Reading everyone’s posts about how far they hit the ball is very intimidating. I feel very inadequate right now. I’m going to be 50 yards behind y’all.

Thank god my Nova 40 putter and the Snakebite wedges have been so good for me.

When you guys add up fairways hit are you counting adjacent fairways or something?

I can't tell which direction the mind games are flowing here. I detect trickery. So I'll just leave this.

Well from a team perspective the golf trip this weekend was a fail, we got waxed.

But, if I were to pick an MVP from the weekend it was definitely the LTDx. Playing a nice cut with it at the moment and finding some fairways or at least keeping myself in play to have a shot at the green. I really saw the forgiveness all weekend and the speed off the face continue to impress me.

Definitely some great MC prep with a shamble, scramble, and 1v1 match.
Glad to hear the LTDx is working for you!! Speed off the face with this thing is really something!

Might have to get some grief counseling or something.

No. I’ll still be basking in the afterglow then.

There is a months long waiting list for psychological services in many areas. Just a PSA.

There is a months long waiting list for psychological services in many areas. Just a PSA.
No waiting at the liquor store. Headed to Kentucky next Thursday for the Bourbon Bash. Will be stocking up on some pain reliever. Purely for medicinal purposes.

No waiting at the liquor store. Headed to Kentucky next Thursday for the Bourbon Bash. Will be stocking up on some pain reliever. Purely for medicinal purposes.

Now we are talking! Have one with the boys for me. I was hoping to make it down this year... obviously golf has not worked out in my favor this season.

solid round with the ADHD5 in the LS. i'm gonna try and keep it in the bag till the end of the year...but that titleist fitting may sway me :rolleyes:

Another convert! A guy in my golf league was so enamored with my driver he went out and bought himself a unicorn. He loves it! I made sure got himself a paradise blue one too :ROFLMAO:

Reading everyone’s posts about how far they hit the ball is very intimidating. I feel very inadequate right now. I’m going to be 50 yards behind y’all.

Thank god my Nova 40 putter and the Snakebite wedges have been so good for me.

When you guys add up fairways hit are you counting adjacent fairways or something?
A fairway is a fairway!

The LS is getting better and better for me as I'm swinging it more. Am now taking driver on holes where I wouldn't have done so before and am really seeing the benefit of those few extra yards. Is still a little wonky if my swing isn't lined up but thankfully the bad isn't as bad as the bad used to be :LOL: The bad miss is now just a straight pull left that goes like a bullet and can be penal, but this driver just sets up so well to my eye and looks mean! Still not at the 70% fairway mark, but I'm taking everything I can at the minute - love this driver!

Removed the Taylormade adapter and put a Cobra adapter on a UST Mamiya LIN-Q 6F4 Purple driver shaft yesterday.

Took it to the course this morning. Was encouraged by my short range session so onto the course it went.

Will give it a go again tomorrow. Might have found something. Will know soon.

Removed the Taylormade adapter and put a Cobra adapter on a UST Mamiya LIN-Q 6F4 Purple driver shaft yesterday.

Took it to the course this morning. Was encouraged by my short range session so onto the course it went.

What was it that you were looking to change in the shaft? I seem to remember you had it going pretty well before…

I've been curious about that shaft for awhile now. Look forward to hearing your full thoughts after you've had a chance to properly test!

When I first got the Cobra LTDx LS driver with the stock 60g Stiff Project X IM10 shaft I was hitting it pretty well. Hit it great in the fitting too.

But as I’ve played more with it I found that if I tried to go after one by giving it a little more oomph I would get a low smother hook.

That led me to be more cautious, trying to swing super smooth out of fear. I feel like I couldn’t just make my normal swing. The result being I lost confidence in the shaft.

That has happened to me before in fittings where I swing something great but when the club comes in it doesn’t perform exactly the same for some unknown reason.

I don’t like having to adjust my swing to a club. So I’m tinkering a little bit with shafts that I’ve not tried before in an attempt to find one that fits me better.

When I first got the Cobra LTDx LS driver with the stock 60g Stiff Project X IM10 shaft I was hitting it pretty well. Hit it great in the fitting too.

But as I’ve played more with it I found that if I tried to go after one by giving it a little more oomph I would get a low smother hook.

That led me to be more cautious, trying to swing super smooth out of fear. I feel like I couldn’t just make my normal swing. The result being I lost confidence in the shaft.

That has happened to me before in fittings where I swing something great but when the club comes in it doesn’t perform exactly the same for some unknown reason.

I don’t like having to adjust my swing to a club. So I’m tinkering a little bit with shafts that I’ve not tried before in an attempt to find one that fits me better.
I’ve done a wee bit of tinkering as well but not as much as you. Thankfully I only have a couple that I had in previous Cobra drivers so I’ve not been able to get myself too confused which is what I know would happen with too much choice 😂

I can get behind that reasoning.

More shaft tinkering.

I went back to the UST Mamiya Helium shaft in my driver, and last couple rounds just focused on making a smooth swing at around 75%. I'm going to keep working with this for now.

One of my regular playing partners texted me from Edwin Watts to ask what driver I had in my bag so they could test it in the sim against his PXG… Can’t wait until the LTDx wins.

More shaft tinkering.

I went back to the UST Mamiya Helium shaft in my driver, and last couple rounds just focused on making a smooth swing at around 75%. I'm going to keep working with this for now.

the new one? i've pondered that...my adhd5s seems to be working well but i wanna tinker around a bit.

13 tee shots with driver today, believe I hit all but two fairways with it? First hole, which technically hit a fairway but it wasn’t mine.

And then the 18th hole, my 8th. Decided that fescue looked way better than the fairway. Had a couple ugly snap hooks from trying to gas it, but they still managed to find short grass in the ugliest of ways.

the new one? i've pondered that...my adhd5s seems to be working well but i wanna tinker around a bit.
Yep, this is the new Nanocore version!

League night last night and I took driver every chance I had, and the results were mostly very good!

Hole 5 - Into wind. Little bit of a pull hook but the ball stayed in play. Not my best, but I stayed out of the hazard. 235 yards.
Hole 7 - With slight breeze. An absolute rocket ship, landing in the middle of fairway! 301 yards.
Hole 9 - Into wind and noticeably cooler. Another great strike, landing middle of fairway. 269 yards.

After this, I'm sold on the UST Mamiya Helium shaft and won't be making any more changes. Time to get into a groove with this club now that we're only 7 weeks away from the Morgan Cup.

13 tee shots with driver today, believe I hit all but two fairways with it? First hole, which technically hit a fairway but it wasn’t mine.

And then the 18th hole, my 8th. Decided that fescue looked way better than the fairway. Had a couple ugly snap hooks from trying to gas it, but they still managed to find short grass in the ugliest of ways.
Way to keep that FIR % way up there!

Back