Such an amazing driver. Once again, I experienced how forgiving and far this driver is. Didn’t hit the best shots today on the range, but they would still have all been very playable. Still considering a shaft change with all the hype behind the TR…
What club were you upgrading from? I've been using a Callaway Rogue and have been looking at the LTDx and Pings for a bit...curious what you were using before to better understand why it had so much distance/forgiveness for you. Maybe a dumb question - but when I moved to my Rogue a few years ago, I was hitting a 15yr old driver that by todays standards looked like a fairway wood. Quite a big upgrade...

It’s cool that you’re finding so much success with it.
I just think it checks all the boxes at least for me. There may be other heads that get me some more yards even including the LS but I’m not chasing yardage.

It’s almost had a bit of a crunch to it for me that is very satisfying
i got paired with a random single the other day and the he said “I wasn’t paying attention to which direction that went but it sounded like it went a mile!” 😂

So I played yesterday with one of my high school buddies. We used to play all the time but now we only play maybe once per year. Ironically we both rolled up with new drivers. I had my trusty LTDx and he had the Callaway Rogue ST. Before the first tee shot he said "Oh, you have the LTDx? I compared that to my Rogue in the simulator but I hit my Rogue so much further". First hole was a 369 yard par 4. He teed off first and hit a low roller that went maybe 200 yards. I crushed my drive with a slight draw roughly 250 yards in the middle of the fairway. I got a par on number 1. He got a bogey. I just chalked up his rough first drive to him not being warmed up. He is a good golfer. As the round progressed I was consistently 15-30 yards further than him off the tee with a couple drives as much as 40-50 yards further. He said "damn man, you are killing that driver". Further justification that buying the LTDx over the Rogue was the right decision. The unicorn dominates once again!! 🦄🦄🦄🦄

What club were you upgrading from? I've been using a Callaway Rogue and have been looking at the LTDx and Pings for a bit...curious what you were using before to better understand why it had so much distance/forgiveness for you. Maybe a dumb question - but when I moved to my Rogue a few years ago, I was hitting a 15yr old driver that by todays standards looked like a fairway wood. Quite a big upgrade...
I upgraded from a TS2 which I honestly really loved. It was the most forgiving driver I had played up until that point. Though forgiving, I could occasionally break out a bad slice or a hook.

the distance gains for me were nothing huge, but it has been so, so consistent. Even with a rusty swing and hitting all over the face, it has been undeservingly long and straight.

And then there’s the look and sound. IMO, best looking and sounding driver I’ve ever hit. I used to play a Ping G driver before the TS2 that I liked the look of (I’m a fan of the turbulators, I think that’s what they are called) but the soundwas terrible. The TS2 was good, but not outstanding on either look or sound.

Hope that helps!

I did a fitting and was fit into the Blue. I picked up a used LS with the IM10 for a steal and hated it. I wasn’t swinging that well at the time but could never got comfortable with it. I just picked up a LTDx with the Blue and have a couple of range sessions with it and am going to put it into play this afternoon.

Report to follow.

Watching this RDX Blue.

Have been using a Project X Evenflow T1100 6.0 in my LTDX LS but picked up a new Mitsubishi Kai'li. Need to to get a Cobra sleeve so I can get it changed out from the TM. Very interested in seeing how they compare. The combo right now is so good, I'm a little afraid to mess with things. Best driver I have owned in a while.

Well, we will soon find out if my first go around with the LTDX and the LIN-Q White shaft was a fluke. I am going to change one thing in the setup. I had the 9* set at 8* and hit a consistent fade. I am hoping that by moving it back to 9*, my ball flight becomes pretty much dead straight.

I hope I don’t jinx it. I don’t want to lose my membership in the vaunted 75% club.

Before being fit into the Cobra LTDx LS my gamer for the last few years has been the PING G 410 LST.

The Cobra gave me 5 yards more carry distance and 10 yards more total distance with similar dispersion.

The PING has been very accurate for me and I played it for close to 700 rounds. It replaced a G30 LST With similar mileage. I tried the G425 LST but it did not outperform the G410 for me and was significantly louder.

The Cobra has a similar look to the PING driver heads but feel and sound better to me. The Cobra head is lighter than the PING driver head so I had to add weight by swapping out the sole weights for heavier ones to bring the swingweight up after having grown accustomed to the heavier PINGs over the last 6 years.

Round two with the LTDx and Blue. It was a funky round because it was an alternate shot match. Overall I drove the ball well though. I had one poor drive but everything else was hit solid including a couple of very good drives. I don’t have a sense for distance but I am hitting the ball much better than I was. I think I have found my tempo a bit and the stability of the shaft helps. I have a bunch of golf in front of me this week so we will see how it behaves.

So I decided my LS wasn't blue and shiny enough
80372D48-8F75-418F-B39A-2F70C0CEB9D6.jpeg
6C755DD8-D8F0-4EB2-98CF-097B8EF929E8.jpeg

71% FiR with the LS yesterday, including a couple that were just in the first cut and caused no issues to play. Will asterix that by saying that one of those was an absolute snap hook that hit a tree and bounced back into the fairway, but them's the breaks!

This driver just flat out works for me. For a head that is supposedly not the most forgiving of the line, I'm finding absolutely no issues at all, is long and I can play a little cut with it all day long. I put the Smoke Blue in last night just for an experiement, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the stats being a lot higher but it was certainly working. Am hitting the ball longer and straighter than I have been for years. This club is the absolute real deal!

I've went through 4 I think but have pretty much settled on this last one.

I tried to glance back through but couldnt find it.

which lofted head did you go with?
did you adjust the loft up or down at all with shaft testing?

I tried to glance back through but couldnt find it.

which lofted head did you go with?
did you adjust the loft up or down at all with shaft testing?
I have the LTDx 10.5 head. I have made zero adjustments to the loft been playing at standard the whole time. I figure thats the best way for me to test shafts and @Jman told me I hit the ball too low! :ROFLMAO:

I have the LTDx 10.5 head. I have made zero adjustments to the loft been playing at standard the whole time. I figure thats the best way for me to test shafts and @Jman told me I hit the ball too low! :ROFLMAO:

probably a good idea. I've had a 9 turned up to 10* for most of testing, but something aint clicking right now.

probably a good idea. I've had a 9 turned up to 10* for most of testing, but something aint clicking right now.
For me the more upright 10.5 head just works. As I've said before this is my favorite driver head in the last several years from Cobra. F9 held that title for a while, RAD was an improvement and this one is even better.

I've went through 4 I think but have pretty much settled on this last one.
What shafts have you tried? What specifically have you been trying to achieve with the shaft changes? How have the different shafts compared?

What shafts have you tried? What specifically have you been trying to achieve with the shaft changes? How have the different shafts compared?
I've posted them all in this thread but here is the quick synopsis

RDX Black - Stock shaft, works fine but noticed my back was bothering me after rounds. Felt like I really had to swing hard with this one for some reason
LinQ Gunmetal - Gamer from last year, basically plug and play. Smoother feel, higher flight than RDX, could easily game it again.
Kinetixx Ballistic - Unique profile, works good and hit some bombs with it but wasn't as consistent with it as others.
Ventus Blue TR - Feels fantastic and effortless power to me. Ball flight is mid high and I feel like I have more control with this one than any of the others.

With having the 10.5 head I wanted to make sure I didn't get too much spin so several of these profiles are low/low. I guess what I've been searching for is something that feels great and I can control without being too spinny. The Ventus TR seems to do that right now, it could change several more times before the event haha

Back