I actually had a dream last night about hitting this driver. In turbo yellow with RDX Black. At Sand Hollow. It was kinda surreal.

Like maybe on this hole?

21587292-950C-4A58-8415-DFE2E1350AFC.jpeg

They got the blue so right
Prior to seeing that head I would have never thought about going outside of the traditional black color or dark matte grey driver head.

Love the look, especially of that navy blue and the black/red head.

Question though...

I played Cobra drivers for quite a few years from the ZL to the S2, S3 and the ZL Encore. Played each with numerous shafts (still even have some of the shafts).

What I found was that some contact off-center toward the toe with the S3 and ZL Encore, in particular, resulted in some hellacious hooks. Again, through different shafts.

But when I moved to Callaway and Ping, immediately, same swing with some of the same shafts, similar contact was not punished as harshly with a hook.

I'd since moved on from Cobra and haven't looked back, wrt considering another for purchase.

Compared to maybe the Epic, Rogue SZ, Epic Flash, G400 Max, G410, how would you guys compare the latest Cobra offerings wrt to contact a bit toward the toe?

FWIW, I still have an Encore ZL and last year during a period when I was swinging driver very well, I put it back in play. All was well until I hit one maybe 1/2" toe side of center and a little high. HOOK.

So not good location on the face, but the same didn't club me over the head with the above listed Cally and Ping drivers.

Love the look, especially of that navy blue and the black/red head.

Question though...

I played Cobra drivers for quite a few years from the ZL to the S2, S3 and the ZL Encore. Played each with numerous shafts (still even have some of the shafts).

What I found was that some contact off-center toward the toe with the S3 and ZL Encore, in particular, resulted in some hellacious hooks. Again, through different shafts.

But when I moved to Callaway and Ping, immediately, same swing with some of the same shafts, similar contact was not punished as harshly with a hook.

I'd since moved on from Cobra and haven't looked back, wrt considering another for purchase.

Compared to maybe the Epic, Rogue SZ, Epic Flash, G400 Max, G410, how would you guys compare the latest Cobra offerings wrt to contact a bit toward the toe?

FWIW, I still have an Encore ZL and last year during a period when I was swinging driver very well, I put it back in play. All was well until I hit one maybe 1/2" toe side of center and a little high. HOOK.

So not good location on the face, but the same didn't club me over the head with the above listed Cally and Ping drivers.
A ton has changed since then including who designs the clubs. Their face is completely different and the toe side based on reviews on THP has been very user friendly.

The volt/neon is growing on me..thinking I prefer that one now. The more I see of it the more I like it!

Got a nice gift card for Christmas. RadSpeed XB in Blue would be a nice use I'm thinking..... Just over a month to release day

If you are on Instagram, answer this post please.

hmm, just realized the center milling is horizontal on the Rad vs circular with the sz.

I posted a RADioactive emoji. That thing glows and looks to be nuclear powered.

Back