I also just read your previous post about your wife having the fly z xl's and hit these higher. Did I read that right?

Yes you did. She is hitting the ball higher and longer. She loves them.

So it has been over a month since I started gaming these irons. The first couple of weeks I had trouble getting used to them. I was fit for standard length and 1 degree up. During the fitting they found that my old irons were too long for me. So getting used to shorter irons was fun!! haha After the first two weeks I started hitting the ball higher and longer, plus my accuracy improved too. I also took a lesson from my instructor. He corrected my grip and had me slow down my takeaway. That helped immensely. I was hitting my old 7 iron about 140 and now 150-155. I really like the feel of the ball of the face. It has a real solid feel.

My bag is slowly filling up with Cobra clubs. Maybe my fairway wood and wedges will magically turn into Cobra clubs.

I will keep you posted!!

JP

I have the Baffler XL combo set in graphite and (1) love the hybrids, (2) am okay with the short irons. I added a Baffler XL 7 hybrid and think it's an awesome club and a nice addition to the set ... was wondering about the short irons of the Max iron set. Can someone please comment on the Max short irons and possibly compare them to the Baffler XL's? If you've also played the FLY-Z XL's and can compare the shot irons to the Max's, that would be appreciated as well ...

Thanks in advance,

Mike
MPM1960

I can't comment on the Baffler XL because I have never hit them. All of the Max irons launch the ball high and long. My wife has a set of the Fly-Z XL's and they also launch high.

The Max short irons also launch high and long.

You should hit the Max irons to compare to the Bafflers.

Hope this helps..

JP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Seems like something I should try at my age!

The photos of the Cobra Max short irons I've seen don't show a wedge with a cavity but of a more traditional "players" shape ... I think it's the two wedges in the iron or combo set that motivates me to ask my question.

Being a lefty, I don't see much opportunity in the retail stores in my area to hit LH stuff, so I'm going to have to wait until the demo days start in mid-April to conduct some comparisons ... thanks for the suggestion.

Mike
MPM1960

Accoring to Cobra web site, "The COBRA MAX irons are designed for the higher handicap golfer. An easy to hit set equipped with TechFlo. TechFlo utilizes half hallow technology in the longer irons increasing forgiveness, cavity back designs in the 8, 9 and PW irons and a speciality wedge design to help you improve your score."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back