they were amazing with these irons. Still get that satisfying feeling, and had some great shots.

So, I think I could get just a tiny bit more out of mine with a shaft change, but it would be minimal, and as much I as I enjoy these irons, they're ultimately not for me. So I won't bother doing that. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, but they're not really in the mix for this year at this point.

No big thing though, and I do think they're pretty brilliant. A friend really enjoys his and I can always think of a bunch of people that I know would too. The epitome of look good, feel good, play good is there for the taking with these irons for a bunch of people. Cobra did something pretty great with them, imo.

I keep revisiting this set and imagining I’d play them one degree strong. I don’t play a 4 iron and would likely play the 5 iron at 25 degrees. I wonder how much distance there would be between this 5 iron and a RADSpeed Hybrid at 24 degrees one inch longer? Reasonable to think speed and design would push the ball higher and about 10 yards further?

I keep revisiting this set and imagining I’d play them one degree strong. I don’t play a 4 iron and would likely play the 5 iron at 25 degrees. I wonder how much distance there would be between this 5 iron and a RADSpeed Hybrid at 24 degrees one inch longer? Reasonable to think speed and design would push the ball higher and about 10 yards further?
Sounds reasonable. The height would be likely, but both really depend on your swing. Can definitely be longer. Totals are sometimes similar though too, just achieved in a different way. Guess we'll have to try some RADs and find out!

I'm in exactly the same boat as well. Really really looking forward to hitting these, I was blown away by the FTs when I hit them, so if these manage to up things then it will be unreal.

Took a few swings with these yesterday in the Tech studio and have to say you guys are certainly right about the feel. So good.

Has anyone seen the copper mim tours? Sure hope those get released

7197D5BC-9F12-4241-8791-F833D373FC2F.jpeg7197D5BC-9F12-4241-8791-F833D373FC2F.jpeg

Back