Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

We all know its going to wear but whats underneath could be magical haha
I'm really looking forward to seeing what they look like as they wear. The wear is always one of the worst things about black irons but it could look amazing on these.

We all know its going to wear but whats underneath could be magical haha

I have thought about removing the finish but hate to do it. I can see part of it, and it is wonderful!

I can't wait to hit these irons again. Such a different feeling in these compared to the Forged Tec and those were pretty fantastic as well. I think the copper is amazing but I think black would have been even more 🔥

Those look absolutely unreal! I was so close to pressing the button on these, but just thought they were a bit too much club for me - thankfully the FTs are stunning, but there is always buyer's envy whenever I see this pop up!

6.5? do those feel stout?
Yes that is what I received. There is some stoutness for sure, surprisingly not as much as I would have thought but they damn sure are heavy haha.

Well today I tested the hosel on these :(. Can confirm they send the ball immediately right just like other irons. That being said I have a feeling I will continue to report great things about these irons. They look so dang good and the sound/feel is perfect. I don't find the 5i intimidating at all and could consider a 4i at some point I think. As mentioned previously I think they launch fairly high but what is really surprising to me is even with weaker lofted clubs compared to Forged Tec I gamed previously I haven't lost any distance 🤷‍♂️

Well today I tested the hosel on these :(. Can confirm they send the ball immediately right just like other irons. That being said I have a feeling I will continue to report great things about these irons. They look so dang good and the sound/feel is perfect. I don't find the 5i intimidating at all and could consider a 4i at some point I think. As mentioned previously I think they launch fairly high but what is really surprising to me is even with weaker lofted clubs compared to Forged Tec I gamed previously I haven't lost any distance 🤷‍♂️
When I talked to the fitter about the best hosel contact irons he kicked me out of the building. 🤷‍♂️

Just a little copper King Tour 6 iron love. 0639CF94-2C09-4B04-938E-F7336A7E3890.jpeg

I’m absolutely loving these irons! They are the perfect size, good looking and feel great!

I’m absolutely loving these irons! They are the perfect size, good looking and feel great!
They do look just so so good.

What setup do you have? How are your distances compared to previous irons? Did you make any adjustments to them?

I've officially parted ways with my set. Great looking clubs, soft feels, .. have a wonderful life you beauties! 😢

Got my first scuff on the copper this morning. Stupid piece of sand on the ball. Oh well bound to happen at some point lol. I'm really enjoying these irons quite a bit. Its very highly likely its me but these launch really high. Its kind of surprising especially with the heavy and x-flex shafts. It doesn't seem to affect distance too much but flight is visibly higher than what I'm used to seeing from my iron shots.

What setup do you have? How are your distances compared to previous irons? Did you make any adjustments to them?

distances are the same, I have the 5-GW with KBS $taper black 130x. Previous set were t100 with same shaft. I’ve played close to twenty rounds with these (chrome) and they still look like new. T100 were not so durable. Didn’t affect play, but nice that these are holding up so well!

Got my first scuff on the copper this morning. Stupid piece of sand on the ball. Oh well bound to happen at some point lol. I'm really enjoying these irons quite a bit. Its very highly likely its me but these launch really high. Its kind of surprising especially with the heavy and x-flex shafts. It doesn't seem to affect distance too much but flight is visibly higher than what I'm used to seeing from my iron shots.
Can you post a pic of what the scuff looks like? I’m super curious to see how these copper irons wear

distances are the same, I have the 5-GW with KBS $taper black 130x. Previous set were t100 with same shaft. I’ve played close to twenty rounds with these (chrome) and they still look like new. T100 were not so durable. Didn’t affect play, but nice that these are holding up so well!
What is your ball flight with these? $tapers always seem to launch high for me as well. Maybe it’s just me these days haha

What is your ball flight with these? $tapers always seem to launch high for me as well. Maybe it’s just me these days haha

always been a mid flight guy.

I couldn't be happier with these irons. Even though everyone who picks them up says they feel like sledgehammers they seem to work for me. I even really like the GW in this set, it goes the distance its supposed to haha. High ball flight, stop on a dime and look gorgeous in the bag. What more could you ask for?

First round out with the King Tours and they performed quite well. Playing these stock with no adjustments to loft or lie and my distances appeared to on par with
what I have come to expect these days.

The feel is so so so good I am so happy I went this route. They launch high even with 125g 6.5 LZ shafts they get up pretty quick but they don’t appear to spin the ball up too much which is nice. Oh and the copper is 🔥🔥
View attachment 9016184
Those are ******* gorgeous.:love:

I couldn't be happier with these irons. Even though everyone who picks them up says they feel like sledgehammers they seem to work for me. I even really like the GW in this set, it goes the distance its supposed to haha. High ball flight, stop on a dime and look gorgeous in the bag. What more could you ask for?
Still proud of you for going with these. They just made the most sense!

The dark wear on the leading edge is starting to show through. Will age well it seems.

Still proud of you for going with these. They just made the most sense!
Thanks for convincing me! I was just saying the other day I’m so happy I went this route, I think I would have regretted not.

Thanks for convincing me! I was just saying the other day I’m so happy I went this route, I think I would have regretted not.
I think you would have too, and thats not a knock AT ALL on the other irons....but these are truly special, plus, you have the ballstriking to play them!

My strokes gain on approach doesn’t look great but I’ve had a driver leak to the right that’s put me in trouble. Playing a Tour B X with a 6 iron yesterday at 180 slope reading I was able to stop and control a shot I hit a little long. Also, first time I’ve managed to spin a 7 iron backwards and rip a PW off the green that carried 135. Gap Wedge is a bit of an issue on full shots for some reason. Pictures are the dreaded 8th hole at a local resort course. 5W then 6 iron Arccos has actual distance of 171 to pin/slope 180 62A0FDA3-156F-4736-8023-73CB23B787F9.jpeg62A0FDA3-156F-4736-8023-73CB23B787F9.jpeg00CC42C8-EB3C-417D-9EFF-55E275ACE78B.jpeg62A0FDA3-156F-4736-8023-73CB23B787F9.jpeg00CC42C8-EB3C-417D-9EFF-55E275ACE78B.jpeg62A0FDA3-156F-4736-8023-73CB23B787F9.jpeg00CC42C8-EB3C-417D-9EFF-55E275ACE78B.jpegBE9BF4B5-47CC-4E57-8F68-A1B659BD7511.jpeg00CC42C8-EB3C-417D-9EFF-55E275ACE78B.jpeg

On well struck shots these feel as good as any other iron out there that I have hit and the sound is on point as well. When my swing is on I couldn't be happier. When its a bit off like today I did notice some major loss of distance on a few shots that I caught a groove or too low which was surprising a bit. I also tested the hosel on the GW today, can confirm it is NOT forgiving. And no I didn't not inspect for a battle scar :p

Back