FWIW, Mike Yagley in the studio before our live stream had 400 RPM of spin difference between the two heads. With that said, there are some major differences between them outside of spin.
400 would be much more in line with what I would expect. Thanks

Argh, all day ponder X or LS.... LS or X...

Leaning toward X tbh, but not sure which I prefer
Max or X in my professional opinion 😁

LTDx with Tensei white X flex. Seems to be a perfect fit for my so called swing.

It’s kind of funny to me that even after hearing 🦄 so many internet golfers still immediately gravitate toward the LS head. Those isn’t just @Jman making up words on paper those are straight from Cobra based on testing.

I have had the tour length LTDx in my cart all day. I just want to hit it and a few others before I buy anything. But I love the look of the peacoat

It’s kind of funny to me that even after hearing 🦄 so many internet golfers still immediately gravitate toward the LS head. Those isn’t just @Jman making up words on paper those are straight from Cobra based on testing.
It’s really surprising to me, though, I guess it shouldn’t be. Hahaha

I fear some are assuming the X is the XB, and it’s not, the MAX is the RAD weight back, XB and XD combined. LS is akin to the RAD with weight forward. The X is a new beast.

I’ll add, I know on the internet the chase for obscenely low spin is still real, but most of us don’t need that at all. Likewise, 2500-2900 is NOT HIGH SPIN.

my flexible (read: wasteful) spending money will run out before 2/11 😢

I think it's because they watch these YouTube videos with guys with 115mph swing speeds. Anti-unicorns.

I'm going LTDx.

I’ll add, I know on the internet the chase for obscenely low spin is still real, but most of us don’t need that at all. Likewise, 2500-2900 is NOT HIGH SPIN.

I generally don’t discuss other review videos on THP very much, except when they bug me, LOL. However, the TXG video on the new Cobra drivers was in my YouTube feed this morning. I suspect it was the last video involving Matt. The video had Jose and Matt only. Matt hit each of the new heads. Both the LTDx and the LTDx Max had spin in the 2700 to 2900 range. The LTD LS immediately dropped him down into the 2000 range and he was bombing it. That is a huge change in spin.

Most of the time from what I see, an LS offering and a standard offering differ by about 400 to 500 in spin. I have hit every Cobra driver since the F8. I continue to find that for me, the higher spin offerings spin too much and I lose 10 to 15 yards. I understand the LTDx is very unique. However, since the one video that I have seen with numbers still placed it much closer to the Max in spin, I would want to start with the LS and see where that puts me.

I have had sort of renaissance with my golf swing. Last fall, any speed I had left was gone and then I lost my swing. I was so discouraged after playing poorly at the Dream Foursomes experience that I just put all of my golf equipment away for a month and a half. I worked on my flexibility and strength, but not for golf. I honestly felt like I was done with the days of trying to improve at golf. I picked up my clubs again for the first time within the last two weeks and my body feels fantastic. I have some club speed that I haven’t had in years. I am going to give it another year of trying to improve, but be careful with not wearing my body down. With all of that, I think I would do better with a low spin head and a very light, but stable, stiff shaft. That is a huge explanation of why I am thinking I would love to try the LS in a very stiff shaft in the 50 to 60 gram class.

I’m happy to hear that your feeling fantastic
Best of luck with your 22 season.

It was a pleasure to meet you and spend time with you. Hopefully our paths will cross again sometime in the future.

thank you 17° 1700rpm

It’s really surprising to me, though, I guess it shouldn’t be. Hahaha

I fear some are assuming the X is the XB, and it’s not, the MAX is the RAD weight back, XB and XD combined. LS is akin to the RAD with weight forward. The X is a new beast.
Give me

Right? 1700 is good for pretty much no one. :LOL:

I've had times when I needed more spin to get there haha
But that campaign really put golfers on that crusade to get down to 2k spin or less. It's crazy. Some out there now see 2600 RPM and immediately think it's too high and now good without understanding the partnership between launch and spin.

I've had times when I needed more spin to get there haha
But that campaign really put golfers on that crusade to get down to 2k spin or less. It's crazy. Some out there now see 2600 RPM and immediately think it's too high and now good without understanding the partnership between launch and spin.
For me, with a normal launch of 15-ish, I do great with 2200 to 2600 RPM. If it gets above 2600, I definitely see a loss of distance and the wind eats up the ball due to the higher launch. 2000 is definitely way too low. I would rather be at 2200 than 2900, but that is for me and my swing, which I know pretty well.

Nice write-up. Very helpful. Except for the fact that i just bought a Radspeed. Can't wait for the head to head with Radspeed Vs LTDx LS.

The headcover is nice too

Great looking drivers! Nice reviews today @Jman

X is getting slept on hard in here!

LTDx should be an easy decision for my game.

After hitting tonight I fully agree with this statement.

Back