Absolutely, if you're not above 120 mph swing speed I think LS becomes really too low of spin.

I did, I was blown away by the numbers. I don't need anything more than that to spend $500. 🤣
I can hit mid 120s with absolutely no control. I prefer to play around 110-112

I didn’t get along with the RDX last year. Happy to see the AW Raw White available.

Has this been posted here yet?! :LOL:

Oh its close....I prefer the matte black. I had Matte peacoat last year and the glossy doesn't do it for me
I'm in the same boat, loved the matte peacoat last year but think I'll go with the black this year. Just not as much of a fan of glossy heads.

I’ll add, I know on the internet the chase for obscenely low spin is still real, but most of us don’t need that at all. Likewise, 2500-2900 is NOT HIGH SPIN.
With me currently sitting at 3,500ish spin numbers, 2,500-2,900 is absolutely in my window, can't wait to give these a shot.

Low spin is nice with high speed and launch but it’s hard to control direction and hit consistently

I still say I will give them a try at some point despite the last Cobra drivers I hit not working for me at all, but it will be interesting to see how all these new drivers compare

Absolutely, if you're not above 120 mph swing speed I think LS becomes really too low of spin.
I am not sure I completely agree with that statement - if someones delivery promotes more spin, then the LS version could definitely help tame that - which was some of my issue when I got my Epic Flash Sub Zero model as I generated too much spin due to how I was delivering it to the ball, so the Sub Zero model helped bring it down (and I only swing around 100mph)

Every 3 years another 3 dramatically named heads. Just another lame money grab. Just stop. What a greedy pill to swallow. Cobra shouldn’t have to do what it’s doing. We either are or are not for cobra. And once again the magic price of 499. Not for me. Definitely not with the lame shaft options. Shall I add another crispy $300 for a awesome Fuji? F to the O on that!

I still say I will give them a try at some point despite the last Cobra drivers I hit not working for me at all, but it will be interesting to see how all these new drivers compare

I am not sure I completely agree with that statement - if someones delivery promotes more spin, then the LS version could definitely help tame that - which was some of my issue when I got my Epic Flash Sub Zero model as I generated too much spin due to how I was delivering it to the ball, so the Sub Zero model helped bring it down (and I only swing around 100mph)

I agree with this completely. I'm not the fastest swinger by any means, hovering between 100 and 105 as a rule, and was fit into the Sub Zero because I am naturally a high spin driver of the ball. Probably not the most forgiving driver for me, but it optimised the numbers I was putting out. Makes the LSx combination of this lower (but not low low) spin and forgiveness very appealing indeed.

Every 3 years another 3 dramatically named heads. Just another lame money grab. Just stop. What a greedy pill to swallow. Cobra shouldn’t have to do what it’s doing. We either are or are not for cobra. And once again the magic price of 499. Not for me. Definitely not with the lame shaft options. Shall I add another crispy $300 for a awesome Fuji? F to the O on that!

And you have a right to that opinion, however, there are a great many that have a right to tell you that you are wrong. No one says you have to buy them. It’s likely no one asks you to gift them one. Many of us find joy in the new releases especially those of us that have spent quality time with the fine people from Cobra golf. Would that $300 Fuji make you a better golfer if it were included? Maybe not. Timex vs Rolex. I am also guessing Mizuno shouldn’t have updated the MP iron range?

These look amazing! Always a big fan of Cobra and what they bring to the table - thanks @Jman for the awesome write up!

With the normal disclaimer that its very advisable to get fitted and try before you buy, anyone have any thoughts as to which one of these would likely be best suited and/or intended for a high handicapper? Assuming the LS is not the likely choice here given the description, but as between the MAX vs. the x (unicorn)...hard for me to come away with an opinion based on the tech and comments (other than this entire line looks amazing). I'll likely try out both anyway :). I currently game the XB and really like it, so I doubt any of these will offer so much improvement such that another $500 purchase is warranted...but if I end up with any discretionary funds this year after bonus time...:unsure:.

I'm in the same boat, loved the matte peacoat last year but think I'll go with the black this year. Just not as much of a fan of glossy heads.
I like the look of the matte, but found being able to see my reflection at address helped my setup. I was able to get my head in the same place in relation club head but seeing its outline. So while I boast about picking off looks, I do make exceptions. It I dive in it will be blue assuming it’s not too busy.

With the normal disclaimer that its very advisable to get fitted and try before you buy, anyone have any thoughts as to which one of these would likely be best suited and/or intended for a high handicapper? Assuming the LS is not the likely choice here given the description, but as between the MAX vs. the x (unicorn)...hard for me to come away with an opinion based on the tech and comments (other than this entire line looks amazing). I'll likely try out both anyway :). I currently game the XB and really like it, so I doubt any of these will offer so much improvement such that another $500 purchase is warranted...but if I end up with any discretionary funds this year after bonus time...:unsure:.
My understanding is that the MAX is most analogous to the XB. That said, when I was fit last year I was borderline between the XB and the standard RAD with the weight in the back. I went XB. When trying the LTDx against the XB last night the LTDx fit a little better. I think both are definitely worth trying.

I like the look of the matte, but found being able to see my reflection at address helped my setup. I was able to get my head in the same place in relation club head but seeing its outline. So while I boast about picking off looks, I do make exceptions. It I dive in it will be blue assuming it’s not too busy.
I see my reflection a couple of times a day just after showering. That's plenty for me :LOL:

Really want to try the LTDx. Love the matte black. The blue looks awesome too, but I sort of wish they would have gone matte there too.

I’ll likely matte out the crown of my LTDx Blue within a month of when it arrives. I just need to get it on the Trackman and the course and make sure it’s a keeper. It’s easy to do with a sheet of Trizact 3,000 or 5,000 grit sandpaper. It takes less than a minute to dull out the factory clear coat.

Last edited:
I like what i am reading about these. Last Cobra driver i had i hit pretty dang well, i just struggled with muted feedback. I am going to have to give these a try.

My understanding is that the MAX is most analogous to the XB. That said, when I was fit last year I was borderline between the XB and the standard RAD with the weight in the back. I went XB. When trying the LTDx against the XB last night the LTDx fit a little better. I think both are definitely worth trying.

Love what I am hearing about the LTDx. I like the tech story, and hey if the Cobra guys call it a Unicorn its got to be good.

It's funny that it's been mentioned a couple times that many seem to be gravitating to the LS. I sort of did the same thing last year, internet golfer fitting myself into the Max LS. After working with Vosh this past year, and having him place me in the more forgiving head rather than the low-spin head, I'm confident that the LTDx would be the right fit for me out of this lineup.

Possibly, however, the LTDx is also very low spin as well from all of the data I have seen. It may not be necessary to go LS this gen!

I can hit mid 120s with absolutely no control. I prefer to play around 110-112
I hit upper 120s with no consistency across the face, haha. I am like 120-122 once I've swing a little bit, the extra handful of mph isn't helpful yet.

I will say that I do like the look of this year. Definitely a departure in some ways from previous but the look is very much growing on me.

I agree with this completely. I'm not the fastest swinger by any means, hovering between 100 and 105 as a rule, and was fit into the Sub Zero because I am naturally a high spin driver of the ball. Probably not the most forgiving driver for me, but it optimised the numbers I was putting out. Makes the LSx combination of this lower (but not low low) spin and forgiveness very appealing indeed.

Yep, I think that LTDx is going to be the best fit for folks like you and @TheDoctor. I'm not a fitter by any means but I think there are enough people out there that hit down on the ball that Cobra made (what seems to be) the perfect head for you guys!

I just put in an order for the LTDx. I have a Radspeed that i literally just bought a week ago but the spin numbers from the reviews for the LTDx don't seem too high...and who can't use more forgiveness.

Back