Possibly, depends on your swing speed. Might need that to keep it in the air.
Ive got strong forearms from all thar coattail grabbing 😉

Jokes aside, any idea what kind of spin window I should look for at around 100 swing speed? I know it’s a bit loft dependent but would be curious.

Ive got strong forearms from all thar coattail grabbing 😉

Jokes aside, any idea what kind of spin window I should look for at around 100 swing speed? I know it’s a bit loft dependent but would be curious.
Probably between 2900-3300. Start with the loft, then maybe the ball?

Probably between 2900-3300. Start with the loft, then maybe the ball?
That’s kinda where I’m at. Hoping to pick up a bit of launch with shaft and then take the driver back down to 10 deg. Have a 9 deg standard head so get the benefit of a slightly closed face.

(and yeah, I know I bring so much variance with my game it’s a little silly to talk such detail but it’s fun!)

As my outdoor golf season is coming to a close, I thought it'd be a good idea to take a look at my driving performance over the course of this year. I used the LTDx in 10.5º for every round, and though there was some time where the operator was having issues with the tool, all-in-all I am still very happy with this golf club. It's got the looks, performance, and sound that I have enjoyed right from the first swing.

IMG_4707.jpeg

My goal this season was to develop a usable, repeatable driver swing since I found that I was losing way too many strokes off the tee due to poor strikes and penalties. I started the year with the LTDx in standard settings, combined with a UST Mamiya Helium shaft in F4. I did this so I could force myself to swing a little slower and with a smoother tempo. I did notice a drop in distance, but I was indeed finding more fairways. Honestly, I think this was partly due to the supremely forgiving nature of the LTDx. Most of my strikes were either high middle, or middle heel of the face. With this setup I was averaging 271 yards off the tee.

Around the end of July, I decided that I was going to add more speed to my swing again since I was seeing decent results. Unfortunately, that meant I started pull-hooking the ball. Shaft swap to my custom Project X shaft in 6.5 flex. I noticed my ball striking pattern to be mainly middle (for an amateur of my calibre) or high middle. Again, the forgiveness of the LTDx coming through. Seeing this, I started teeing the ball lower and was rewarded with an immediate improvement. As of today, Shot scope has my Performance Average at 291 yards. I am supremely happy with this.

IMG_7031.jpeg

I've now had this driver in my bag for two seasons and it's helped me through some significant swing changes, highlighting the effectiveness and dynamic abilities of Cobra's design. I'm still completely enamoured with the Infinity HOT Face and the brilliant colourway - I went with Gloss Peacoat. After all the balls I've struck, I haven't noticed any changes to the face with regards to colour fade or wear, and same can be said to the rest of the club. Thankfully the finish and build has held up to more than its fair share of balls that were struck WAY too high on the club head.

For anyone looking, I'd still highly recommend the Cobra LTDx driver. It has performed superbly since I put it in the bag, and has sent rockets downrange, putting up the best driving distances I have ever been able to produce. For instance, this shot from earlier this month:

IMG_7038.jpeg

I've now gamed the Cobra F7, F9, and LTDx drivers. I can confidently say that the LTDx is my absolute favourite of the three.

I have played this driver for 2 years now and it has a strong position in 1st place for favorite club in my bag... This is the most forgiving driver I have played and with the Velocity the most consistent driver I have used. It feels fantastic. I would say the only thing it lacks is a pop off the face. I have played other drivers where it can feel like the ball springs off the face and I don't get that as much with this. All in all it is the most forgiving driver and the best I have used and it has held up nicely

Fresh off my driver fitting from XThor I set my LTDx up as close as I could to how he had me set up in Louisville. That meant removing the Kinetixx Velocity D20. As I simply over power that and need more stiffness in the hands.

So my Smoke RDX Black. Adjusted my 12 deg head to +1 / D.

Boom. High launch straight balls where I’m actually finding the center of the face. The unicorn shins again.

Fresh off my driver fitting from XThor I set my LTDx up as close as I could to how he had me set up in Louisville. That meant removing the Kinetixx Velocity D20. As I simply over power that and need more stiffness in the hands.

Boom. High launch straight balls where I’m actually finding the center of the face. The unicorn shins again.
It was fun to watch. @xThor has to be commended!

The Rock Nbc GIF by The Titan Games

Hey guys bringing up an old thread here.
With the recent release of the dark speed the LTDX has dropped to crazy low prices.

There have been a few articles and videos by the people at Golf magazine who have done robot testing of all the new drivers and they keep commenting that the unicorn that nobody has yet beaten but have approached is the LTDX with only 3.4 yd average distance loss from the eight points around the face that are off center hits.
The new dark speed is over 6 yd and the only one that has approached the LTDX was one of the new TaylorMades at 3.5 yd.

I wanted to see more of that original data from the Cobra. Unfortunately there were an article and video going back to early 2022 on the golf.com website but they are hidden behind their insider subscription paywall.

I am not sure if anybody has access to it but I would be beholden to anyone if they could post the details.

I actually went ahead and bought a new LTDX today as a backup driver that I may actually keep in the bag because I hit it so well in the sim and brought back some very good memories. I opted for the standard model rather than the LS because I am looking this here to get a little more forgiveness even at the expense of 5 or 10 yards.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

It’s still a bangin driver. I may not play it anymore, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a garage walk away to fix that.

It’s still a bangin driver. I may not play it anymore, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a garage walk away to fix that.
You and me both. It’s a really good driver.

The Cobra LTDx LS driver is a great driver.

Have been thinking about upgrading to the new Darkspeed, but the LTDx might be hard to beat.

Last edited:
I was upgrading (well getting a new one) every year but have stuck with the LTDx to this day.

Going to get fit in a couple weeks for some new shafts. Checking out the new TPT shafts.

It is so forgiving in standard form. Heel and toe still straight and little drop off.
It would be hard for the new stuff to perform better. But they do look good (dark speed)

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Back