Radspeed V1
1604926164760.png

Radspeed V2
1604926181080.png

Radspeed XB
1604926199240.png

Radspeed XD
1604926215593.png

Interesting to see a third model there with a draw biased head.

True. I kinda prefered the normal and Xtreme concept.

Anyhow, as someone who owns the SZ Xtreme and certain days have trouble turning it over, the draw version might work out for me.
Usually I fight a hook and the Xtreme is the only driver I have owned that my miss is more right than left. Doesn't fade or slice, it just doesn't draw back all the time.

Well...that’s a name.

the sole of this club is really, um, something...

nice, remember the Cobra's of old always had a draw biased, the King Cobra from 2000-ish?

the sole of this club is really, um, something...

Limey neon yellowish greenish is the accent color on one of the models. Which I love. Not sure others will though

Thinking the same thing - can’t call it a departure but an addition - interesting as the F Max lineup was the draw biased heads and SGI but the adjustable weighting makes me think premium lineup

Limey neon yellowish greenish is the accent color on one of the models. Which I love. Not sure others will though

that's the one i saw. it was not something i would gravitate toward in a store. but as is the case with so many clubs, the sole aesthetics don't really affect performance and you don't see that busyness at address, so performance should be the only thing that matters.

So i'm curious what is the difference between the V1 and V2 option. I know that the 9* head has been a lower spin design over the 10.5* head with both the F9 and SZ. Unsure why there would need to be two different entries on the USGA list for that.

Naming convention I can't figure out what XB is going to stand for.

Im just hoping we see a LOW spinner this year, preferably without insane fade bias :ROFLMAO:

The color photos are out there too and they remind me of the TM RBZ line. I swear an elementary school class must be the think-tank for Cobra's designs/colors. At least it's on the sole so you don't have to look at it at address. And "Rad"...wtf? Maybe it's an early 80's child coming up with this garbage (names/colors).

The color photos are out there too and they remind me of the TM RBZ line. I swear an elementary school class must be the think-tank for Cobra's designs/colors. At least it's on the sole so you don't have to look at it at address. And "Rad"...wtf? Maybe it's an early 80's child coming up with this garbage (names/colors).
no doubt short for "radial weights" also on the sole.

Every reaction I have to it makes me feel like a crabby old man. The gimmicky name and design stuff just doesn't work for me. I mean, it might if they actually performed better. It's not easy to make something in white and black that I don't like though, and it actually looks better with the neon. I want someone at Cobra to reeeally want turbulators on one and make a trade with Ping for them. Sound for turbulators. That way all the ridiculous can be in one place.

Could care less about the name etc- Like the add of the draw biased head. My SZ definitely liked to go right, so we'll definitely be giving them a swing.

Tubular!

So i'm curious what is the difference between the V1 and V2 option. I know that the 9* head has been a lower spin design over the 10.5* head with both the F9 and SZ. Unsure why there would need to be two different entries on the USGA list for that.

Naming convention I can't figure out what XB is going to stand for.

I can't comment on these of course, but can say that USGA list doesn't necessarily mean any product is coming to retail.

I had previously seen the white/green pic a while back. This black/white USGA photo makes me hope that they come out with a black/white colorway.

Otherwise, I dig it. I would only make one small tweak and then it would be perfect :cool:

1604935270207.png

Really not digging the name or the looks of this one, but I'm sure it will appeal to some.

Interesting different versions, and in the B&W the design seems really similar aesthetically.

Yup. Take my money.

Wait... How much does this have to do with Dechambeau's Augusta setup?

My memory tells me that Cobra had a three weight system in the F7 and perhaps the F8, which allowed you to turn the driver into a draw biased head by placing the heavier weight in the heel spot. A third head that is draw biased brings an offering that we see with some other OEMs.

I am intrigued by the weighting, particularly in the standard head, because it appears to have not only the front and back weights, which we have seen now in multiple Cobra releases, but also those “RAD” weights up by the face. The tech story will be interesting.

Live look at a lot of people with the names of these clubs lately

Back