Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

These irons get easier to swing every time I pick them up. I’m passed the learned curve finally. Now to control the over draw

These irons are amazing. All I have is a PW. It's a freaking hammer full swing but so smooth as a partial swinger.

These irons are amazing. All I have is a PW. It's a freaking hammer full swing but so smooth as a partial swinger.

it doesn’t have the ball speed or forgiveness of the RADSpeed but it’s much more user friendly than I thought it would be

it doesn’t have the ball speed or forgiveness of the RADSpeed but it’s much more user friendly than I thought it would be

definitely not designed for ball speed but I’m 100% good with that! They do exactly what they are suppose to do and do it better then anything in that class right now IMO!

I keep finding my way back in here pondering whether I should have gone with these over the FTs. At the time I wasn't swinging great so wanted that wee bit more forgiveness but I went back and forth for weeks. They just look so good, and the feel is out of this world.

The one club to reach my bag in the last few years with no second guessing are the King Tours. A lot of people migrate to the Apex Pro and the Mizuno MP line without giving these a chance. That’s a BIG mistake.

The one club to reach my bag in the last few years with no second guessing are the King Tours. A lot of people migrate to the Apex Pro and the Mizuno MP line without giving these a chance. That’s a BIG mistake.
Lots of quality options out there for sure. No one making a bad iron in this class.

I can say this for cobra having tested most of the irons, these go toe to toe with any of them in feel, yes, they’re a little larger footprint than several out there, but they’re also indestructible from chatter with the MIM.

I like the longer blade length. Not sure why. Maybe it’s an added confidence thing. I hit them against the T100 and JPX Tour and wouldn’t consider a move. The biggest question: Do I remove the copper finish?

I like the longer blade length. Not sure why. Maybe it’s an added confidence thing. I hit them against the T100 and JPX Tour and wouldn’t consider a move. The biggest question: Do I remove the copper finish?
Well I’d hope you wouldn’t consider a move headed into the Morgan Effing Cup :LOL:

Well I’d hope you wouldn’t consider a move headed into the Morgan Effing Cup :LOL:
Only move considered is adding the 4 iron. My setup is good so no reason to do so other than looking like I know what I’m doing😂

Only move considered is adding the 4 iron. My setup is good so no reason to do so other than looking like I know what I’m doing😂
E3386943-F800-4FE5-B741-96DE60C7A562.jpeg

I know a solution…. ;)

Is there anything anyone would like to know about these irons that hasn't been already discussed? I have rounds coming up 3 of the next 4 days so lots to talk about if wanted.

Is there anything anyone would like to know about these irons that hasn't been already discussed? I have rounds coming up 3 of the next 4 days so lots to talk about if wanted.

What irons are you coming from?

I played King Forged TEC last season

I'd be curious to know the difference in the flight you're seeing. Higher or lower? Distances pretty close? I'm guessing that these are easier to shape for better players, so curious about your thoughts there. I hit these irons early in the year and am still jonesing for/about them. I'm a pretty good ball striker for my handicap but don't think I've got the game to play the longer irons... Hence going with the combo set in the Callaways.

I'd be curious to know the difference in the flight you're seeing. Higher or lower? Distances pretty close? I'm guessing that these are easier to shape for better players, so curious about your thoughts there. I hit these irons early in the year and am still jonesing for/about them. I'm a pretty good ball striker for my handicap but don't think I've got the game to play the longer irons... Hence going with the combo set in the Callaways.
I'd say the flight is very similar honestly. I expected these to be a lower flight, especially going with a heavier shaft. Sometimes I think its too high honestly, especially in the longer irons. They are definitely easier to shape in my opinion and not really any more difficult to hit either. I have the 5i and love it, I think I'd could game the 4i no problem but I really don't have a need for it gapping wise. The 3U is more useful I think in that regard. The sound/feel is night and day and I really enjoyed the Forged TEC's but these just special.

Also FWIW the GW in this set is LIGHT YEARS better than the FT GW.

The
I'd say the flight is very similar honestly. I expected these to be a lower flight, especially going with a heavier shaft. Sometimes I think its too high honestly, especially in the longer irons. They are definitely easier to shape in my opinion and not really any more difficult to hit either. I have the 5i and love it, I think I'd could game the 4i no problem but I really don't have a need for it gapping wise. The 3U is more useful I think in that regard. The sound/feel is night and day and I really enjoyed the Forged TEC's but these just special.

The GW is money with this set! Absolutely love it

Yeah I've just accepted that I'm a high ball hitter at this point. Doesn't matter what weight shaft is in there. I do agree that I like the GW in this type of profile better than the player's distance category. Good to know. May take a flier on a set in the offseason if I have enough $$ leftover after my current gear frenzy. These irons really did fee just fantastic and were so consistent for me.

Yeah I've just accepted that I'm a high ball hitter at this point. Doesn't matter what weight shaft is in there. I do agree that I like the GW in this type of profile better than the player's distance category. Good to know. May take a flier on a set in the offseason if I have enough $$ leftover after my current gear frenzy. These irons really did fee just fantastic and were so consistent for me.
I used to be a low ball hitter and somewhere along the way it changed. Its not a bad thing though I guess. I'm a little surprised that distances haven't changed much with weaker lofts compared to FT but it makes me very happy haha.

This is the best set GW I have used since the MB GW. That thing was fantastic.

Question for the Capt. Is there a logical place here to combo between the MIM and FT? I love the distance on the long irons with the forged tec but I have used clubs similar to MIM previously and like the control on 8-PW. In my mind I think 6i is the spot so 4-6 in FT and 7-PW in MIM. What say you?

Question for the Capt. Is there a logical place here to combo between the MIM and FT? I love the distance on the long irons with the forged tec but I have used clubs similar to MIM previously and like the control on 8-PW. In my mind I think 6i is the spot so 4-6 in FT and 7-PW in MIM. What say you?
Based on the fact that I have not lost any distance with these I think the 8i is the place to start a combo set.

Back