BogeyNSmith

Reaction score
Sorry if this was addressed already. For anyone who has compared the 9° vs the 10.5°.

Besides the launch angle differences did you notice any other significant differences? Spin, forgiveness, overall distance?

I read that CG was different and am wondering how that affected flight and forgiveness? Would it be more beneficial to go 9° or turn the 10.5° down? Sorry, a lot of pondering happening right now.

jdtox

The Peoples Captain
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry if this was addressed already. For anyone who has compared the 9° vs the 10.5°.

Besides the launch angle differences did you notice any other significant differences? Spin, forgiveness, overall distance?

I read that CG was different and am wondering how that affected flight and forgiveness? Would it be more beneficial to go 9° or turn the 10.5° down? Sorry, a lot of pondering happening right now.
I haven't hit the 9* so I cannot compare the differences but I would say it really all depends on your swing and launch angles. Also of note the 9* head has a flatter lie angle than the 10.5* head. This played a role in my decision to go with the 10.5* Head.

Browndog

Morgan Cup 2022 - Team Paradise
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

In my fitting I tested both the 10.5 and 9.0 degree LTDx LS. The 10.5 had a definite left bias for me, even lofted down to open the face, compared to the 9.0 head lofted up. As someone who tends to miss left anyways I went with the 9.0 degree head lofted up +1.0.

I would recommend testing both and adjusting the loft and lie angles with the adapter to see which gives you the best fit.

BogeyNSmith

Reaction score
I haven't hit the 9* so I cannot compare the differences but I would say it really all depends on your swing and launch angles. Also of note the 9* head has a flatter lie angle than the 10.5* head. This played a role in my decision to go with the 10.5* Head.
In my fitting I tested both the 10.5 and 9.0 degree LTDx LS. The 10.5 had a definite left bias for me, even lofted down to open the face, compared to the 9.0 head lofted up. As someone who tends to miss left anyways I went with the 9.0 degree head lofted up +1.0.

I would recommend testing both and adjusting the loft and lie angles with the adapter to see which gives you the best fit.
Thank you for the responses.

I am looking for my son who is currently playing the 10.5 and loves it. As he swings faster I am seeing the ball climb and getting higher spin numbers. The fittings he has done have been less than stellar and it's hard to spend more money on another fitting.

The opportunity to buy a 9° came up at a good discount so I am trying to decide if it's worth spending the money for the experiment.
Thanks again for the input.

jdtox

The Peoples Captain
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thank you for the responses.

I am looking for my son who is currently playing the 10.5 and loves it. As he swings faster I am seeing the ball climb and getting higher spin numbers. The fittings he has done have been less than stellar and it's hard to spend more money on another fitting.

The opportunity to buy a 9° came up at a good discount so I am trying to decide if it's worth spending the money for the experiment.
Thanks again for the input.
Sounds like you might want to look at the LS model if you are seeing too much spin. The 9* head will have slightly lower spin than the 10.5* but not as much as the LS model would.

BogeyNSmith

Reaction score
Sounds like you might want to look at the LS model if you are seeing too much spin. The 9* head will have slightly lower spin than the 10.5* but not as much as the LS model would.
Thats another option. You've convinced me that I should let him hit them before I jump.

Thanks for the input.

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
the LS and I finally had that round where everything worked off the tee. playing partners were interested in seeing "the goods"

HarlettoScara

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.7 WHS
Utterly shocking day with the driver yesterday :LOL: The big slice has pretty much gone but replaced by a straight push or a big slinging hook. Clearly the work on coming from the inside more has worked but now just need to get everything timed up right. As usual the ball was being smoked on the range...sigh. Absolutely no fault of the driver though, absolutely solid strikes every time and the distance that comes out of this is unreal. Sits perfectly behind the ball for me, and the most confidence I think I've ever had over a driver.

HarlettoScara

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.7 WHS
Not a huge sample of data as yet, but my ShotScope data for the clubs - significantly longer than my previous driver, partly due to a couple of swing changes but mostly down to the spin coming way down to manageable levels and just the fact that the LS is a straight rocket launcher. We'll leave the FIR statistics out of it for now :LOL:

distances.png

And before anyone mentions it, yes I might have topped my 5w a couple of times and have just used the 5i to come out sideways from the trees :ROFLMAO:

YukonLiving

Morgan Cup 2022 - Team Hackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
For anyone following my live round this evening, my LTDx driver was feeling pretty good!!

I made some adjustments over my last few rounds; standing closer to the ball and teeing it down by about 1/8”.

My best from tonight, on hole #9 at my home course:

0C091539-9500-42D7-8571-B3E73D809E16.jpeg

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in