Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

These clubs just sound amazing. Choosing for a bag of al Cobra is not going to be easy when you want everything.

What software and device is this if you don’t mind me asking?
Of course. It was the orange colored Trackman. I don’t have more specifics but would be happy to ask if you like?

Of course. It was the orange colored Trackman. I don’t have more specifics but would be happy to ask if you like?

No sweat. Just curious as the efficiency seems remarkably high for irons with this type of loft. Being Trackman, and I am guessing indoors, it makes some sense.

No sweat. Just curious as the efficiency seems remarkably high for irons with this type of loft. Being Trackman, and I am guessing indoors, it makes some sense.

It was picking up on the stinkers....here is the data from my T100S irons. I hit more balls with them and I made a few poor swings as I was getting warmed up.
CE130C9A-72F8-40EC-9FCC-A1A5D626BCD6.jpeg

It was picking up on the stinkers....here is the data from my T100S irons. I hit more balls with them and I made a few poor swings as I was getting warmed up.
View attachment 8991155
Looking at the data from both the T100S iron and the Cobra MIM, it seems that the Cobra is more efficient, provides better front to back dispersion and gives you a better descent angle. It does spin a bit less. If I were a fitter, I would likely put you in the Cobras over your Titleists, based on those samples.

Looking at the data from both the T100S iron and the Cobra MIM, it seems that the Cobra is more efficient, provides better front to back dispersion and gives you a better descent angle. It does spin a bit less. If I were a fitter, I would likely put you in the Cobras over your Titleists, based on those samples.
Yes, I appear to be better with the MIM compared to the T100S. Now comparing the MIM data to the Apex Pro data and the Pro beats it out for me. The MiM is a little longer (2 yards on carry i think), a little lower spinning, but the Pro dispersion was quite a bit tighter and I prefer to have a bit more spin for control.

Yes, I appear to be better with the MIM compared to the T100S. Now comparing the MIM data to the Apex Pro data and the Pro beats it out for me. The MiM is a little longer (2 yards on carry i think), a little lower spinning, but the Pro dispersion was quite a bit tighter and I prefer to have a bit more spin for control.
Yeah, I mentioned the spin, because it did seem just a tad low with the Cobras, although they should stop fine with your descent angles. Sometimes, that lower spin results in greater variance in front to back distance, but the Cobras were extremely consistent with ball speed. That is interesting that the Apex Pros were even better. @Jman said that he thought that the Apex Pros are more forgiving than the Cobras. I don’t disagree with him from my one experience hitting them, although the sample size was very small.

There are so many great offerings. It’s hard to go wrong.

Yeah, I mentioned the spin, because it did seem just a tad low with the Cobras, although they should stop fine with your descent angles. Sometimes, that lower spin results in greater variance in front to back distance, but the Cobras were extremely consistent with ball speed. That is interesting that the Apex Pros were even better. @Jman said that he thought that the Apex Pros are more forgiving than the Cobras. I don’t disagree with him from my one experience hitting them, although the sample size was very small.

There are so many great offerings. It’s hard to go wrong.
Yeah, soooo many amazing options. I could easily play the Cobras I think. Looking at the dispersion circle comparison against the pros and those were very tight for me. The best of anything I hit. The Forged CB was also excellent, but again...low in the spin dept. for me.

I’ve been in love with these since the first time I hit them so today I went to make for sure I was thinking straight. I tried 3 different shafts on the standard 7 iron head. Hit 25 shots in total. All shots went between 35-38 yards high with 49-52 degree decent angle, spin win 6700 to 7300 and all carry distances feel between 158-165. This is a little shorter than my normal 7 at 170-175 yards but I usually don’t get that type of spin. No X flex shafts were available and I’m betting my current shaft would be perfect at DG 105 X100. Side dispersion was way better than I expected from that distance. Now pondering going down to a 4 iron instead of 5.

I know this is a small thing, but these are without a doubt the easiest to clean irons I own. For as much as there is going on on the back, it doesn't seem to collect any dirt, and the rest of the head including the grooves are so shiny and/or impervious that they basically just rinse off to return to brilliance. It really gives you the impression they will look good for a LONG time.

Played 9 with these today btw. Still fun, still feel great, and look like pure modern class in the bag. Moved them back to stock lies but still managed to hit a few beauties with them. Very satisfying.

For those that have played the 4 irons in this set, how hard is it to elevate compared to an iron from day Ping i200?

For those that have played the 4 irons in this set, how hard is it to elevate compared to an iron from day Ping i200?
I200 is going to initially launch a bit easier based on design. Not a ton though.

So much ponder.....

So much ponder.....
Somebody once gave some great advice as it applies to being a participant in the Morgan Cup. Pick the irons that you are going to be most comfortable with in your hands if you are sitting on a 160 yard approach shot on hole number 18, your match tied and the entire Morgan Cup hanging in the balance. The pressure you will feel to pull off a good shot when needed will be very real.

Last edited:
Somebody once gave some great advice as it applies to being a participant in the Morgan Cup. Pick the irons that you are going to be most comfortable with in your hands if you are setting on a 160 yard approach shot on hole number 18, your match tied and the entire Morgan Cup hanging in the balance. The pressure you will feel to pull off a good shot when needed will be very real.

Pro Tip of the day

So I know @Tenputt has moved on, at least for right now. Is anyone playing these bad boys?

I got to play today, unexpectedly, and had to use clubs that weren't mine. Had these irons at -1/2" 2 up (I play stock or +1/4" and 1 or 2 flat), with Modus 105X, and I really enjoyed them. I wondered to myself during that round if there was another set of irons I'd rather play poorly fit. They look really good, have some forgiveness, and feel great. We played up, well way up for me at about 6200, and I had my struggles with the unfamiliar driver, wedges, and putter, but I hit 16 greens with these beauties and they're really the only thing that put the round together. Haven't heard much about them lately though. Anyone swinging these sweet feels?

So I know @Tenputt has moved on, at least for right now. Is anyone playing these bad boys?

I got to play today, unexpectedly, and had to use clubs that weren't mine. Had these irons at -1/2" 2 up (I play stock or +1/4" and 1 or 2 flat), with Modus 105X, and I really enjoyed them. I wondered to myself during that round if there was another set of irons I'd rather play poorly fit. They look really good, have some forgiveness, and feel great. We played up, well way up for me at about 6200, and I had my struggles with the unfamiliar driver, wedges, and putter, but I hit 16 greens with these beauties and they're really the only thing that put the round together. Haven't heard much about them lately though. Anyone swinging these sweet feels?
I’ve hoarded my set. I’m committed elsewhere this year, but these are so damn good I just can’t sell them.

I’ve hoarded my set. I’m committed elsewhere this year, but these are so damn good I just can’t sell them.
Haha I can't seem to either. I've sold or traded all but 2 sets that I don't regularly play, but still have these. I lack an overwhelming reason to I think. It's like.. they've really done nothing wrong so.. :confused2:

Haha I can't seem to either. I've sold or traded all but 2 sets that I don't regularly play, but still have these. I lack an overwhelming reason to I think. It's like.. they've really done nothing wrong so.. :confused2:
Yup. They check pretty much every single box.

Wouldn’t one of those copper sets be awesome?

These are great feeling. I had some nervousness about my game but Yags reassured me that I could hit them. Just in the local Golf Galaxy right now, but in serious contention for my bag. Feel very similar to Mizuno 921s (maybe not quite as soft but are more forgiving IMO)

These are great feeling. I had some nervousness about my game but Yags reassured me that I could hit them. Just in the local Golf Galaxy right now, but in serious contention for my bag. Feel very similar to Mizuno 921s (maybe not quite as soft but are more forgiving IMO)
To me, they feel every bit as soft as any of the 921 series. Soft, but indestructible.

Curse you! 😂. Why’d you have to bring these up? It’s like talking about an old girlfriend when somebody has moved on. I haven’t sold mine, either and after you mentioned them, I pulled them out for some swings at lunch and now I am wondering if I should have moved on. They come down through the turf so well for me.

Curse you! 😂. Why’d you have to bring these up? It’s like talking about an old girlfriend when somebody has moved on. I haven’t sold mine, either and after you mentioned them, I pulled them out for some swings at lunch and now I am wondering if I should have moved on. They come down through the turf so well for me.

I mean you already called, and took her out. Current girlfriend already hates you. Might as well seal your fate the deal.

Back